eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Compulsory Paypal ? .............

I once took 3 books of Green Shield stamps in payment for something.

I sold them at a profit at an antiques fair!
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CarnoustieCats View Post
    .. she certainly does not share her choklitt!!!

That is very true....

I haven't found a way of adding chocolate bars to my tax form though...so have to write them in as cash.

My customer saves a bit too as I charge her a bar of chocolate for each pound she spends and they are selling twinpacks of cadbury's dairy milk for £1.75 in Iceland

Forum Newbie
    All-About bideebid
    View bideebid's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by icisicgm View Post
    Hi all, new to Ebid but old hand on eBay, is Paypal compulsory over here as eBay, or can I stipulate cheque payment for higher value items to avoid Paypal fees/risk of buyer fraud on chargebacks etc.
    TIA
    PayPal is NOT compulsory on eBay, much as eBay/PayPal might like to have it that way. In my opinion, eBay should not be pushing PayPal in the way they do, though I'm hard pushed to find a listing on here where it doesn't say "PayPal Accepted". High time the near enforcement of payment methods was stopped.

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bideebid View Post
    PayPal is NOT compulsory on eBay, much as eBay/PayPal might like to have it that way. In my opinion, eBay should not be pushing PayPal in the way they do, though I'm hard pushed to find a listing on here where it doesn't say "PayPal Accepted". High time the near enforcement of payment methods was stopped.
    With regards Greedbay,On most stuff poopal is in effect compulsory.If someone offers poopal you have to accept it and you can't list saying "Paypal not accepted".
    Refreshingly as others have pointed out,on Ebid you can do pretty much as you like.

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

To clarify the fleeceBay / PooPal situation

If you are a North American resident, you can offer alternative payments - ProPay, PayMate, MoneyBookers for example. However, all of those online alternatives, in North America, are special subsidiaries available only to residents of the USA.
    If you are not a US resident, then you are restricted to PooPal or regular Merchant Services for credit and debit card acceptance. For the majority of small, non-US-resident, sellers, that effectively makes fleeceBay a PayPoo-only site .... but as it only impacts foreigners, then there is no hue and cry about it - on eBay US or in any level of US government.

On fleeceBay UK and most (if not all) of the EC sites, they have a long list of permitted payment methods - NoChex and MoneyBookers are allowed, surprisingly, so is ppPay. I say surprisingly because Google Checkout and Amazon Payments (far larger outfits with far larger cash reserves and bonded guarantees) are not allowed. Additionally, due to the reaction of the banking industry over a couple of "accidental" changes to fleeceBay's accepted payments policy, cheques and postal orders are also allowed. In several EC countries, cash cannot be banned, by law.

Downunder, and elsewhere on fleecebay, pretty much anything (except Google and Amazon) is allowed - except in Malaysia where PayPoo is (or was a year ago) banned from the eBay site. It might have been allowed back in now (haven't checked), but Sharia Law or something similar (Malaysia is Muslim) had some involvement in it.

eBid having open and worldwide standards for payment methods is one of the great things about this site - you don't need to juggle terms of sale to match the eBay policies of different territories. What's good on one site on eBid, is good on them all.

And if your preferred payment method is chocolate .... can I be your banking depository please?

View banrigh's Feedback (+2949)
    All-About banrigh
    View banrigh's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazlannathai View Post
    To clarify the fleeceBay / PooPal situation

If you are a North American resident, you can offer alternative payments - ProPay, PayMate, MoneyBookers for example. However, all of those online alternatives, in North America, are special subsidiaries available only to residents of the USA.
    If you are not a US resident, then you are restricted to PooPal or regular Merchant Services for credit and debit card acceptance. For the majority of small, non-US-resident, sellers, that effectively makes fleeceBay a PayPoo-only site .... but as it only impacts foreigners, then there is no hue and cry about it - on eBay US or in any level of US government.

On fleeceBay UK and most (if not all) of the EC sites, they have a long list of permitted payment methods - NoChex and MoneyBookers are allowed, surprisingly, so is ppPay. I say surprisingly because Google Checkout and Amazon Payments (far larger outfits with far larger cash reserves and bonded guarantees) are not allowed. Additionally, due to the reaction of the banking industry over a couple of "accidental" changes to fleeceBay's accepted payments policy, cheques and postal orders are also allowed. In several EC countries, cash cannot be banned, by law.

Downunder, and elsewhere on fleecebay, pretty much anything (except Google and Amazon) is allowed - except in Malaysia where PayPoo is (or was a year ago) banned from the eBay site. It might have been allowed back in now (haven't checked), but Sharia Law or something similar (Malaysia is Muslim) had some involvement in it.

eBid having open and worldwide standards for payment methods is one of the great things about this site - you don't need to juggle terms of sale to match the eBay policies of different territories. What's good on one site on eBid, is good on them all.

And if your preferred payment method is chocolate .... can I be your banking depository please?

Google Checkout is accepted in the US. Not sure about the others you listed for use on eBid.

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by banrigh View Post
    Google Checkout is accepted in the US. Not sure about the others you listed for use on eBid.

Please go back and read my post again - I wasn't talking about eBid in my reply to an earlier poster's statement, except in the last paragraph.

Quote Originally Posted by bideebid View Post

Of course not, but feebay owns PP and it was not hard for them to 'ban" other methods of payment.

Fortunately or unfortunately, PP is one of the reasons that feebay continues to make a profit. Feebay itself has had some bad quarters but PP is doing well as it has branched out to many other venues. Only on feebay does PP have such tight restrictions.

Thread Information