Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To google search 16 minutes

Smile To google search 16 minutes

Fellas, you must have a great influence on the google guys! I listed 5 beaded bags this evening, and just for the heck of it checked google. The last one I listed was right at the top of the list!!!! Had a little note on it, "listed 16 minutes ago".

Some people are convinced google only downloads once a week, I don't think so. Put this in around 11:30 pm central time. Bravo!!

Too bad we don't come up on the google shopping. Looks like everyone but us!

I been checking google too, and get my listings at the top quite often, even with basic search strings. I havn't timed it yet though, but seems very quick. Good innit

I type in 'Vu 3D', it is a very common piece of software, hundreds of them for sale all over the net, my one comes up 4th in google

'Sinclair Horizons' comes in 7th in google.

Google Shopping results are even better.
    Last edited by SpecVinyl; 3rd December 2009 at 10:28 AM.
    Click below to visit my store.

Sinclair Revival

Sinclair ZX Spectrum
    Software & Hardware

Record store coming soon......

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    Some people are convinced google only downloads once a week, I don't think so.
    Google doesn't download anything. eBid uploads to Google - supposedly soon after items are listed or re-listed. How quickly after that Google processes the upload and the items are published is not something eBid have any control over and likely depends on the load on Google's system.

I've been asking some recent buyers how they found my auctions and most who replied said through the google shopping feature. Well that's evidence enough for me that it works. Well done Gaz and Mark.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theretrotrader View Post
    I've been asking some recent buyers how they found my auctions and most who replied said through the google shopping feature. Well that's evidence enough for me that it works. Well done Gaz and Mark.
    Was that definitely Google Shopping or was it the normal Google search? I have to admit I've given up asking. I take the steady flow of customers, more or less, for granted now. They arrive, they buy, I pack.

See what I sold on eBid - http://www.flickr.com/photos/sellingonebid/

Quote Originally Posted by kedo View Post
    Was that definitely Google Shopping or was it the normal Google search? I have to admit I've given up asking. I take the steady flow of customers, more or less, for granted now. They arrive, they buy, I pack.

See what I sold on eBid - http://www.flickr.com/photos/sellingonebid/
    Just normal search, not shopping or product or whatever they call that. That seems to be for big name stores or venues.

As of this am, that bag got 16 hits, the others no one noticed yet.

About half my buyers are new and from google, and the other half are old customers, some of which came in because of google. Pretty slick.

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    Just normal search, not shopping or product or whatever they call that.
    In that case it is nothing to do with eBid (unless the item appeared under Shopping Results - which are picked up from Google Product Search) as items in a general search are picked up by Google's spiders crawling the site. That would be unlikely to happen that quickly though.

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

On the subject of Google... the following search returns rather odd results:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...GB349&ie=UTF-8

I assumed it's the Google shopping/products. I just tried searching "vintage star trek" and it came up with 1 of my items on the first page. I'm not sure wether this happens consistantly. Would someone like to try the same search on their own computer and get back to me with any results. On my computer a mego scotty figure appears about 5 results down the page. Either way i'm selling a few items per day and can't get my listings on quick enough (Hurry up Ninja Lister !!!!!)

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theretrotrader View Post
    I assumed it's the Google shopping/products. I just tried searching "vintage star trek" and it came up with 1 of my items on the first page. I'm not sure wether this happens consistantly. Would someone like to try the same search on their own computer and get back to me with any results. On my computer a mego scotty figure appears about 5 results down the page. Either way i'm selling a few items per day and can't get my listings on quick enough (Hurry up Ninja Lister !!!!!)
    It's just as likely to be natural search (as far as I know). It's natural search that's brought in the business for the last few years. If it's a transatlantic sale it's highly unlikely to have come via GS (Google Shopping). UK items don't show on the U.S. version of GS and vice versa.

As far as I know GS is just a more limited search aimed at connecting buyers and sellers (i.e. only shows stuff for sale). I don't know how common it is for buyers to use it at the moment, hence the question.

Thread Information