Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Ninja Lister Bug List

Quote Originally Posted by Idealproductsales View Post
    BUG: International Calculated shipping does not seem to work right..

(havent checked in 0.95 yet but..)

Listings that I set up to ship to various International countries, show up as no cost shipping, it appears. Report emailed to Support with greater detail...

Just a heads up for anyone using international calculated shipping: your listings may not be showing what you believe they are (or what you set up and specified in NL)
    Side note: selected multiple countries, but NL only set shipping options for the last selected country - it did not set the option for *all* the countries where I would ship to.. just set for the last one which I'd selected in NL interface..

Probably unrelated, to the "it doesnt show up right" issue but also makes sense in some cases..

note to others using NL for shipping: may need to copy/paste a international shipping string to the shipping options box until it can correctly calculate the string of text needed for multiple country shipping. - may or may not correctly show shipping costs to the visitor - havent determined this yet.
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Ok, so I did my testing and verified that you were correct . It was the tab in the description field after the first tag <center>. Once I took all the html for my template, removed ALL spaces, tabs and CR / EOL characters... NL imported the description field just great with all HTML in place. Oh, the joy!

So it appears that the issue I was seeing with importing HTML in the description field is directly tied to the EOL / CR issue you were describing.

Thanks again!

Brett

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

CUrrently you must select a country, then the shipping for that country, then select another country and then the shipping for this country. It is not the best way and we are working on improving.

G.
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by otakusource View Post
    Ok, so I did my testing and verified that you were correct . It was the tab in the description field after the first tag <center>. Once I took all the html for my template, removed ALL spaces, tabs and CR / EOL characters... NL imported the description field just great with all HTML in place. Oh, the joy!

So it appears that the issue I was seeing with importing HTML in the description field is directly tied to the EOL / CR issue you were describing.

Thanks again!

Brett
    Can you let us know how the tab got into the description field. Did you export from eBid first then import into NL?

Thanks.
    G.
    eBid.net

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    CUrrently you must select a country, then the shipping for that country, then select another country and then the shipping for this country. It is not the best way and we are working on improving.

G.
    Oh OK.. thanks for that tip.. something that was not quite immediately obvious .. LOL

Oh well.. guess these threads should give us plenty to write a user manual for NL.. I'll give it a shot and see how it works out.

Hopefully this is also the fix for showing calculated shipping rates correctly on visitor views..
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Sure Gazza,

I went onto the Ebid site, found a listing using the template I wanted and then switched to HTML mode in the editor for the listing. I copied the entire contents into dreamweaver to modify it into a generic template and then copy / paste into the Excel description field. I then used the Excel "fill" command to drag the contents of the cell down 1000 listings. I save this as a tab del txt file and import it into NL.

The way I fixed it was to copy into notepad before Excel, remove all extra EOL / CR's so it was one continuous line, then put it into Excel and continue as before.

Let me know if you have other questions!

p.s. I know this isn't the place.... but please PLEASE a "select all" for countries that duplicates shipping choices across all countries? Im getting Carpal Tunnel again from all those clickity clicks! I tried switching to Dragon Naturally Speaking, but my voice got sore .

NL or the site is putting a speech mark at the start of a new line at the very end of my descriptions after being uploaded, it is not there in NL before being uploaded

It took in the foreign postage rates ok from a turbolister export but missed out ticking South Africa and New Zealand with the non European countries.
    Also missed out a couple of my payment options and put the price as an auction instead of buy now for some reason.
    These setting are ok in my defaults
    Last edited by interestingtreasures; 13th February 2010 at 01:20 PM.

All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

otakusource Can you forward any files to support FAO Gazza for us to investigate with details. Seems the tabs within the description are causing a problem.

Thanks
    Gazza
    Last edited by gazza; 13th February 2010 at 01:42 PM.
    eBid.net

All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

NZ and SA will be selected if you have Worldwide chosen.

G
    eBid.net

Thread Information