eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pppay question

Forum Newbie
    View diggerman's Feedback (+2306)
    All-About diggerman
    View diggerman's Listings
    Forum Posts

I wouldn't bother. I signed up for it to pay for an item as it was the only payment method offered and got stitched up along with a lot of other people. At least you are covered with paypal.

Quote Originally Posted by diggerman View Post
    I wouldn't bother. I signed up for it to pay for an item as it was the only payment method offered and got stitched up along with a lot of other people. At least you are covered with paypal.
    I've paid many sellers with pppay and only ever had 1 issue. I have been paid with pppay many times too and only had 1 issue due to buyer not penny checking their pppay account.

The perception that you are covered with paypal is not true even for eb*y items.

No matter where or who anyone buys from then the only secure way would be to fund with a credit card.

The fact is that pppay can work out a lot cheaper than paypal if you use it wisely.

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

Have just removed it from all of my auctions nothing but problems with new buyers not knowing what to do
    My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

Quote Originally Posted by Huddylion View Post
    Have just removed it from all of my auctions nothing but problems with new buyers not knowing what to do
    I know where you can spend any pppay monies

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yeh ok Sarah, only got a small amount in there now
    My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

Quote Originally Posted by Huddylion View Post
    Yeh ok Sarah, only got a small amount in there now
    Ditto, I've only got a bit in there, I got paid by pppay 4 times yesterday,

Forum Newbie
    View timddeb's Feedback (+447)
    All-About timddeb
    View timddeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RCSToyWorld View Post
    Im new to Ebid i no very little about PPPay as i only heard of it a few days ago.

Is it worth signing up for and how do i sign up for it?

All responses welcome

RCS
    NO. Why? Well the owners of ebid are not supporting pppay. I noticed they even take your fees from paypal, to quote the ebidfees "Payment for outstanding invoices will be attempted from your registered credit/debit card. Please keep your card up to date, visit the My Subscriptions page to update your card. Alternatively payment can be made via PayPal."
    If you want to use pppay you have to do a transfer to paypal. It is my feeling that eventually pppay will be dropped. The system is also a bit clunky and when people don't do the penny check feature you run the real risk of not getting the funds for your item, and a ****ed of customer. As not many people have even heard of pppay let alone have an account you end up using paypal. I wish it weren't so. One of the reasons I threw in the towel with feebay is the paypal situation, but also in my experience it is really hard to get people to not use paypal. ebid are not helping either, so in essence don't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by timddeb View Post
    NO. Why? Well the owners of ebid are not supporting pppay. I noticed they even take your fees from paypal, to quote the ebidfees "Payment for outstanding invoices will be attempted from your registered credit/debit card. Please keep your card up to date, visit the My Subscriptions page to update your card. Alternatively payment can be made via PayPal."
    If you want to use pppay you have to do a transfer to paypal. It is my feeling that eventually pppay will be dropped. The system is also a bit clunky and when people don't do the penny check feature you run the real risk of not getting the funds for your item, and a ****ed of customer. As not many people have even heard of pppay let alone have an account you end up using paypal. I wish it weren't so. One of the reasons I threw in the towel with feebay is the paypal situation, but also in my experience it is really hard to get people to not use paypal. ebid are not helping either, so in essence don't bother.
    You cannot transfer from pppay to paypal nor can you transfer from paypal to pppay

Thread Information