Thread: Ebid Car Parts Enquiries?

Forum Newbie
    Cheltenham Spa, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    All-About turbocomp
    View turbocomp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Ebid Car Parts Enquiries?

Hi,

I recently opened an Ebid store (http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Turbocharg...on-Compressors) having been very impressed with the low fees option for lifetime members.

I sell car parts, more specifically new genuine Turbochargers and Air Con Compresors.

I have listed around 400 items with another 2000 to go.

Average transcation price is around £650.00 inc vat.

I was incredibly impressed by the speed of the indexing on Google, one listing was listed and found at #1 position on Google in 28 mins!

Search term: 'Mondeo Actuators' result #1 in search rankings (3 below the usual sponsored listings).

Now, I have taken the time to very carefully embed my listings with all the neccessary part numbers for these parts safe in the knowledge that Google will pick them up. In the week that they were listed they clocked up an average of around 6 viewings each - around 3,600 in total ish.

How many enquiries through the Q&A do you think I would normally get in ratio to these viewings?

Well I can tell you that when we were selling on Ebay the enquiries were around 1/200 viewings.

ON EBID WE HAVE HAD ZERO.

The problem? You need to be a member of Ebid to ask a question.

I realise that Ebid want to avoid transcations taking place outside of Ebid but I can't see us making any sales unless the customers have asked there usual questions about delivery/suitability etc.

No one here is trying to drive people away from Ebid - far from it, we all need the feedback and the sales have to be processed somewhere!

Conversely, Ebay has millions upon millions of signed up members who will usuall browse for whatthey want having signed in. Joe public is more likely to find us through a Google search on Ebid and is more likely to not have an account.

I know through market research and personal preferences that asking someone to sign up in order to ask a quick question is a sure way to send them elsewhere.

Solution perhaps?: Let them ask the question as an unsigned up member, obviously having to leave an email address for a reply - post the message to the seller - then ask them if they want to create a password to become a member!

Maybe I'm looking at this through selfish eyes I don't know, all I do know is that the online car parts market on here could give feeBay a good run for it's money.

Jay.

Don't fall in to the trap of searching for your own key words, otherwise every listing you have will appear first.

Forum Newbie
    Cheltenham Spa, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    All-About turbocomp
    View turbocomp's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't, I have keyword software on some of my websites which identifies popular search terms that have led people to the sites. 'Mondeo Actuators' is one such term.

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

good luck with everything

Default Same Here

Quote Originally Posted by turbocomp View Post
    Hi,

I recently opened an Ebid store (http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Turbocharg...on-Compressors) having been very impressed with the low fees option for lifetime members.

I sell car parts, more specifically new genuine Turbochargers and Air Con Compresors.

I have listed around 400 items with another 2000 to go.

Average transcation price is around £650.00 inc vat.

I was incredibly impressed by the speed of the indexing on Google, one listing was listed and found at #1 position on Google in 28 mins!

Search term: 'Mondeo Actuators' result #1 in search rankings (3 below the usual sponsored listings).

Now, I have taken the time to very carefully embed my listings with all the neccessary part numbers for these parts safe in the knowledge that Google will pick them up. In the week that they were listed they clocked up an average of around 6 viewings each - around 3,600 in total ish.

How many enquiries through the Q&A do you think I would normally get in ratio to these viewings?

Well I can tell you that when we were selling on Ebay the enquiries were around 1/200 viewings.

ON EBID WE HAVE HAD ZERO.

The problem? You need to be a member of Ebid to ask a question.

I realise that Ebid want to avoid transcations taking place outside of Ebid but I can't see us making any sales unless the customers have asked there usual questions about delivery/suitability etc.

No one here is trying to drive people away from Ebid - far from it, we all need the feedback and the sales have to be processed somewhere!

Conversely, Ebay has millions upon millions of signed up members who will usuall browse for whatthey want having signed in. Joe public is more likely to find us through a Google search on Ebid and is more likely to not have an account.

I know through market research and personal preferences that asking someone to sign up in order to ask a quick question is a sure way to send them elsewhere.

Solution perhaps?: Let them ask the question as an unsigned up member, obviously having to leave an email address for a reply - post the message to the seller - then ask them if they want to create a password to become a member!

Maybe I'm looking at this through selfish eyes I don't know, all I do know is that the online car parts market on here could give feeBay a good run for it's money.

Jay.
    We are recent converts too and have been really impressed thus far hoping, as we are, that this is a viable alternative to the Evil Empire. Really straightforward to get our near 1000 listings moved across, had a sale within half a day of setting up so were very encouraged and then NOTHING, not an enquiry (at all !!... although I didnt appreciate that browsers had to be registered to enquire) So we are keeping our fingers crossed that this changes pretty soon, maybe eBid need to allow enquiries from non registered folk just to kick start it all ... noticed the seller+ price has been hacked too since I signed up ... maybe that will help a mass migration if we all give it a helping hand ?
    Any help we can give anywhere just give us a shout, especially on email campaigns !!

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

Two things I've noticed on ebid.
    1 It seems to take time before you get steady sales.
    2 Most sales are from newly joined or first timers.
    Maybe its because its still regarded as 'new',maybe it's that people have been brain washed by the dark side and see anything else as risky or something else all together.
    The one bit of advice I'd give to anyone starting out is don't give up keep trying and pushing your items as best you can.Also there are people on here all too willing to help and give advice,its a friendly place to trade so don't be afraid to ask.
    (Sorry thats more than one bit of advice,I got carried away).

Unhappy

My experience is somewhat identical. I, being one of many, have slid a number of listing across from the dark side. I was attracted by the special offer lifetime membership which seemed a good deal. In three months I've had ONE (count them) question and half a dozen sales, again all but a couple were zero feedback noobs who have clearly joined up just to purchase.
    We live in hope that things will pick up, BUT things do need to be made as simple as possible for the buying public. The internet shopper I believe will take the least line of resistance unless you have an easily identifiable unique product that forces him to you.

In the automotive market there are so many variables, that easy contact to make enquiries is absolutely essential.
    We answer hundreds of questions every month through our own website, ebay, email & phone. Without that we would be accepting returns for incorrect items daily. As it is we exchange more items than we'd like, despite strong recommendation to supply vehicle details.

In light of the massive competition I think Ebid needs to allow a 'simple' login by email & password only (Like my own website) which takes but a few seconds to process. If the enquiry proves to be fruitful they can simply upgrade to a 'full' account.

Simple is efficient, and anything that will draw buyers away from the virtual monopoly has got to be a plus

I have checked here for a lambda.

None are suitable

Also I can save £20+ by buying on the bay for £48 for a NGK branded one, if people want to sell well on any site then they need to be competitive

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quite a few times I've had a look for car bits etc that I need and my experience has been the same.A very poor selection and what there is is way overpriced compared to elsewhere and is usually buried in the run till solds.
    After all this time we should be doing a lot better than this.

Forum Lurker
    View Triumph7's Feedback (+15)
    All-About Triumph7
    View Triumph7's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by baconsdozen View Post
    Quite a few times I've had a look for car bits etc that I need and my experience has been the same.A very poor selection and what there is is way overpriced compared to elsewhere and is usually buried in the run till solds.
    After all this time we should be doing a lot better than this.
    "way overpriced"

I hope you are not refering to my products. my products here are slightly cheaper than on the other side.
    And yet over there they are selling pretty well, thank you! Same on my website.

But on this site.......IT'S DEAD

Thread Information