eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Keep your fingers crossed PLEASE

Quote Originally Posted by vinorose View Post
    Thanks everyone.

I'm wondering if posting on the eBid Kitchen table helped as I was woken at 2am this morning by my OH to tell me Tetley had done a pooh! I get in at 5pm tonight to find another in the litter tray too!

I'm more optomistic than I was last night and I will give you another update after the vets on Wednesday.

Thank you again.
    So the little cutie is eating and,,,,, other stuff. Sounds like a recovery to me. See how dumb that vet was!!

Glasgow, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View ejean9's Feedback (+946)
    All-About ejean9
    View ejean9's Listings
    Forum Posts

awww..everything crossed for Tetley,, glad he seems to be on the mend..

View pique's Feedback (+134)
    All-About pique
    View pique's Listings
    Forum Posts

Great news - all the best from Tammy!
    Pique Antiques and Collectables for all kinds of interesting items - ceramics, books, programmes, first day covers, pictures etc etc
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Pique-Anti...d Collectables

Tammy's Emporium for all kinds of useful home, garden and leisure products.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Tammys-Emporium

Pique Beauty for skincare, fragrances, bodycare, tanning & Beauty at unbeatable prices
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Pique-Beauty

View Teddyrose54's Feedback (+158)
    All-About Teddyrose54
    View Teddyrose54's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just read this thread~ so happy that Tetley is recovering.

Cats are amazing at recovering from accidents.

Please let us know how she gets on.

sounds good - paws crossed
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Good on Tetley! I have the feeling she or he will be okay
    Caroline

Just click on the following link to see my auctions.
    http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/main.c...er&go=%A0Go%A0

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Tetley UPDATE

Tetley is a 'he' by the way.

From my point of view he's getting better. He's alert, eating well and using his litter tray. He's been out in the garden eyeing up the birds and there seems to be some movement in his little tail and his coat is glossy again.

The vets opinion is non-commital. He won't say he's getting better only "time will tell". He's concerned that if he has to amputate the rest of the tail it could cause problems with his rear end (going to the loo). When I said "he's not going to die thank goodness" he wouldn't agree with me. He wasn't very happy either when we told him we'd taken Tetley to the emergency vets on sunday.

We have to take him back on Saturday if we are concerned in any way. Other than that he's going for another check up next Tuesday.

It appears we still don't have the all clear so please, still keep your fingers crossed.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Sorry Tetley for calling you a she........ and what about Manx cats ..... they don't have tails and they poo. Think you should change your vet over time.

Just caught up with this one - I can see poor Tetley has been a worry to you - and to himself by the sounds of it. Glad to see he's on the mend. If he is back eating and doing toilet stuff, then there is hope. As far as anything else goes, then I'd just play it by ear. If there is slight signs of movement in his stubby tail, then time will tell on that one - but for my own personal view I wouldn't go rushing Tetley into any further operation until he has recovered / regained his strength from the past traumas - if that makes sense. By then, he could be ok and not need a further operation.

Not being a vet and not actually seeing Tetley it is difficult to judge and not knowing your vet - but, unless you have full confidence in him - use your own judgement. The vet will need your premission before they can do anything and you are Tetleys guardian. Please remember that vets are private practises and like all private concerns are usually ruled by profit. He could be just thinking of the £'s in the till. I'm lucky in that the vets I use are patient minded and are a long established firm

The vets non-commital could be that the last case similar to yours sadly didn't pull through and the vet could be saving you the grief / worry - it could also be that they've never had a case like him before. Unlikely, but a possibility. Lady (one of my dogs) is allergic to her standard issue vaccine - until she came along with her allergy our vets hadn't come accross it before.

Sorry - I'm rambling - our pets are our companions and we always want to do what's best for them - which sometimes means doing the unthinkable. Use your own judgement with Tetley - he himself will tell you when something is wrong and he needs 'help'.

Glad he's on the mend though and best wishes for whatever happens.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    Sorry Tetley for calling you a she........ and what about Manx cats ..... they don't have tails and they poo. Think you should change your vet over time.
    My thoughts exactly (where are our minds?). Not every cat has a long tail, the Manx, the Japanese bobtail, etc. MAYBE if they are born without they have a genetic strength to compensate for better balance, stronger legs? Balance when jumping probably does depend on some tail action?

Some vets are not people, or sadly animal oriented, which may be why the answers he is giving are so poor. Focus has to be on Tetley, not what the vet thinks. The animal comes first and seems to me that that has been the owner's focus since the accident happened. Just as it should be. Too bad the vet isn't on the same page.

Thread Information