My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oh Oh Another nr fatal stabbing nr us

Its not the country my dad faught for anymore.

Reincarnation is just another repeat

Forum Diehard
    View islandbuckman's Feedback (+192)
    All-About islandbuckman
    View islandbuckman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rednosty View Post
    London is terrible all the Kids carry knives (Apparently) there is a lot of gang culture. Other cities are just as bad. When you have for example a buglar rob your house and your NOT allowed to Chase him or touch him but IF he attacked you you can only defend your self with a resonable amount of force (What that means no one knows) then you will get this.

BTW its about 15 MURDERS Not just stabbings!!
    If someone broke into my home I would come at him with whatever I could get my hands on and beat the crap out of him. Then I would put a knife in his hand and say it was self defense! But then again I do have many years of Karate under my black belt!

Its quiet where I am red and there's a house up for sale if your interested
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

The latest crime committed here is that a dog did its business on the footpath.

I would have its owner hanged if it was up to me.

My daughter witnessed a fatal stabbing directly outside her house a few months back.
    She agreed to go to court as a witness - that was last month.
    Several had witnessed the whole thing.

Guy had been walking down her road - car stopped - 3 guys jumped out, and one of them stabbed the guy several times. He died within a few hours.

The guy got off the murder charge - on a technicality.

Doesnt seem to matter how many witness something happening.

Quote Originally Posted by islandbuckman View Post
    I seem to read a lot about crime in the UK here on the forums. Is it like that all over or are you folks just lucky enough to live in a crime ridden area? I thought that there were all kinds of cameras all over in the big cities there. I have seen shows on TV that talk about crime in London and they showed that there were hundreds and hundreds of cameras, almost on every street corner there. Does that not deter crime in the area? There are certain areas in Canada that have a lot of violent crime but it is confined mostly to areas in larger cities like Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver. I am not saying there isn`t crime everywhere in Canada but 15 stabbings in 2 years within a half mile of your home? Are you in a large city? I live on the east coast of Canada and if there is some sort of vicious crime anywhere within 600 miles, the papers and the local news are all over it. And I mean every vicious crime. In this part of the country we might get a stabbing or shooting once every 2 to 3 months and that is in an area the size of about 1/3 the size of England. And 99% of the time they get the assailant. Makes me happy that I live here and not there!!
    My question exactly. I thought serial killer? Milwaukee and suburbs have almost one million people and I don't think any area has had that many killings.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by islandbuckman View Post
    I thought that there were all kinds of cameras all over in the big cities there. I have seen shows on TV that talk about crime in London and they showed that there were hundreds and hundreds of cameras, almost on every street corner there. Does that not deter crime in the area?
    The only thing that deters crime is the certainty of being caught and punished.

I'm afraid that in the UK the chances of being caught are low as the police only really pursue major crime and the chances of receiving appropriate punishment from the courts (should the case even get there) are even lower than being caught.

Our legal system has evolved to put the interests of the criminal above those of the victim and society. The courts also receive political pressure not to use imprisonment as it is too costly. They would rather criminals were put back on the street and told not to be naughty rather then remove them from doing more harm.

So CCTV cameras either move crime to an area not covered by their surveillance or the criminals don't care if they are caught on them or not for the reasons above.

Children now grow up in the knowledge that the law cannot touch them. So, those of that mindset, create bigger and bigger criminal activites to push the boundary (as children do) until by such time the law can attempt to set limits they are beyond control.

There are also too many parents nowadays that cannot or will not control their children and teach then right from wrong. These parents are from the generation that were themselves set no boundaries by their parents. A casualty of the bleeding heart brigade and a evil genii that is likely impossible to put back in the bottle.

Forum Lurker
    View Triumph7's Feedback (+15)
    All-About Triumph7
    View Triumph7's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    The only thing that deters crime is the certainty of being caught and punished.

I'm afraid that in the UK the chances of being caught are low as the police only really pursue major crime and the chances of receiving appropriate punishment from the courts (should the case even get there) are even lower than being caught.

Our legal system has evolved to put the interests of the criminal above those of the victim and society. The courts also receive political pressure not to use imprisonment as it is too costly. They would rather criminals were put back on the street and told not to be naughty rather then remove them from doing more harm.

So CCTV cameras either move crime to an area not covered by their surveillance or the criminals don't care if they are caught on them or not for the reasons above.

Children now grow up in the knowledge that the law cannot touch them. So, those of that mindset, create bigger and bigger criminal activites to push the boundary (as children do) until by such time the law can attempt to set limits they are beyond control.

There are also too many parents nowadays that cannot or will not control their children and teach then right from wrong. These parents are from the generation that were themselves set no boundaries by their parents. A casualty of the bleeding heart brigade and a evil genii that is likely impossible to put back in the bottle.
    THE ABOVE STATEMENT COULD NOT HAVE SUMMED IT UP BETTER!!!!

It's a pity that we can't find a desolate island somewhere to put the offenders on, and let them fight it out between themselves.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Triumph7 View Post
    It's a pity that we can't find a desolate island somewhere to put the offenders on, and let them fight it out between themselves.
    We did. It is called Australia. Maybe time for a forced repatriation so we can start filling it up again.

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    We did. It is called Australia. Maybe time for a forced repatriation so we can start filling it up again.

Nah Aussie is a nice country lets just fill up somewhere like Poland! As it must be near empty of people by now!

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

Thread Information