eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So how you going to handle the Postal Strike?

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View hotandvintage's Feedback (+13)
    All-About hotandvintage
    View hotandvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

There are a few things wrong with your argument.

1) You have not made anything work in your favour, as ebay are doing that for you, at the expense of others that are paying the fees for you, as the search is being manipulated away from them.

2) Stay off ebay forums if you want any truth, as they delete anything that even mentions anywhere else, or any wrong that ebay has done.

3) if it is so good there, then why you here, you not that sure that ebay will work out in the long run, or is there another reason?

4) I am not forced to accept paypal on here, so no, paypal clawbacks can not happen anywhere, and even if I did, ebid is not going to use them as weapon to get rid of me off the site.

And one last point I would possibly do what you are doing and add some of my stuff on an alternative, as I have been watching the turn of ebays marketing articles, and they are trying to promote old ebay, not the new thing that is making you do so well. So just do not count your chickens with that place as being secure, as in my opinion they are in panic mode, and the last time I seen them do this, they brought out a mass of changes that are now destroying the site.

So good luck with that, but can we get back on with the topic of the post now and try and concern ourselves with the postal problem, which is possibly a bigger concern to most on here than what we think of ebay.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hotandvintage View Post

1) You have not made anything work in your favour, as ebay are doing that for you, at the expense of others that are paying the fees for you, as the search is being manipulated away from them.

2) Stay off ebay forums if you want any truth, as they delete anything that even mentions anywhere else, or any wrong that ebay has done.

So that would explain us having permission recently to start a thread there where we can compare our experiences on alternative sites

3) if it is so good there, then why you here, you not that sure that ebay will work out in the long run, or is there another reason?

4) I am not forced to accept paypal on here, so no, paypal clawbacks can not happen anywhere, and even if I did, ebid is not going to use them as weapon to get rid of me off the site.

And one last point I would possibly do what you are doing and add some of my stuff on an alternative, as I have been watching the turn of ebays marketing articles, and they are trying to promote old ebay, not the new thing that is making you do so well. So just do not count your chickens with that place as being secure, as in my opinion they are in panic mode, and the last time I seen them do this, they brought out a mass of changes that are now destroying the site.

So good luck with that, but can we get back on with the topic of the post now and try and concern ourselves with the postal problem, which is possibly a bigger concern to most on here than what we think of ebay.
    My trading on ebay is going well....and I don't have any special concessions made for me....just list stuff people want to buy

Quote Originally Posted by hotandvintage View Post

Your definition of arguement is different to mine.
    I pointed out some facts. No arguement - just facts.

Unfortunately because of the narrow minded mods around, I cannot state exactly what I want to.

1) wrong - I made it work for me. Some have admitted it they cant.
    I cant make ebid work for me - but I still have my items listed here - a few sales a year on all sites help pay the bills.

2) the forum there is frequented by a small minority of sellers - just as ebid forum is.

3) Business - I list on 8 sites. I spend time each day on all 8 sites.
    I also have other income - I will not have all my eggs in one basket.

4) paypal clawbacks can happen anywhere to anyone that accepts it - as can credit card chargebacks.

5) People that continually slam ebay, like you and many others are doing. One thing I do not do is slam any site I sell on. Buyers read the forums, and if they saw some of the non-stop slamming of other sites, am sure they will think twice about buying from that person. When I see people continually slamming other sites, I automatically add them to my bbl. NOT because I expect them to buy from me - but as a reminder to myself that if that person cant talk in a forum without slamming other sites, then I doubt he or she can be decent to trade with, therefore I have no intentions of purchasing from them.
    My bbl is sitting at 124 - and rising. That is 124 people I wouldnt think about buying from.

By the way - if you think you are safe here - I got banned from here for leaving someone a negative feedback (after asking advice from others in the forum). They would not re-instate me until an explanation had been received. The feedback I left remains, and there is a thread in the forum about it somewhere.

Ebid works for some - but doesnt work for me - hence I dont advertise it any more. I was selling here in 2003 under another name, and sales were better then.
    I paid my £50.00 and I will continue to leave my items here for as long as I wish. Google picks them up. I would have thought that you would have known that.
    Last edited by MagnetsAndHangers; 14th October 2009 at 10:33 PM.

Forum Lurker
    All-About hotandvintage
    Forum Posts

Facts?

Fact one

Ebay has changed their system so that it favours a small group of sellers. Those sellers are now experiencing a rise in sales, as ebay intended, and claiming they are great business people because of it.

Is that true or false?

The forum stuff is pointless.

You list on eight sites, and you do not want your eggs in one basket.

Why, please explain what brought that about, and why you feel ebay is not able to fulfil your requirements?

Paypal: You repeat it enough and you hope it becomes true.
    You really need to check that out, as that one may actually cost you money if you think you have the same buyer protection off ebay, go read the terms of paypal on that one.

And again am I forced to use paypal on here, and what does that do to your fact?

I am not bashing ebay, I am just responding to your false praise of ebay, and suggesting both you and those reading this do a little research before taking it as fact.

Please do backball me if you see fit, I do not mind really I don't. It is your prerogative to do so.

Your being kicked:

Sounds reasonable that someone will be there to listen to me, if I have a problem like that, thanks for letting me know.

How long did that take? and please go do a little research and then come back and tell me what people are having to do to get reinstated if possible on ebay, and how long it is taking them if they are lucky enough to be heard?

Your last point, I am not totally sure about, as it seems to have some hidden meaning, and I am struggling to figure it out. maybe you can expand on that, I am sure you will.

Here is me worrying about the postal strike and trying to find ways to keep buyers happy, and you are worrying about ebay, why?
    Maybe that is what makes you a good seller on ebay in ebays eyes?

Now that last part was possibly ebay bashing to show you what that phrase means.
    Last edited by hotandvintage; 15th October 2009 at 12:43 AM.

Yes - this thread was about a postal strike - then why bring up ebay?

After all it was you that said the following.......
    But on the bright side, the last strike people were constantly getting bad feedback over there, so if that is anything to go by then we should expect some new members after they are kicked.

On the ebay board, I defend ebid - and get jumped on by several - and strangely enough - these people are branded as trolls.
    Same thing happens on these boards when I defend (not praise) ebay - hmmmmmmm the word trolls comes to my mind yet again.

Your comment about ebay not fulfilling my requirements is laughable. If you are stupid enough to rely on sales from one site - then that is your decision.

As for paypal - with over 40,000 paypal transactions behind me, and only a few problems - it doesnt bother me. I count similar to shoplifting - and realise it is going to happen - so dont try and preach to me about paypal.

Why would I want to go to do any research about people being kicked over there?
    I have other income - and if it happens, then so be it.
    I certainly wont be in here bleating about it, and nor will I be slamming them for it.

You obviously have a huge amount of business sense (NOT), so I feel that any further explanations of my actions will be simply wasted.
    I will continue to sell across various venues.

Good luck on ebid - I hope your fb of 4 increases soon.
    Last edited by MagnetsAndHangers; 15th October 2009 at 01:17 AM.

Forum Lurker
    All-About hotandvintage
    Forum Posts

Thanks for the good wishes and now we can get back to the topic in hand, if you are finished?

It has been fun.

For those of you who are still thinking of the strike I have added Postal strike news to google alert, so if I hear anything I will post it. forgive the pun

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View ukcollector's Feedback (+450)
    All-About ukcollector
    View ukcollector's Listings
    Forum Posts

Err, (ducks whilst the pans and dishes are flying),,
    On topic...
    I'll be doing what I've learned, through past bad experience, and that is,,
    To ensure that whatever I send out, I send out with a trackable electronic source of reference that can be accessed by the buyer and any in-between agency that would doubt otherwise, my integrity, when it comes to quick despatch. I couldn't offer a better piece of advice if you want piece of mind for both you and your buyer.
    Yeah, I know that one auction can look better than another for the same item, when it comes to post / pack rates but you gets what you pays for (under normal operating conditions) ? Let's face it,, Royal Mail don't hide the fact that millions of items go missing every year. You've probably had personal experience of it at one end or the other? None of use needs the hassle so, for the extra it's going to cost, overall, happiness is a smooooth transaction.
    Do my buyers benefit for asking the extra 75 pence for recorded delivery?
    Apart from the above, I send personalised emails out after despatch which contain the tracking reference number, together with the link for the royal mail site (or courier site) that has the latest detail, from the time its first scanned in the local post office. I also make a habit of following up those "tracks" myself, about 3 or 4 days later, if feedback has not been received. You'd be amazed how many, on average, are advised by this service, that a card has been left because nobody was available to sign for the item at the intitial day of delivery. I copy and post that lineage into a personalised email and pass it on,,, just in case, they didn't see the card or react to it. Again, you'd be amazed how many respond and say thanks, "I didn't see a card", when you pass on this info. ;-)
    Makes for great feedback and a warm feelig of satisfaction at the end of the day, that you've covered your ass, the best way possible.
    Here endeth the lesson. I'll let the other couple get back to flinging bombs. Sorry to have interrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by ukcollector View Post
    I'll let the other couple get back to flinging bombs. Sorry to have interrupted.
    THere was no throwing bombs - we had different opinion on things - simple as that.

Personally I have never sent anything out recorded - I still believe good communication is the answer to this.

If it results in negs or neutrals - so be it.

Am not going to change the way I do things just because a bunch of posties and their bosses cant sort out their differences.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

"About 42,000 mail centre staff and drivers will walk out next Thursday October 22 for 24 hours, followed by another 24-hour stoppage on Friday October 23 by 78,000 delivery and collection staff.
    The Communication Workers Union said it had made a "genuine offer" to avert a national strike and accused the Royal Mail of rejecting it without proper consideration"
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

"Personally I have never sent anything out recorded - I still believe good communication is the answer to this."

well you wouldent send recorded for 1.99 fridge magnets would you you wouldent have a business if you did, and is very unfair of you to say this without the real reason, for the rest of us who might ship expensive items and to comply with PayPal seller protection this is must !
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Thread Information