Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Accepting Paypal Payments as a Seller

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Ahhh! Silly me. When you said 'home page' that was where I looked.
    Sorry, it's not the home page is it

I thought PPP was available to us in US!

And back to the original question, OP is US. I bet 99.9% of buyers have a Paypal account so hands down it is the account of choice in attracting feebay people to buy from a seller. Adding personal check, money orders, or cashier's checks just about guarantees that the seller can offer a payment plan the buyer belongs to, is familiar and comfortable with.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    I thought PPP was available to us in US!
    It is probably 'available' but unless you have a card and bank account in GBP or Euros (unlikely) then you cannot use it.

The USD account does seem redundant as you cannot exchange money into it anyway. Even if you could - who are you going to pay in dollars? Nobody with a dollar account can use the site.

As said earlier...the site really needs a good seeing to and sorting out.

I am up and running a bit. I am trying to convert from feebay since of course the fees were killing my business! I am selling Hallmark greeting cards, which really do well for us on feebay, but haven't really taken off on here. Any suggestions? I am just a seller and cannot afford to be seller+ at this time.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maggiemaygreetings View Post
    I am up and running a bit. I am trying to convert from feebay since of course the fees were killing my business! I am selling Hallmark greeting cards, which really do well for us on feebay, but haven't really taken off on here. Any suggestions? I am just a seller and cannot afford to be seller+ at this time.
    You've been a member for 2 days.
    It'll take a little longer for you to get noticed.
    Notify all your previous customers where you are now.
    Take advantage of the Plug your Auctions forum - you can create 1(one) thread and bump it up every 24 hours by replying to yourself and adding any new info.
    Add a signature link in your forum postings so us nosy peeps can take a look at your items when your chatting in here.

x

Default paypal option

Can I suggest to buyers that using Paypal is fine, However if they would like to send a cheque or Postal Order I can and indeed will take the percentage Off their price they paid as I wouldnt pay Paypal fee's, not worded too well but I think you get the jist.

Not sure if a rule against it but not a good idea. I don't like to look at a listing and see that fees are being discussed, at all. That is part of doing business and is NOT the buyer's responsibility or business. And to discount that amount if they pay another way, no, I would not do it. That should be part of your price and not be mentioned.

Not fair to treat people differently based on how they pay.

And consider that checks etc are not really a freebie. Customer has to go out, buy, and mail them. Seller has to log them in and take to bank to cash. Time is money, might even "cost" you what a PP fee is for the item in gas, time etc. Same for buyer.

It would be much better to give everyone a discount, based not upon fees they pay or don't pay, but on volume. If they buy two items they get a discount. That would sit better with buyers and would be fair.

Thread Information