eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: A Sad Day For Our Friends in USA

View smiffy49er's Feedback (+570)
    All-About smiffy49er
    View smiffy49er's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default A Sad Day For Our Friends in USA

Hope none of you have friends or relatives involved in the 2 tragedies which have taken place in Texas and Florida.

Thinking of you

Go on click you know you want to

http://www.justgiving.com/Charyn-Smith

Marriage is a relationship in which one person is always right, and the other is a husband.

Neighbor's son is stationed at Fort Hood but was not near the shootings. Was locked down and unable to phone out etc until they made sure the guy they caught was working alone. He called his mom to say he was fine.

They are not releasing details yet, maybe tomorrow. Appears that one female security officer took shooter out despite being wounded, and a young gal from Wisconsin helped to carry others to safety despite being wounded as well. This saved many lives.

Very sad.

View Teddyrose54's Feedback (+158)
    All-About Teddyrose54
    View Teddyrose54's Listings
    Forum Posts

Such an awful thing to of happened.

My heart goes out to their friends and family.

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am disgusted with the US authorities for not picking this guy out. He might as well have had a huge red arrow on his head saying 'DANGEROUS'

This man was well known to be vehemently & vocally opposed to the Iraq & Afghanistan wars.
    He was about to be shipped to Afghanistan; his worst nightmare.
    And the major red flag! He was under investigation for possibly having links to extremist websites.

So why was he left alone? His job gave him the perfect opportunity for this act of treachery.

The Secret Service and the Army should have been alive to this possibility. I say they were sleeping on the job!

They let their comrades down.

Quote Originally Posted by smiffy49er View Post
    Hope none of you have friends or relatives involved in the 2 tragedies which have taken place in Texas and Florida.

Thinking of you
    Dreadful business. My condolances to anyone that had loved ones involved. What guts those police officers had. I hope the female officer recovers from her wounds quickly.

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BookZoneOnline View Post
    I am disgusted with the US authorities for not picking this guy out. He might as well have had a huge red arrow on his head saying 'DANGEROUS'

This man was well known to be vehemently & vocally opposed to the Iraq & Afghanistan wars.
    He was about to be shipped to Afghanistan; his worst nightmare.
    And the major red flag! He was under investigation for possibly having links to extremist websites.

So why was he left alone? His job gave him the perfect opportunity for this act of treachery.

The Secret Service and the Army should have been alive to this possibility. I say they were sleeping on the job!

They let their comrades down.
    I have been having somewhat heated discussions with somebody about this. My first reaction was that the guy is evil not only for the shooting but for staying in the Army all those years sapping up free education. The Army as i understand it paid for his undergraduate and medical degrees. He would have to be either a shortsighted moron or a lying scumbag to accept all that education without intending to actually give the Army back some time in service...which very well would include time in hot zones.

My opponent says "he was picked on for being Muslim. He is mentally ill. Mental illness doesn't come on suddenly but usually it's gradual. He was trying to get out of the Army.".

I say almost everybody gets picked on for some reason. If he was a psychiatrist, he would have noticed his own emotional instability. He had many, many years to drop out of school and get out of the army before he acquired his advanced degree. And I don't care what religion he is or how persecuted he feels--it is ALWAYS wrong to murder other people!

Yes, the more I think about it, the more concerned I am that the Army didn't get rid of him. They are apparently very short of mental health professionals, and had invested a lot of time and money in him, but it is NOT FAIR to his patients and co workers to assign him for their care if he was, as shown, such an unreliable, demoralizing, and now lethal human.

What a waste. He killed people, he injured others, some of whom will have to live with their damaged bodies the rest of their lives, and he probably inspired other unhappy misfits.

View smiffy49er's Feedback (+570)
    All-About smiffy49er
    View smiffy49er's Listings
    Forum Posts

Makes you wonder if the shooting in Orlando was someone feeding off his mental instability coming just hours after.

Sometimes I really wonder if this world has a future at all

Go on click you know you want to

http://www.justgiving.com/Charyn-Smith

Marriage is a relationship in which one person is always right, and the other is a husband.

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TexasAda View Post

Yes, the more I think about it, the more concerned I am that the Army didn't get rid of him. They are apparently very short of mental health professionals, and had invested a lot of time and money in him, but it is NOT FAIR to his patients and co workers to assign him for their care if he was, as shown, such an unreliable, demoralizing, and now lethal human.

What a waste. He killed people, he injured others, some of whom will have to live with their damaged bodies the rest of their lives, and he probably inspired other unhappy misfits.
    The whole point is he should have been 'RED-FLAGGED' by his attitude,sympathies and activities.

It was an act off pureTreachery by a committed ENEMY.

He was just as treacherous as the policeman that killed five of our British lads who should have had his trust.

He should never have been given the opportuity.

He was 'VISIBLE' detectable and should have been stopped.
    As I said before Shame on the army and Secret service.

I applaud the bravery of the female officer who ended this obscenity.

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes BookZoneOnline, I agree with you totally. The Army should have separated him from responsibility and trust. The hard question is, when to step in and do this. Some people are doubters, dabble in dissent, and then come back. But what bothers me most is that he was entrusted with fragile, vulnerable soldiers' care. Apparently he considered his own needs foremost yet somehow kept his job.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TexasAda View Post
    Yes BookZoneOnline, I agree with you totally. The Army should have separated him from responsibility and trust. The hard question is, when to step in and do this. Some people are doubters, dabble in dissent, and then come back. But what bothers me most is that he was entrusted with fragile, vulnerable soldiers' care. Apparently he considered his own needs foremost yet somehow kept his job.
    What happened immediately prior to these murders indicates to me that this guy was a radical Muslim (very small minority of Muslims apparently) who saw what he did as a ritual slaughter approved by his God.

He used the same words that are used just before animals are ritually killed...the same phrase used here in British Halal slaughter houses.

I will never blame Muslims for what they do ...it is part of their religious beliefs ....they just shouldn't be allowed a free run in a non Muslim country.

Sadly....what has happened here and in other non Muslim countries is the result of the multi-cultural -ism experiment.

Coming soon.....to a town near you

Thread Information