eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's allowed under ebid rules?

Forum Newbie
    All-About 12inchsoldier
    View 12inchsoldier's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question What's allowed under ebid rules?

I have read the listing on allowed material and it is also worded in a somewhat vague manner. I would like some consistant clarification unlike I get from another auction website.

I sell action figures on the web and through auctions. Specifially, most are German and in many cases have swastikas, Nazi symbols etc on them due to their historical accuracy. Are these allowed to be auctioned here?

Can I list an Adolf Hitler or Rudolf Hess action figure and not have it removed by eBid?

Thanks for any help.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Please email support@ebid.tv and ask for a ruling (you will get a prompt response from a real human, not just a copy & paste job). We've tried interpreting the listing rules ourselves in the past and either we all disagree, or ebid turns round and tells us we're wrong, so now I always suggest getting an official ruling on any item that causes doubt.

Please come back and let us know the answer; even if not giving definite answers it's nice to have an idea of what the current thinking is!

Forum Newbie
    All-About 12inchsoldier
    Forum Posts

Default No answer

I have written twice and have not gotten any reply.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 12inchsoldier View Post
    I have written twice and have not gotten any reply.
    Did you not receive an automated email with a ticket # soon after your emails? Check your junk mail to make sure it didn't end up there.

Maybe the support@ebid.tv didn't work - try support@ebid.net instead (I always use that one).

x

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would be both suprised and disappointed if the response was that such items could not be sold. The events, insignia and characters of WW2 are a matter of history and fact. Denying them is folly. You may just as well ban the flag of St George because of its connotations with the crusades.

Conversely, material designed to glorify or call for the resurgence of the ideals that these things represented would not be acceptable to me.

Forum Newbie
    View GameHQ's Feedback (+937)
    All-About GameHQ
    View GameHQ's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree with astral276, as long as these as just historical figures, I see no reason why they would be banned. I would take offense with a propaganda poster or something so I can see where it is a some what thin line.

Forum Newbie
    All-About 12inchsoldier
    Forum Posts

Still haven't gotten any reply from eBid. I understand some of these items may be "touchy" or borderline but these are historical items or depiction of them.

Anyone else have any idea how to get a reply form eBid regarding this. I want to join with a lifetime membership but I don'ty want to spend the money and then have them refusing my action figures. Thanks, Dale.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    I would be both suprised and disappointed if the response was that such items could not be sold. The events, insignia and characters of WW2 are a matter of history and fact. Denying them is folly. You may just as well ban the flag of St George because of its connotations with the crusades.

Conversely, material designed to glorify or call for the resurgence of the ideals that these things represented would not be acceptable to me.
    I agree, collectables such as toy, books, etc, are perfectly ok to sell. But I see lots of other collectables at our local auctions and I think just the excitement, etc over the flags, helmets, metals is a bit creepy. Clearly looks like admiration, not wanting to preserve history. I wish the auctions would ban that stuff I am sick of looking at it..

Since the prevailing wisdom is to "ask support" ... have you waited long enough to get a response yet? Do tell...

Quote Originally Posted by dandan66 View Post
    Since the prevailing wisdom is to "ask support" ... have you waited long enough to get a response yet? Do tell...
    Did you get a automatic reply and a number assigned to the question? You should get that in a few minutes of submitting the question to support. That is the reference you use when discussing it with ebid.

Thread Information