Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Ninja Lister Bug List

Quote Originally Posted by sketchtech View Post
    Slightly off topic but why is the Lister running an old build "FCKeditor.Net 2.6.3, released on 26 July 2008" when a new one is out "CKEditor 3.1, released on 6 January 2010"
    Often, stability.

new releases are frequently unstable, have bugs, and need to be updated on a regular basis.. Carrying an older, proven-stable library ensures that the software using that library does not have to make frequent updates (which can be irritating to users once the software is released as a stable version)

Debian follows the same philosophy - there's good reason to hold back and depend on stable known stable releases rather than trying to be on the bleeding edge and have the "latest, greatest"

For production webservers, I'd never dream of running the edge tree of any software.. As long as the current version I was running does not have a critical design or security flaw..

They probably do have a development copy which runs the "edge" tree of the latest libraries, so they can make sure that in the future when they DO start using the newer version, that there won't be issues with upgrading that library..
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Canyou close down NL and send us your data.csv file, now located in your userfolder/NinjaLister

We've been trying to replicated and cannot so far.

Thx
    Upgraded NL as per usual process (Close NL so it isnt running, go to My Bulk Uploads and download new version.) - The upgrade wiped out my data (serves me right for assuming that the data wipe issue was resolved and not making a backup copy of data!)

Anyhow, cant test now that I no longer have the data - sent request in to Gazza /Support to see if they'll send me back the data.csv that I sent in to them for testing..

Note to anyone going to upgrade- continue to keep backup copies of data files until such time as a backup feature is put in place on NinjaLister.

Lesson Learned .. hehe
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

yes..I still have nothing too..It's so frustrating...Hope something is sorted soon

exact same problem

I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't like loading pictures, at least not mine. Text seems to be no problem, so it looks like I'm either going to have to wait, adjust my listings or use the default editor to list.

Bit more information: Poking around idly (because my data was wiped, and I'm not in the mood to write more listings)

I found in my C:\Documents and Settings\brian\ folder, there are a whole bunch of .txt files. I wrote them off as being the exports I'd downloaded from eBid.. but then I realized my downloads didnt go to that folder..

So, I opened one up, and lo and behold, it happens to be the export file from NL that it writes before uploading.. So it appears what happens once you click on OK to upload, it writes out that file, and then for some reason, it cannot or does not connect to eBid to upload it.

Took one and imported it to NL and it imported just fine.

Added the listings to good to go bucket and watched that folder while I tried a new upload. It wrote the new file and then died. - So it appears it either simply does not want to connect , does not try, or tries and fails - but in any case it seems to never connect to eBid..

Just to see if maybe my firewall/antivirus was blocking it , I shut down my email for safety, killed my firewall and tried again- still no go.. judging by how quickly things happen and watching system monitor, it appears that it never even tries to connect to eBid to upload the file for some reason.

Removed all but one listing from the GTG bucket, and then it does actually upload the one listing.

Tried adding random sets of listings to GTG bucket, none of them would upload. Only way at the moment that I can upload listings from GTG bucket is one by one.

Makes me wonder if there is maybe something with the upload process , that it might be looking in the WRONG PLACE for the upload- if it can only process one listing at a time, it may be that single listings can be uploaded due to being stored to memory, but multiple listings need to be read off from a file?

Its a rather farfetched theory, however - but this didnt seem to occur until the location of ninjalister installation was moved.. ?

AH! I wonder if it isnt the TITLES!?

Working on that theory, I selected 3 listings that had entirely different titles, and added them to GTG bucket - they all uploaded just fine..

This time, I picked 4 OTHER listings - with two of them having *ALMOST* identical titles .. they do not upload.. removed one of the "almost the same" titles, tried again- it uploaded the set of 3.

Tried again with the remaining listings- 5 listings 2 with *similar* titles.. they did not upload.. Removed one of them, the rest upload just fine.

So it appears to have a lot to do with the TITLES of the listing for some reason - maybe it is refusing to upload when titles are identical for the first part - The "almost identical" titles all have the first 5 words exactly the same - until the last few words (Long Mummy and Regular Mummy) which differentiates the items

Example of the titles that seem to make it quit:
    Eureka! Eagle Point Eagle Point, Long Mummy Bag
    Eureka! Eagle Point Eagle Point, Regular Mummy Bag

If I have both listings in the GTG bucket at the same time, it won't upload. if I remove one of them, the rest all upload. Tested and confirmed this with 3 other pairs of "almost similar" listings .

maybe others with the same issue can try that and see if they can upload multiples as long as listing titles are dissimilar enough ..
    Last edited by Idealproductsales; 15th February 2010 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Idealproductsales View Post
    Bit more information: Poking around idly (because my data was wiped, and I'm not in the mood to write more listings)

I found in my C:\Documents and Settings\brian\ folder, there are a whole bunch of .txt files. I wrote them off as being the exports I'd downloaded from eBid.. but then I realized my downloads didnt go to that folder..

So, I opened one up, and lo and behold, it happens to be the export file from NL that it writes before uploading.. So it appears what happens once you click on OK to upload, it writes out that file, and then for some reason, it cannot or does not connect to eBid to upload it.

Took one and imported it to NL and it imported just fine.

Added the listings to good to go bucket and watched that folder while I tried a new upload. It wrote the new file and then died. - So it appears it either simply does not want to connect , does not try, or tries and fails - but in any case it seems to never connect to eBid..

Just to see if maybe my firewall/antivirus was blocking it , I shut down my email for safety, killed my firewall and tried again- still no go.. judging by how quickly things happen and watching system monitor, it appears that it never even tries to connect to eBid to upload the file for some reason.

Removed all but one listing from the GTG bucket, and then it does actually upload the one listing.

Tried adding random sets of listings to GTG bucket, none of them would upload. Only way at the moment that I can upload listings from GTG bucket is one by one.

Makes me wonder if there is maybe something with the upload process , that it might be looking in the WRONG PLACE for the upload- if it can only process one listing at a time, it may be that single listings can be uploaded due to being stored to memory, but multiple listings need to be read off from a file?

Its a rather farfetched theory, however - but this didnt seem to occur until the location of ninjalister installation was moved.. ?

AH! I wonder if it isnt the TITLES!?

Working on that theory, I selected 3 listings that had entirely different titles, and added them to GTG bucket - they all uploaded just fine..

This time, I picked 4 OTHER listings - with two of them having *ALMOST* identical titles .. they do not upload.. removed one of the "almost the same" titles, tried again- it uploaded the set of 3.

Tried again with the remaining listings- 5 listings 2 with *similar* titles.. they did not upload.. Removed one of them, the rest upload just fine.

So it appears to have a lot to do with the TITLES of the listing for some reason - maybe it is refusing to upload when titles are identical for the first part - The "almost identical" titles all have the first 5 words exactly the same - until the last few words (Long Mummy and Regular Mummy) which differentiates the items

Example of the titles that seem to make it quit:
    Eureka! Eagle Point Eagle Point, Long Mummy Bag
    Eureka! Eagle Point Eagle Point, Regular Mummy Bag

If I have both listings in the GTG bucket at the same time, it won't upload. if I remove one of them, the rest all upload. Tested and confirmed this with 3 other pairs of "almost similar" listings .

maybe others with the same issue can try that and see if they can upload multiples as long as listing titles are dissimilar enough ..
    Just tried that bri...did a brand new listing..(as all my others are missing onfile) So nothing to challenge it...It wont load.

But an interesting theory none the less

I just tried something with my pics..I just made a brand new listing and it would not list..I read your statement & removed all thepics...and walla!!! it uploaded...

will have to upload pics on and "edit" and then add them until this is sorted

Hmm interesting.. try using pics that do not have spaces in the filename

(I.E. if your pic is named "Red Belt Image.jpg" try re-naming them to Red_Belt_Image.jpg )

All my pics have no space in filenames , and I know from experience that linux servers, from time to time, have trouble with spaces in filenames-

Quote Originally Posted by Idealproductsales View Post
    Hmm interesting.. try using pics that do not have spaces in the filename

(I.E. if your pic is named "Red Belt Image.jpg" try re-naming them to Red_Belt_Image.jpg )

All my pics have no space in filenames , and I know from experience that linux servers, from time to time, have trouble with spaces in filenames-
    I never have spaces in my image names (but i will check this)

Just loaded 2 perfectly but without the pics...and then added them when online..But unfortunately that defeats the whole purpose of NL

Also noticed NL isnt ticking all my default payment options.
    I thought I would have a look at the ninjalister.csv file to see if I could edit in bulk, but I have looked at it both when NL is running and not but the file is empty.
    The strange thing is that when I restart NL the listings are still in it, I can only find one ninjalister.csv file so is there another hidden one

Thread Information