Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Genuine callaway golf irons vs. Counterfeit visual detection tips photos attached

View ovezevo's Feedback (+1634)
    All-About ovezevo
    View ovezevo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Exclamation Genuine callaway golf irons vs. Counterfeit visual detection tips photos attached

I've been motivated to write this guide as a direct result of recently becoming a victim to the ever growing problem of fake counterfeit golf clubs. To protect myself from future civil implications, I will refrain from identifying the seller who sold me a set of fake Callaway X-20 golf irons. The matter is still trying to be resolved through Pay Pal (which is a long enduring process in itself, the responsibility to prove the case rests on the claim initiator with unrealistic time lines set out by Paypal. I don't feel that they do much in terms of investigating other than sit back and wait. If you miss the time deadlines, too bad, you lose). To top it off, the seller refused product return for refund and then had the nerve to offer half my money back no questions asked after I bumped my issue up to a claim with Paypal. Let's see......hmmmmm, the party is willing to give me half my money back and I keep the fake clubs..lol. Many would take the deal and run. It is imperative that these people be dealt with accordingly to ensure that they are deterred from selling more fake items.
    I will say this, feel free to review my feedback left for sellers from time to time. I will be leaving the appropriate feedback for this transaction.
    I've reviewed several auctions being offered from Canadian sellers. There seems to have been an infestation of sellers surfacing in almost all provinces, selling name brand golf equipment that would be considered questionable. Most sellers refrain from offering actual photos and rely heavily on using template photos.

This article is on some quick visual ways of quickly detecting fake Callaway Golf Irons. Some of you will find this very useful and helpful.
    I've attached two photos for viewing. One of a genuine set of Callaway x-20's and one of a fake counterfeit set of Callaway x-20's:
    The differences are easily detected to the human eye:
    Can you tell the difference?

1. All Callaway irons with bore through shafts have a very unique star grid pattern. (top left photo). Now take a look at the fake club...no grid pattern. Merely some black paint covering the fill to the shaft.

2. A genuine set of Callaway irons, usually is equipped with a laser screened serial number located on the eight iron of the set. Bottom left photo shows the serial etched. Now look at the fake club....no serial number.

These are just a few quick tips for visual confirmation. Remember that there are several non authentic clubs out there with counterfeit serial numbers. I've even seen fake Callaways (real good copies) with serial and product numbers listed on a counterfeit shaft sticker.
    One last thing on the irons. If you find a serial number, ask yourself this: is it laser screened, or engraved?
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Thread Information