Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ebid Car Parts Enquiries?

Forum Newbie
    All-About XenonsGlobal
    View XenonsGlobal's Listings
    Forum Posts

Isn't it common knowledge that if you have something for sale online, you want it to be as easy to finish the sale as possible? Something like 5 or less clicks from the search engine? Having to sign up an account just to ask a question or actually purchase an item requires much more than a few clicks and I would think is a big reason so many only have views rather than sales. Isn't it possible to set up ebid to accept emails through their messaging system, and reply to the sender without showing the seller their email? That way helping avoid off-site sales? Along with that, couldn't it be set up to allow someone to purchase an item without signing up, just following the checkout process in the auction, then offering them a chance to sign up AFTER the sale has been made? I think that it would turn views into sales well. eBid could then still track the site sales and bill you for any fees owed. I'm sure any buyers who end up here from a search engine to make a buy will sign up, if not after the first purchase, but likely the second see as they would probably start browsing the site itself. I think ebid needs to be more accessible for buyers who aren't signed up. At the very least for questions, but i think for sales too. I'm sure most of our potential customers that are giving us these views already have accounts on ebay. So seeing that they would have to sign up an account, and add their banking information might send them over to ebay to check for the same product, and even if it is a little more costly, they will buy it there out of convenience.

Default Re: Ebid Car Parts Enquiries?

Hi--I am new here and was just reading the forums...I am wondering since this forum ended on July 15th 2010...has it gotten any better on here for selling car parts and also on the potential buyers sign in process to view items? I have had several views however no questions or sales as of yet. The google search engine does pick the listings up fast thou.

I think the market needs to develop. In order to develop it needs to have committed sellers. We purchased the life time membership, good advertising. I think it is a great way to widen your web presence. It not not a direct replacement for "the big boy". More of a store hosting spot.

From what I have found this may be one of the reason for Google being slow. When your titles are in all caps (a preferred on some other site) Google doesn't like all caps - ebid converts it to make it Google friendly and in the process characters are placed before your title. I converted all of our titles to "Title Text" in word. Google picked them up right away.

Forum Lurker
    Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    View mira666's Feedback (+104)
    All-About mira666
    View mira666's Listings
    Forum Posts

it may make life easier if people can simply ask a question without having to register but it would need to be made clear that no transactions can be carried out outside of ebid, pose the question to gazza and see what he thinks
    Cameron aka Mira

Owner of Cyber Industry http://cyber-industry.ebid.net

Housemove Fund £24.20 - Target £1000.00

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by partspickers View Post
    Hi--I am new here and was just reading the forums...I am wondering since this forum ended on July 15th 2010...has it gotten any better on here for selling car parts and also on the potential buyers sign in process to view items? I have had several views however no questions or sales as of yet. The google search engine does pick the listings up fast thou.
    No idea on car parts specifically. However, for any area to improve then sellers need to make a commitment to provide the range of goods to attract the buyers.

If all sellers are going to sit and wait for someone else to do the ground work and then return to reap the benefits of other's efforts then nothing will improve.

Vehicles and car parts, which are relatively expensive items, are cheap to sell here. Whatever the end price it will cost you a maximum of $1.00 to sell if you use a Featured listing - as there are no FVFs with that.

Great Tip on the Featured Listing... Didn't know

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've listed a far number of car spares etc over the years.A total waste of time,never sold a thing.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baconsdozen View Post
    I've listed a far number of car spares etc over the years.A total waste of time,never sold a thing.
    What you doing wrong then? I've only ever listed one car part (for a P4 Rover). Sold it almost immediately.

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

What I think I did wrong was list them on here in the first place.After giving them an airing I put them on ebay and they all sold for more than I was asking here.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    If all sellers are going to sit and wait for someone else to do the ground work and then return to reap the benefits of other's efforts then nothing will improve.
    Very well said.
    And surely if people priced their car parts well and they get seen on Google, then sales should follow.

Thread Information