Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Ninja Lister Bug List

Quote Originally Posted by shoequeen View Post
    I have tried this in exactly that format but nl gives me error message: this is not a file format we are able to import. try changing csv files to txt and get the same thing. fowarding a file in txt format as you can't attach a csv file.

any help appreciated, cheers SQ
    Well I tried this and it worked fine for me on the two live ebay auctions that were exported in Turbo Lister. The images source shows as in C:/My Documents... but not where I actually loaded them from, neither where they ended up on the ebay web.

As for reusing all my unsold listings redently closed, (probably because of no activity in the 180 days live!) the only issues I had come across while picking pairs to edit and reupload, Error = "You can only use images that you have uploaded yourself." So importing closed auctions its trying to use the original location within ebid for the image, and cant find it, hence a manual reinsert from the PC, then the uploads worked fine.

When closing down Ninja, most times it will lose all data and I have had to reimport everything again. Using 0.95.7 and today importing those two ebay listings as a test its let me add them as my third auction set.

Another problem Ive found, is when I want to open a listing to edit, right click or double click on the line sometimes opens the data all BUT the actual text box or html under source, and therefore theres nothing but a nonbreakingspace under the source.

With listings in 'good to go' status, it seems it wants to upload all, but if its already uploaded say 1 of 2 with one of them failed, it will upload both. Id rather move it to another folder and edit later, but no drag and
    drop so its more complicated than it needs to be. Status does not update either,, would it not be great if Ninja actually updated the status and moved or let me move the uploaded into a different folder.

Last point, in the payments options, there is two referring to BACS (for the UK), only one allows to be ticked on/off. Bank Transfer but not BACS/EFT.
    I use Firefox, with XP.
    Dinnages Publishing
    A family team, Established 1989 for Transport collectables.
    Photographs - Postcards - Books - Enamel Pin Badges - Ceramic Mugs
    Most items are more often exclusive to us.

Join us on eBid

Quote Originally Posted by dinnages View Post
    Well I tried this and it worked fine for me on the two live ebay auctions that were exported in Turbo Lister. The images source shows as in C:/My Documents... but not where I actually loaded them from, neither where they ended up on the ebay web.
    Because Turbolister "snapshots" or "resizes" the images when creating the listing, and then stores those images local to its own data folders..

When closing down Ninja, most times it will lose all data and I have had to reimport everything again. Using 0.95.7 and today importing those two ebay listings as a test its let me add them as my third auction set.
    Try and make sure that you are running Ninjalister under the same user privileges that installed it.. otherwise, you'll need to use Administrator privileges to set the ninjalister folder to allow other users to write files into it (NinjaLister loads a data.csv file , which is then edited, when you exit it, it tries to save the file, but if it cannot due to permissions, you will lose all of your work)
    Another problem Ive found, is when I want to open a listing to edit, right click or double click on the line sometimes opens the data all BUT the actual text box or html under source, and therefore theres nothing but a nonbreakingspace under the source.
    Probably have a tab somewhere within the description .. Ive noticed tabs and linebreaks will cause this .. (long store short- I wrote some software for my web store to export listings to be Ninja-Ready document.. I had to edit my listing template into a inline html page - removing all newlines and tabs in the html source, before it would import properly)

With listings in 'good to go' status, it seems it wants to upload all, but if its already uploaded say 1 of 2 with one of them failed, it will upload both. Id rather move it to another folder and edit later, but no drag and
    drop so its more complicated than it needs to be. Status does not update either,, would it not be great if Ninja actually updated the status and moved or let me move the uploaded into a different folder.
    My Solution:
    Step 1: upload listings
    Step 2: check My Bulk Upload (while waiting for results to show up, work on other listings)
    Step 3a: if all listings are uploaded OK, go to NL, multiselect/highlight the gtg tagged listings , right click, copy
    Step 3b: if there's errors, I select just the listings that have uploaded and launched properly, and copy just those ones..
    Step 4: Go to "add Auction Set" create and rename a new set called "Completed listings" (if there isnt one)
    Step 5: go to that set, right click, paste , your listings are moved there..
    Step 6: go back to original folder , make sure finished those listings are selected, and hit del key , removing them, and from the gtg bucket at the same time..

In the case where there were launch errors, I'll just fix the errors, upload just those corrections, and rinse,repeat the above steps. It's not as complicated as it sounds once you've done it a couple times.. LOL

Last point, in the payments options, there is two referring to BACS (for the UK), only one allows to be ticked on/off. Bank Transfer but not BACS/EFT.
    I use Firefox, with XP.
    havent tried those payment options - wouldnt have any answer for ya here.. However, I doubt that browser makes any difference to Ninja .. (and I use the same- Firefox and WinXP )
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Many thanks for your speedy comments and guides, Brian?
    Quote Originally Posted by Idealproductsales View Post
    Because Turbolister "snapshots" or "resizes" the images when creating the listing, and then stores those images local to its own data folders..
    The difference I noted was ebay listings image file showed as My Documents whereas Ninja shows file locations as ebid, although not actually still there after they were closed.

Try and make sure that you are running Ninjalister under the same user privileges that installed it.. otherwise, you'll need to use Administrator privileges to set the ninjalister folder to allow other users to write files into it (NinjaLister loads a data.csv file , which is then edited, when you exit it, it tries to save the file, but if it cannot due to permissions, you will lose all of your work)
    Must be another problem, this PC is just for me, no other login, and Im admin, never log off unless it needs a reboot for any updates.

Probably have a tab somewhere within the description ..
    A very good point, often in my shopping cart adding bits in the source html will mess up the layout in web edit layout therefore similar.

My Solution:
    Step 3a: if all listings are uploaded OK, go to NL, multiselect/highlight the gtg tagged listings , right click, copy
    Step 3b: if there's errors, I select just the listings that have uploaded and launched properly, and copy just those ones..
    Step 4: Go to "add Auction Set" create and rename a new set called "Completed listings" (if there isnt one)
    I found the copy paste had not worked, or at least not every time. Its almost like Ninja is working like one of those slow online editors than actually within the PC. Okay its online connected but thats not the same as editing through the internet. Maybe its just my end.

As for payments, I offer all I can, the few at ebay, any I have done/current at ebid, and my online store, rather than just using paypal. Given choices, I find users choose paypal/nochex/googlecheckout/bacs/cheque in that order. Rarely any use Moneybookers/PPay. Not fussed what they use, so like to tick them.
    Dinnages Publishing

Join us on eBid

Forum Newbie
    View Bigdigs's Feedback (+8)
    All-About Bigdigs
    View Bigdigs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Lister loses listings

Does anyone know why my last 20 listings (extensive typing of descripotions) on the NL dissapeared? They were all saved individually and listed. I closed the lister and when I reopened the lister the last 20 listings dissapeared! Essentially all the listings added to the 1st list after uploading the first 21 listings the day before. Should I have started a new list each day? How many listings can you have on each list? After sending some to upload (they did fine) can you then add more to the same list or have to start list 2? I can find NO INSTRUCTIONS for Ninja Lister!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdigs View Post
    Does anyone know why my last 20 listings (extensive typing of descripotions) on the NL dissapeared? They were all saved individually and listed. I closed the lister and when I reopened the lister the last 20 listings dissapeared! Essentially all the listings added to the 1st list after uploading the first 21 listings the day before. Should I have started a new list each day? How many listings can you have on each list? After sending some to upload (they did fine) can you then add more to the same list or have to start list 2?
    Sounds like there may still be a bug. - Typically the listings should all save when ninjalister is closed out, but there may be cases (such as permissions or privileges issues) that may cause it to be unable to write the data file.

Also, Ive noticed myself that if Ninjalister is closed by any means *other* than clicking the X in top right corner (the close button) it often will NOT save any prior work (twice , it "hung up" and sort of crashed, due to me trying to do some unorthodox imports - so I wrote it off to my testing.. and a third time when I lost power (this computer isnt on a UPS ) ..

I can find NO INSTRUCTIONS for Ninja Lister!
    There aren't any.

NinjaLister is still in *beta* testing (it's only been out for a few weeks, and development and testing is still ongoing) - Currently the only documentation on how to use Ninjalister is contained within the forums at this time..

if it is mission-critical that your work be saved and that you don't lose data, I'd advise doing your listings using the Bulk Upload spreadsheet until such time as Ninjalister is developed out to where it has backup utility and "save" or "export" utilities...

Or, you can do all your typing in a text editor , save your data in that, and then you can just copy/paste your data to Ninjalister just before doing uploads..
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Anyone else having problems with their uploads through NinjaLister?

Up until Sunday the 21st I had successfully uploaded several items with no problems other than the international shipping options being incomplete...apparently this is still being worked on.

Since then I have tried to upload several items. I get a NL message that the upload was successful, however I don't receive a confirmation email from Ebid and the items never show up in my shop or bulk uploads list.

I've notified support but still haven't heard anything back.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwood View Post
    Anyone else having problems with their uploads through NinjaLister?
    First off I confess I never use the NL. So you may get more informed responses.

The fact that the file uploads successfully doesn't mean it processed successfully. The message means exactly what it says - it uploaded successfully (i.e. the file arrived at eBid).

Any reason for failure to process, I understand, will be found on your My Bulk Upload page. Not sure where...maybe under Status.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Any reason for failure to process, I understand, will be found on your My Bulk Upload page. Not sure where...maybe under Status.
    Yeah, you would think but it doesn't even show up in Bulk Upload as a Failure to process - it's just not there at all. Sure hoping this gets sorted as I do like the program.

Since my last comment and reading others, Ive not had a problem uploading only the internal workings of Ninja, reporting back for others to read & confirming problems to be looked at.
    Upon the last exit from Ninja it has lost the edits and changes from the previous program opening and its one upload. It now shows 2 to upload in 'good to go', these were copy/pasted into another folder and deleted with that message/folder.
    Both folders have reverted to the standard Auction Set 1 and 2 names too, not data and live folders.
    No data in the html edit window yet again. This is not the same problem/issue as its on most entries not opening with all data. Losing data on many reopenings its got to have these issues sorted before a public version. Running similar auctions on Turbo Lister, (thats not perfect but no data loss), Ninja has got a few flaws and irritations yet. 'Idealproductsales' says that closing down by the X in corner, but Ive also used the EDIT drop down and closed using that option under settings, maybe its that way it loses the data, as you say not saving to the file.
    Very little options in general, no save/export/move to, and I dont like everything has to be right click, can it not drag and drop as Im not very confident with that way of doing moves/copies which uses a clipboard to hold data. I can write listings in Turbo and import into ebid, but not the other way round, so its a manual edit for those that were already in ebid that failed to sell and were taken down by ebid as expired.
    Have many duplicate items Id like to run on both as a compare. Frustrating, Ninja requires a few more facilities and fix data losses or give us an export function, or backup to files outside of the program once its out of its Beta testing, latter Im quite happy doing. Anything I lose is annoying but not a major concern, theres always an earlier template to use.
    Dinnages Publishing

Join us on eBid

Forum Newbie
    Salt Spring Island, British Columbia, Canada
    View elvisfan2010's Feedback (+2830)
    All-About elvisfan2010
    View elvisfan2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have uploaded several listings to NL successfully...but when trying to export from GTG...keep getting this message "failed to export to Ebid". I have tried one or several listings & keep getting the same message.
    Could anyone clue me in to what the problem is? Thanks

Thread Information