eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Ebid should offer 'Buying' to ALL countries

Forum Lurker
    View buckhysen's Feedback (+3185)
    All-About buckhysen
    View buckhysen's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Ebid should offer 'Buying' to ALL countries

Although not all countries can sell, or even register on Ebid (From what I've read) should Ebid allow all countries to buy from the site?

I had an email from a Man in Japan yesterday who wanted to buy several of my items but couldn't because he could not register/buy from the site. I must admit I didn't know this was the case before. I knew only some countries could sell and register, but I was under the impression that anyone could buy. But then thinking about it I guess not if they can't register.

Surely Ebid are missing a trick here, and a lot of potential buyers?

I can understand why they are growing the site with regards to which countries sell, and building up the site gradually, but surely allowing all countries to buy would help Ebid in general.

I agree.

I have been selling on discogs for 2 years, and have built a rather large worldwide customer base. Sadly i cant tell them to come over here, couse they can't buy from me or anyone else here.

I still sell alot everyday on the other site. I had a plan to include a eBid ad in every package i ship, but thats no point if they cant register here.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have never seen a reason given, or been able to come up with one myself, why eBid does not allow sales to any country. I understand it from a seller viewpoint as eBid carries out extra security checks which it cannot do in some countries because the infrastructure is not there to allow it.

As any risk is to the seller if they ship abroad (as to anywhere) then the choice should be with them also.

Forum Lurker
    View CornishDave's Feedback (+162)
    All-About CornishDave
    View CornishDave's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have had requests from Thailand, there are 40,000 ex-pates working there, but eBid is not interested, they told me the costs were to high. Eileen.

View cherokee47's Feedback (+86)
    All-About cherokee47
    View cherokee47's Listings
    Forum Posts

If eBid don't provide facilities they cant object to you making a sale via e-mail and simply send a payment request from google or paypal

Thread Information