eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: So how you going to handle the Postal Strike?

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View hotandvintage's Feedback (+13)
    All-About hotandvintage
    View hotandvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question So how you going to handle the Postal Strike?

Just wondering if any of you have any good ways to get through the mess that may be coming? and adding the biggest search word of postal strike.to the forum.

Hope ebid has paid for it, as postal strike is going to be a massive search word at the moment so as much help as possible while mentioning the term postal strike would be good right now.

Quote Originally Posted by hotandvintage View Post
    Just wondering if any of you have any good ways to get through the mess that may be coming? and adding the biggest search word of postal strike.to the forum.

Hope ebid has paid for it, as postal strike is going to be a massive search word at the moment so as much help as possible while mentioning the term postal strike would be good right now.
    I will simply do as I normally do and that is post Mon-Fri, unless there is a stretch of days where they are on strike, or if the PO stop accepting parcels etc. I never use post boxes, so they don't concern me.

I also tell customers just in case they are not aware

View victorfrank's Feedback (+160)
    All-About victorfrank
    View victorfrank's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    I will simply do as I normally do and that is post Mon-Fri, unless there is a stretch of days where they are on strike, or if the PO stop accepting parcels etc. I never use post boxes, so they don't concern me.

I also tell customers just in case they are not aware
    Me, too.

Forum Lurker
    All-About hotandvintage
    Forum Posts

You two were not selling through the last one I gather, if I am right start researching fast, as your plan will have your customers sitting around for months awaiting there item.

Quote Originally Posted by hotandvintage View Post
    You two were not selling through the last one I gather, if I am right start researching fast, as your plan will have your customers sitting around for months awaiting there item.
    I've been selling online for longer than I have been here

So yes I was selling through the last 1

Last time (elsewhere) we just kept going to the Post Office till they refused parcels and then sat tight and waited for them to open again. Books beanies, bric-a-brac etc so other options not really open for these small inexpensive items (PS not a plug just a comment
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Forum Lurker
    All-About hotandvintage
    Forum Posts

I guess you were lucky, we tried that at the beginning of the last one and got hammered, but we were posting around thirty parcels a day from monday to thursday, so when it went wrong, over one day it was going to hurt, either our pocket or our FB, as so many buyers seemed oblivious to it, and some of them even thought there was no strike and we were just making excuses. Never get in the way of a woman and her fashion item I guess.

So in the end we just stopped posting if there was a strike the next day if the parcel was going anywhere near it. It seemed to work a treat.

What about US to UK parcels? If we have some to mail should we go ahead, check on area strike first, or???

Can always ask the buyer if they are prepared to accept a delay or if they wish you to retain parcel till strike over ... very vague really.
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

It is very ush ush at the moment and the managers of Royal Mail are doing their best to hide to current problems, but I can tell you that all the walk out that have happened here, there and everywhere have already created massive delays. We are now checking post marks at work as our credit control started noticing some problems with clients swearing they sent cheques and us not receiving them. We had some 1st class letters delayed by a week and the worst one so far was delayed by 2 weeks. We have 2 clients who told us they posted cheques on 2nd and 3rd October and we still haven't got them... Yes we do not have to believe our clients, but those 2, we know, are not our typical liars.
    Our postie who collects mail in the afternoon told us that the Managers get entire big trolleys of mail shifted from one sorting office to another so they do not look like they are sitting on a lot of un-sorted mail. If you are lucky your mail is being sorted straight away, if not, it is on a long winding road to somewhere.... So this way it is not too obvious that there are delays!
    Caroline

Just click on the following link to see my auctions.
    http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/main.c...er&go=%A0Go%A0

Thread Information