Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Zippo Announces Plans for Ronson Acquisition

View Scrybe's Feedback (+2)
    All-About Scrybe
    View Scrybe's Listings
    Forum Posts

Exclamation Zippo Announces Plans for Ronson Acquisition

Zippo Manufacturing Company has executed an agreement to purchase certain assets of Ronson Consumer Products Corporation, Woodbridge, New Jersey. The agreement also includes Ronson Corporation of Canada, Mississauga, Ontario.

Ronson has developed a strong business in the lighter fluid market and also markets an array of pocket and multi-purpose lighters and butane torches.

Zippo is one of the world’s most widely recognized brands and is best known for its iconic windproof lighter. The company also markets lighter accessories, butane candle lighters, and lifestyle products for men such as leather goods and writing instruments. A new line of fire-related outdoor gear is being launched this fall.

What will this do to lighter values now?

Haven't a clue I'm afraid. Don't know anything about lighter prices especially since I gave up smoking !

Welcome to the forums anyway.

Gosh, will have some effect I bet. Zippo lighters have been around forever, I still have my dad's that went all over the south pacific in WWII. Wonder if it will have no effect on Zippo but will effect Ronson because they might be closed down (what usually happens when taken over by another company).

Buy Ronson lighters they may be gone soon?

Thread Information