Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: just been robbed again :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Fossy View Post
    On your last day you ought to put a large, no holds barred, sign in the window explaining why the shop has closed.
    Strangely enough, I was thinking of doing that :-)

I'm just glad I got the shop on a one-month notice period and not a twelve months contract. That was one of the major reasons I gave it a try.

Hayling Island, Hampshire, United Kingdom
    View Fossy's Feedback (+826)
    All-About Fossy
    View Fossy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MadcatwomanEnterprises View Post
    Strangely enough, I was thinking of doing that :-)

I'm just glad I got the shop on a one-month notice period and not a twelve months contract. That was one of the major reasons I gave it a try.
    Would be even better if you had some photos of some of the little scrotes that knicked stuff from you to add to the poster.
    Chris
    (The sex & drugs have gone, but the rock 'n roll lives on)

Listen to Fossy on the Mojo Fingers Blues Show - Every weekday from 7 till 8pm

If Harmonica players don't blow - they suck.

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Would be even better if you had some photos of some of the little scrotes that knicked stuff from you to add to the poster.
    HA HA. My first thought was "wouldn't that be invasion of privacy or slander?" but then I thought you could caption the photo, if you can get a shot of the scrotes among your merchandise, something like "Some of our customers back before things went bad".

Quote Originally Posted by TexasAda View Post
    HA HA. My first thought was "wouldn't that be invasion of privacy or slander?" but then I thought you could caption the photo, if you can get a shot of the scrotes among your merchandise, something like "Some of our customers back before things went bad".
    I do have a couple of photos of one group, and the other group of younger kids were stupid enough to use names when talking to each other. I don't think there'll be many Brynneth (sp?) kids in the area :-)

View banrigh's Feedback (+2954)
    All-About banrigh
    View banrigh's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sad thing is its not just kids that steal. My daughter works in a costume shop and recently caught a Mother and Daughter stealing costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by banrigh View Post
    Sad thing is its not just kids that steal. My daughter works in a costume shop and recently caught a Mother and Daughter stealing costumes.
    My brother-in-law used to be a store detective and he said the ones you always had to look out for was the well-dressed little old ladies with the pearl earrings etc, because no one ever suspects them. Although he did say a lot of those were mostly cries for help. He would get guys stealing bottles of alcohol or jars of coffee and they wouldn't think twice of smashing 'n' slashing, breaking the glass jars and bottles and trying to slice his throat or face open with the glass. He had used syringes pulled on him a few times. He does security at a warehouse now, because it is much safer for him.

Barnsley, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View grahamec's Feedback (+532)
    All-About grahamec
    View grahamec's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sorry you have been forced to give up Sandra I'm only surprised that you stuck it out for so long. Given the same circumstances I probably would have given up sooner. I will look for you in the shopping mall, at least there you will have some protection around you.

All the best Carole

Quote Originally Posted by grahamec View Post
    Sorry you have been forced to give up Sandra I'm only surprised that you stuck it out for so long. Given the same circumstances I probably would have given up sooner. I will look for you in the shopping mall, at least there you will have some protection around you.

All the best Carole
    Thanks, Carole, much appreciated. I've already booked for the Kingstone craft fair, might try the Christmas Kindlmarkt at the end of November, maybe a couple of weeks at the Mall (only if they offer me a good price though), see if any more craft fairs or Christmas fairs come up. I'm thinking of moving into mail order countrywide, as well as selling tutus and personalised bracelets direct through schools, gym clubs, majorettes, dance classes etc by offering a percentage to the school for every item sold, etc. Plan A didn't go too well, but at least I have Plan B, C, D etc, so all is not lost just yet :-)

View playtowin's Feedback (+704)
    All-About playtowin
    View playtowin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MadcatwomanEnterprises View Post
    Thanks, Carole, much appreciated. I've already booked for the Kingstone craft fair, might try the Christmas Kindlmarkt at the end of November, maybe a couple of weeks at the Mall (only if they offer me a good price though), see if any more craft fairs or Christmas fairs come up. I'm thinking of moving into mail order countrywide, as well as selling tutus and personalised bracelets direct through schools, gym clubs, majorettes, dance classes etc by offering a percentage to the school for every item sold, etc. Plan A didn't go too well, but at least I have Plan B, C, D etc, so all is not lost just yet :-)
    and just think,with plans b,c,and d, all that extra time at your computer too

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

On your last day you ought to put a large, no holds barred, sign in the window explaining why the shop has closed.
    That would only work if those responsible were capable of feeling shame. More likely they would take pride in knowing they were instrumental in destroying someone else's dream.

Like the case in the news of the mother that killed herself and her daughter after years of abuse by yobs. The police are to be investigated but is anyone going to round up those really responsible for this tragedy? The yobs who made their lives such a misery that the mother was driven so low that this was the only way she could see out.

Give me a party that will take back our streets and I don't care about their other policies; I'll vote for them.

Thread Information