Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Importing ebay listings...

Forum Newbie
    All-About BlackandRead
    View BlackandRead's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Importing ebay listings...

Hi there,

I just signed up for ebid and am wondering about importing my ebay listings. From everything I have found so far it looks like there is not a tool to do this... but how come in ebid's advertisement for seller+ (on the left side of the home page) it says:

"Zero Listing Fees * Zero Final Value Fees * 5 Free Photos * 5 Free eBid Stores * Uploads to Google Shopping * Import from eBay * Unlimited Listings * For Life"

Anyone else see that "import from ebay" line there? Seems a bit misleading if there is not an actual way to do that.

Any help or info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

The tool was supposed to be here last weekend but hit a glitch (not for the first time) but is now forecast to arrive in the next couple of days.

I agree though that they should not have put that up until it was actually in place.

Forum Newbie
    All-About BlackandRead
    View BlackandRead's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you very much. It is nice to know that there is theoretically something coming soon. A lot of the older posts referenced a "ninja tool" that seemed to have taken 2 years to never actually arrive.

Does this new tool have a name? Or do you have a link to where it is discussed? Just so I can keep tabs on it.

-Adria

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlackandRead View Post
    Does this new tool have a name? Or do you have a link to where it is discussed? Just so I can keep tabs on it.
    Still the Ninja Lister - a brief history here: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/astral....icks.htm#a0037)

I suspect that when it does put in an appearance you will not fail to notice.

View lufu888's Feedback (+761)
    All-About lufu888
    View lufu888's Listings
    Forum Posts

I too was attracted by the "import from ebay" claim on the front page - hope it's coming soon. It would really help a lot for those who shifted from feebay.
    Find your favorite hankies, gloves and scarves from VVFashion

$1.99 only for combined shipping within US, visit store for more details

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

I can't see it being a one click import. There are fields and options in listings on eBid that do not exist on eBay (and vicky verky), categories are not the same, listing types are not the same, and a host of other stuff. So while the import function may take the grunt out of transferring eBay listings there will still be some work to do. How much depends on how clever the software is.

Froncysyllte Llangollen, Wrexham, United Kingdom
    View tjsprinting's Feedback (+433)
    All-About tjsprinting
    View tjsprinting's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    I can't see it being a one click import. There are fields and options in listings on eBid that do not exist on eBay (and vicky verky), categories are not the same, listing types are not the same, and a host of other stuff. So while the import function may take the grunt out of transferring eBay listings there will still be some work to do. How much depends on how clever the software is.
    yes it will be interesting to see how it would get around the multi listings, where options are available.

Made to measure internal and external softwood doors and gates.
    Visit our ebid store to see a wide range of ledge and brace, cottage, stable and garage doors along with a selection of single and paired gates. Just click on the banner above

You can actually import from FleEbay right now, if you have turbolister, as Turbolister allows you to *export* your data to a .csv file (excel spreadsheet) which you can then edit (if you dont wanna pay for MS product, get OpenOffice.org - its free, supported software) - download turbolister, sync up with your sneezebay listings to fetch your data, export to csv, edit and adjust to meet ebid format and categories (yeah it isnt a one-click thing, but rather easy once you get familiar with your spreadsheet software) and upload via Bulk Upload facility at ebid (of course, images will have to be hosted somewhere such as photobucket, however.. but then - thats no big deal either, really - they make it easy to upload bulk images..)

In any case- you can, indeed import your listings to ebid from fleece-ya-bay , as well as several other sites where you can export a csv copy of your listings .. it just takes little work and effort - Ive seen several sites that will connect to gimme-your-wallet-bay and import your listings to your account on their site, but none of them were able to do it in such a way that you did not have to go and do a *ton* of editing (broken images, broken html, links pointing to wheezebay stuff, and more..)

any sort of move or import of listings really is, quite simply, gonna be some work, in any case..
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

We are frustrated that the ninja lister is not available yet. We are currently developing a tool to convert your turbo lister / blackthorn pro export to eBid's format so that you can use the bulk up-loader. Tentative release date is March first. In a week or 2 we will be looking for beta testers.
    www.omnilister.com.
    Last edited by townsquaregiftshop; 5th February 2010 at 04:56 AM.

Home & Garden Decor|Unique Gifts

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by townsquaregiftshop View Post
    We are frustrated that the ninja lister is not available yet. We are currently developing a tool to convert your turbo lister / blackthorn pro export to Ebid's format so that you can use the bulk up-loader. Tentative release date is March first. In a week or 2 we will be looking for beta testers.
    www.omnilister.com.
    Good luck with that, it'll be interesting to see when it's done.

Can I suggest that you get eBid's name, upper/lower case usage, and URL right before you launch?

Thread Information