eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Saturation of a given catagory

Forum Newbie
    View boky32's Feedback (+12)
    All-About boky32
    View boky32's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Saturation of a given catagory

Seems like when a seller has hundreds of items to sell in a given catagory. it would be better if they were in a "store format. One gets tired of looking at hundreds of the same thing while trying to find a wanted item. The average sellers items become lost in the clutter. It is a case of not seeing the woods because there are too many trees in the way. Just my thoughts, any one else have any? (thoughts)

I'm not sure what you mean by "it would be better if they were in a store format".

Could you give an example of a category where you think there's a problem? If the "hundreds of items" are all identical, then the seller is breaking eBid's rule against duplicate listings.

If someone has many similiar, but different, items to sell, then of course there will be a long list. I hope they will list them all.

As an avid bookbuyer I like seeing all the available copies and covers and sizes of books and am quite happy looking through them all - sad but true
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

I guess I don't understand the term "store format" either. Most Sellers+ take advantage of opening the five free stores and organize their items that way. Since they are allowed up to 30 sub categories within each store, the items are divided in an easy to find format.

Everyone searches a different way. Some for specific items, i.e. purple glass vase, others windowshop around whole categories, i.e. antique tinware. Guess there is a quick or fast way to search for everything including within the individual seller's stores.

For the last few months sellers have worked very hard to increase both listings and the variety of those listings. We must be doing something right if someone is now complaining there is too much in some categories!!

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    For the last few months sellers have worked very hard to increase both listings and the variety of those listings. We must be doing something right if someone is now complaining there is too much in some categories!!
    Yes!

Thread Information