View Teddyrose54's Feedback (+158)
    All-About Teddyrose54
    View Teddyrose54's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hypn0t0ad View Post
    Is that likely to happen?

In your own words...

Why is that?

Could it be the USA is a land of opportunity and Mexico (largely) isn't?

Is the lottery of birth enough to condemn or reward an individual for the rest of their life?

It wasn't that long ago America (or at least an American icon) stood for something different:
    THAT deserves a round of applause~~well said!

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iwiw60 View Post
    Let me see if I got this right...

If you cross the North Korean border illegally you get 12 years hard labor.

If you cross the Iranian border illegally you are detained indefinitely.

If you cross the Afghan border illegally, you get shot.

If you cross the Saudi-Arabian border illegally you will be jailed.

If you cross the Chinese border illegally you may never be heard from again.

If you cross the Venezuelan border illegally you will be branded a spy and your fate will be sealed.

If you cross the Cuban border illegally you will be thrown into political prison to rot.

If you cross the United States border illegally you get:

A JOB,
    A DRIVERS LICENSE,
    SOCIAL SECURITY CARD,
    WELFARE,
    FOOD STAMPS,
    CREDIT CARDS,
    SUBSIDIZED RENT OR A LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE,
    FREE EDUCATION,
    FREE HEALTH CARE,
    A LOBBYIST IN WASHINGTON
    BILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF PUBLIC DOCUMENTS PRINTED IN YOUR LANGUAGE
    THE RIGHT TO CARRY YOUR COUNTRY'S FLAG WHILE YOU PROTEST THAT YOU DON'T GET ENOUGH RESPECT
    AND, IN MANY INSTANCES, YOU CAN VOTE.

I just wanted to make sure I had a firm grasp on the situation.

Yep...only in America! My country is going to Hell in a handbasket...just tired of the mess....

Off my soapbox...

Darn it! That's where I went wrong in the States - I wasn't illegal!
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

The key word is "ILLEGAL". My grandparents were immigrants who came here to make a better life, but they did it LEGALLY. They told us about everything they had to do to be allowed in, including learning to speak, read and write in English. They worked very hard, all their lives, to succeed. They never asked for anything from the government except the 40 acres of land they got from the Homestead Act. That land was not a gift, they had to earn it.

I have absolutely no complaints about LEGAL immigrants.

Unfortunately, everything in the original post is true. Illegal immigrants get services that native-born and LEGAL immigrants do not get. They parade their flag and sing the national hymn of their native country, in our streets, while demanding more rights. The services they demand (such as documents in their language) are contributing to the huge deficits of our state and federal governments.

I do have some complaints about ILLEGAL immigrants.

Why do people choose to ignore that word? It means they are being rewarded for breaking the law.

One for the legal US citizens - Do you think the Tea Parties will become the 'third' party? - it seems the US citizens have had enough and seem to be against bigger Government whatever party is in power. Having reached 60 I would be worried about MediCare/MedicAid.
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    The key word is "ILLEGAL". My grandparents were immigrants who came here to make a better life, but they did it LEGALLY. They told us about everything they had to do to be allowed in, including learning to speak, read and write in English. They worked very hard, all their lives, to succeed. They never asked for anything from the government except the 40 acres of land they got from the Homestead Act. That land was not a gift, they had to earn it.

I have absolutely no complaints about LEGAL immigrants.

Unfortunately, everything in the original post is true. Illegal immigrants get services that native-born and LEGAL immigrants do not get. They parade their flag and sing the national hymn of their native country, in our streets, while demanding more rights. The services they demand (such as documents in their language) are contributing to the huge deficits of our state and federal governments.

I do have some complaints about ILLEGAL immigrants.

Why do people choose to ignore that word? It means they are being rewarded for breaking the law.
    I totally see where you are coming from.

During my lifetime I have met many LEGAL immigrants. They went about things just as you described..the way your grandparents did.

What we have had recently, here in the UK, have been waves of illegal immigrants who purposely avoided stopping off at any one of about 20 safe ports along the way.

Then when they arrive here they use our legislation and our tradition of welcoming people against us.

They have more freedoms than native born people and don't make any effort to integrate and get to appreciate our country.

Quote Originally Posted by CarnoustieCats View Post
    One for the legal US citizens - Do you think the Tea Parties will become the 'third' party? - it seems the US citizens have had enough and seem to be against bigger Government whatever party is in power. Having reached 60 I would be worried about MediCare/MedicAid.
    I would love to see a third party take over, and there have been some attempts . . . but unfortunately they never get enough support to overcome the machinary the two big parties have in place.

Thomas Jefferson thought a revolution was necessary every hundred years or so to get rid of the deadwood and corruption that he thought would inevitably creep into the government. If he was right, we're way overdue.

MediCare and MediCaid will not go under while the Democrats and Republicans are still being elected. The insurance companies have a vested interest in keeping them going (more income because more people are covered by insurance), and big business owns both parties.

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iwiw60 View Post
    Almost makes me wonder if a mass influx of say 1 million US citizens crossed over the border into Mexico, would they feed us, house us, give us money and healthcare...I don't theeeeenk so!
    Well it's gonna happen one day - When Yellowstone blows it's top!
    What goes around comes around! (eventually give or take a million years.)

I quite agree with the difference between legal and illegal immigrants. I migrated to Britain, just from France, and I have work all the time since I have been here, never asked for a penny from the state, paid my taxes and so on and I am pretty gutted when someone gets money for nothing. To help refuges who have run away to save their life, I agree, but they should be asked to pay back when they are working. As for the others, well I cannot blame them for wanting a better life for themselves. Why should we have it all and they should just look at us in envy? But the problem is not really with the illegal immigrants, it is with our countries who cannot see how unfair it is to help these people more than the ones who have already contributed to the country.
    This is valid for the UK, the US based on what I can see here, for France (it is the same too there I can assure you) and probably any other rich Western Country.
    It is our useless governments who are to blame. And the thing is, no matter how much you change them, nothing really changes at all!!
    As for translating everything into everybody else languages, as I always say: I learned to speak English, so can they!
    Caroline

Just click on the following link to see my auctions.
    http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/main.c...er&go=%A0Go%A0

View earthangel's Feedback (+29)
    All-About earthangel
    View earthangel's Listings
    Forum Posts

Indeed, nothing changes no matter who is occupying the supposed seat of power. Nothing will change as long as people continue to support the corrupt system by taking part in it. That is, by voting in what are obviously rigged "elections". Don't take part. Withhold your vote. If enough people did this, the election would have to be declared null and void.
    Please visit my eBid stores
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Elandale
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Chapter-One-Collectables

"Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy" - Henry Kissinger

View earthangel's Feedback (+29)
    All-About earthangel
    View earthangel's Listings
    Forum Posts

On a somewhat smaller but equally telling scale ... here's what happens in our "free" society ...
    http://www.naturalnews.com/028006_Sh...ote_fraud.html
    Please visit my eBid stores
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Elandale
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Chapter-One-Collectables

"Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy" - Henry Kissinger

Thread Information