Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: sales & hits

Forum Newbie
    View ramjet1219's Feedback (+25)
    All-About ramjet1219
    View ramjet1219's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default sales & hits

As a relativley new newbie I was delighted on joining in October 09 when I began listing and got two sales very quickly. As my listings increased through November I had another 5 which wasnt too bad. I did some serious listing and have reached 2934 and growing but since late november until now have had no sales. Im a bit confused . Could it be possible that my site is shut down? I am a refugee from another esales site due to big fees increase & think ebid is great but am somewhat concerned.
    Also I cant understand how some of my listings (and from experience, not our most popular) can suddenly have 37 hits and all the ones around 0!? Could this be a malfunction? It would be expected that the 37 hits would generate some sort of spillover browsing on nearby items.
    Can someone throw a couple of wise words my way? any ideas or comments welcome. Maybe there is a switch I inadvertently turned off.....?
    Thanks for your help
    Ramjet1219

Your site is not shut down- all three shops are full of lovely items!!!
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Rotherham, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View PATRIOT73's Feedback (+173)
    All-About PATRIOT73
    View PATRIOT73's Listings
    Forum Posts

"WALKING IS DEFINITELY OVERRATED"

Quote Originally Posted by PATRIOT73 View Post
    well and how tickled are you Mr?????
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Cats put your glasses on I can see six stores !

Ramjet I wouldn't worry too much. I had a good month in October but then it went really quiet in November and only started picking up again for me half way through December as I don't sell the typical Christmas gift type items. I had my first sale of 2010 today !

You need to do some work to get yourself known on eBid as it's a smaller site then the other side. Have you started letting some of your old cistomers know you have moved ? Also have a look at the promote eBid and your eBid shop forum there are a lot of good ideas up there.

Looking at your adverts something that would put me off (being in England) is that there are no postage prices stated. If I was buying from Australia I would probably want to buy a few items at a time to make the postage worthwhile and I wouldn't want to keep asking you what the postage is all the time. Just my own opinion.

Just editing to say that I also noticed that you are using 'run until sold' on nearly everything. There are a lot of books on eBid and using 'run until sold' will be holding your items at the bottom of the book lists. Much better to use the automatic repost system and put in a certain number of days to run so your books will rise to the top of the lists.
    Last edited by cornishmaid1961; 2nd January 2010 at 10:35 PM.

Forum Newbie
    All-About ramjet1219
    Forum Posts

Tku. for taking the time and for your comments. I wasnt sure if my auctions would be visible out of Australia. Also I didnt think the books I sell would be a viable proposition for other countries due to the postage...its bad enough here in Australia. Its hard to list a 5 dollar book and advise that postage is probably 15 dollars. What do you think.
    Thanks for the suggestion re: reposting I will deal with that asap. Also I intend to send one short email to all who have purchased from us over the last 5 years to let them know where we are. Would you include a link to one of the shops ?

Forum Newbie
    All-About ramjet1219
    Forum Posts

thank you

6 stores you say?
    Sorry - the cat was out in the snow and yelling at the window and youngest daughter was on phone - glasses missing as usual - anyway I checked enough to see that the goodies were there - I am helpful in my own way - honest
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Quote Originally Posted by ramjet1219 View Post
    Tku. for taking the time and for your comments. I wasnt sure if my auctions would be visible out of Australia. Also I didnt think the books I sell would be a viable proposition for other countries due to the postage...its bad enough here in Australia. Its hard to list a 5 dollar book and advise that postage is probably 15 dollars. What do you think.
    Thanks for the suggestion re: reposting I will deal with that asap. Also I intend to send one short email to all who have purchased from us over the last 5 years to let them know where we are. Would you include a link to one of the shops ?
    If I contact an old customer that I have had a good repore with I include my buddy point link. That way you might get a few extra points if they join up !
    I always attach my email to the old paypal invoice and address my customer by name, that way they know it is coming from me and not directly from eBid .

I would keep all options open re the overseas selling you never know your luck ! If you have a book that is out of print or difficult to get then someone might be willing to pay the postage.

Quote Originally Posted by CarnoustieCats View Post
    6 stores you say?
    Sorry - the cat was out in the snow and yelling at the window and youngest daughter was on phone - glasses missing as usual - anyway I checked enough to see that the goodies were there - I am helpful in my own way - honest
    Come on Private Cats I expect you to multi-task more then that !

View harold69's Feedback (+369)
    All-About harold69
    View harold69's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post

Come on Private Cats I expect you to multi-task more then that !
    Sure didn't take the Sgt. Maj. very long to get on some poor Pvt, case did it, and a whole year to go.

Thread Information