Thread: Ninja Lister Bug List

Forum Newbie
    Salt Spring Island, British Columbia, Canada
    View elvisfan2010's Feedback (+2830)
    All-About elvisfan2010
    View elvisfan2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Thanks, teh data file will be needed as well please. Can you forward via the contact us page.

Gazza
    I have sent the data file to the "contact us" email address.

Ive not had much of an issue myself with the beta NJ, ok there were a few things like the exit method and losing data, not a problem as testing and feedback it gets put right. Just looking forward to eBid becoming much more a household name, it needs the publicity outside of eBid users & these forums, like to the general press. For all the sellers there are, we all need buyers and bidders. NJ will greatly help all sellers, although going by what Ive had, I can have just a few items on elsewhere and get closing sales within a week. On eBid Im yet lucky to get a single bidder, never yet more than one, on very similar material listed.
    Im happy to test, play and upload with NJ too, just really want the incentive to spend more time uploading here for more active sales.
    I do find NJ runs rather slow & have to shut down other programs in the background.
    Dinnages Publishing
    A family team, Established 1989 for Transport collectables.
    Photographs - Postcards - Books - Enamel Pin Badges - Ceramic Mugs
    Most items are more often exclusive to us.

Join us on eBid

View kait's Feedback (+70)
    All-About kait
    View kait's Listings
    Forum Posts

okay this may already have been answered or there may be an easy solution but TBH to go through 35 pages of possible bugs is way too much for me after a days work..

anyway i digress.

I have just downloaded this ninja programme and attempted to upload one listing. i got initial problem with my store numbers etc, but sorted that out once i realised there were no sub cats in that store, and that is what the letter is for. so thats fine.

i still cannot get the listing to pass the upload testing as there is an issue with the image.

i get this at the end of the picture link, jpeg is invalid. Ensure images are viewable at all times. Extra info : Can't connect to :80 (Bad hostname '')

anyone got any ideas as to what may be the problem.

thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by kait View Post
    Extra info : Can't connect to :80 (Bad hostname '')
    port 80 is the standard http port, so evidently, the image appears to the upload processor to be a URL instead of a local image (Are you entering the image using the point-n-click browse for images method and select the actual image from on disk? have you verified that the image is indeed where it is supposed to be? - if you are listing a remote image , make sure the URL works properly ) - ninja lister needs the image files to be readable for it to access and upload them, otherwise, I think it defaults to thinking the data is a remote URL and tries to connect on an http socket.

so the trick is making sure the image that is listed in your NL is actually present where you've pointed to, and that ninjalister is able to access the image directly...
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

okay this may already have been answered or there may be an easy solution but TBH to go through 35 pages of possible bugs is way too much for me after a days work..

anyway i digress.

I have just downloaded this ninja programme and attempted to upload one listing. i got initial problem with my store numbers etc, but sorted that out once i realised there were no sub cats in that store, and that is what the letter is for. so thats fine.

i still cannot get the listing to pass the upload testing as there is an issue with the image.

i get this at the end of the picture link, jpeg is invalid. Ensure images are viewable at all times. Extra info : Can't connect to :80 (Bad hostname '')

thanks in advance
    Forward the data file to us via the Contact page and we will take a look.

Thx
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

anyway i digress.

thanks in advance
    Seems it was a problem with your picture ".jpeg" we were set to accept only .jpg.

Fixed.
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

View kait's Feedback (+70)
    All-About kait
    View kait's Listings
    Forum Posts

many thanks for your quick response.

Have added a template via source but can't edit details in normal view.

not sure if this has been mentioned before - but - when creating multiple auction sets and renaming them is all fine. But when exit NL without any auctions in the sets, they disappear.

Thread Information