eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Postage

Forum Newbie
    View swift8019's Feedback (+149)
    All-About swift8019
    View swift8019's Listings
    Forum Posts

Lightbulb Postage

If im missing this please let me know but is there no way of creating postage discounts on multiple purchases if not can we please have some way added

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

No *automatic* way at present. There's a new version of the site due 1st week in January, and we don't know what will be included then, so watch this space.

Meanwhile, when you invoice you can select all outstanding items to be included, then put your total discount in.

Forum Newbie
    All-About swift8019
    Forum Posts

i look forward to seeing it I know discounts can be added retrospectively but this would more than probably stop the sale before it even started id want it there and then and to know what before i bought without having to go through messaging and waiting for a reply

Quote Originally Posted by swift8019 View Post
    i look forward to seeing it I know discounts can be added retrospectively but this would more than probably stop the sale before it even started id want it there and then and to know what before i bought without having to go through messaging and waiting for a reply
    I understand. If I have questions about a listing, I don't bother chasing the seller down and playing email tag, I just skip those items! If they can not bother to be clear, I can't be bothered to buy from them.

I like to see the specific info on discounts in listing and in banner too. I don't like to see "I give a discount". I want to see "if you buy two, you get 25% off shipping". That I understand, no surprises!

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't see how an automated discount calculator would work. You can't know what something is going to cost to ship until you know how many you are going to ship and what their total weight is and what space they will occupy.

It is even possible for the cost of shipping two items separately to be less than shipping them together as combining them in one package pushes them into a higher price band (e.g. Packet rather than Large Letter).

I offer combined postage where is makes economic sense. Rather than simply saying 10% off for combined postage I do pass back all the saving made by combining - I ship for what it costs.

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    I understand. If I have questions about a listing, I don't bother chasing the seller down and playing email tag, I just skip those items! If they can not bother to be clear, I can't be bothered to buy from them.

I like to see the specific info on discounts in listing and in banner too. I don't like to see "I give a discount". I want to see "if you buy two, you get 25% off shipping". That I understand, no surprises!
    I would never state how much discount I will give if someone buys more than one item. My discounts are based on the weight of the parcel so would vary depending on what was brought. Cards are light so up to 4 can go for the price of one but with books the weight and size can make a marked difference to the postage costs.
    Please Visit my Book Store:

Affordable books Books

Family Members:
    Gothicina

My Children:
    Honehe
    Niffnaff
    Tozcentral

Forum Newbie
    All-About swift8019
    Forum Posts

I agree some items can not automatically be offered discounts but some you can ie i have two stores im building up csgardens and jsfragrances now csgardens i can not offer automatic discounts and on a lot of the products such as fence panels, posts or sheds i need a postcode

but in my other store all the items are of a very similar size and weight so this can be worked out and could even go to a postage cap of say £6 by sending via a courier as how many orders of fragrance am i likely to recieve that would go over the weight and size restrictions of this type of delivery

I do the same as Astral - pass on any savings in combined postage to the customer (after rounding up to the nearest .50 or 1 to allow for packaging, etc.).
    But, as Delta says, it's nice to have an idea in advance of what the charge will be. The only way I have found around this is to put a table of *average* charges in nearly all my listings and ask the customer to wait for an invoice with the exact charge before paying.

Check out our bargain craft supplies, including embroidery and cross-stitch

Thread Information