My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Big Knit 2010 for Age Concern

Linda - thats a phenominal amount of hats - well done on your knitting - and for Age Concern.

I was able to contribute last year and had fun knitting away for Age Concern - and to get others involved in helping I knitted little batches of hats and listed them in the YDC and for the BCC Pink funraiser that we had in the forums last October I knitted little pink cupcake hats. Sadly this year I haven't got any spare time for knitting - nor for much of anything else other than plastering, painting and woodwork ...... we're renovating the house ...... but luckily I'm on the 'home stretch' so my normal life should resume shortly. )
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BabsnRay View Post
    Linda - thats a phenominal amount of hats - well done on your knitting - and for Age Concern.

I was able to contribute last year and had fun knitting away for Age Concern - and to get others involved in helping I knitted little batches of hats and listed them in the YDC and for the BCC Pink funraiser that we had in the forums last October I knitted little pink cupcake hats. Sadly this year I haven't got any spare time for knitting - nor for much of anything else other than plastering, painting and woodwork ...... we're renovating the house ...... but luckily I'm on the 'home stretch' so my normal life should resume shortly. )
    I SHOULD be doing things around the house, but those hats were so much more fun! I had thought about listing some for the YDC, but didn't know how to approach it, so have just packed them all up to be mailed. If I get bored in the next few days, I might list one or two....how did you do it??

I'd love to have seen them!!!

I bet you will be glad to have your home all spic and span.....so nice to have things fresh and renovated!! If you run out of renovation projects, come on over, I'll give you a few to keep your skills honed!!! Linda
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Forum Newbie
    All-About Gingermoggie
    View Gingermoggie's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Linda - wow they are amazing - mine are no where near as good lol. What's the YDC thing that you mention - if it's another charity project then do let me know as the BigKnit is over soon and I still have loads of wool left

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    I SHOULD be doing things around the house, but those hats were so much more fun! I had thought about listing some for the YDC, but didn't know how to approach it, so have just packed them all up to be mailed. If I get bored in the next few days, I might list one or two....how did you do it??

I'd love to have seen them!!!

I bet you will be glad to have your home all spic and span.....so nice to have things fresh and renovated!! If you run out of renovation projects, come on over, I'll give you a few to keep your skills honed!!! Linda

The work on the house was long overdue as I had hoped to move, but life being the way it is always sends a stone to trip me up and spoil my plans ) so I thought we'd stay put, and renovate the house instead. Its had new ceilings in some reas, re-plastering, built in cupboards - everything really - then the cosmetic stuff like paint, new carpets and curtains - worse thing is its a 3 storey house - and we're still living in it while the work is going on. Its nearly finished now though and I'm on the home stretch so to speak. Only the kitchen left to paint and sort out something for the floor - not sure whether to go for vinyl or laminate but I'm sure it will come to me before I've finished.

Thanks for the offer to come and do yours - If I get bored with my sewing (I need to get back to that to build up my store inventory again) but if I get bored doing that, I'll take you up on the offer ))

Re the hats for Help the Aged Big Knit and the YDC - what I did was list a small bundle in the YDC, with the money going to the named / chosen charity. I worded it in the description that they were for Help the Aged Bid Knit fundraiser and that I would either send them on to the winning bidder or could send them on to Big Knit on the winners behalf. That way, the little hats helped 2 charities - the one they were made for and the YDC charity. Hope that helps.
    Babz

Quote Originally Posted by Gingermoggie View Post
    Hi Linda - wow they are amazing - mine are no where near as good lol. What's the YDC thing that you mention - if it's another charity project then do let me know as the BigKnit is over soon and I still have loads of wool left

Here's a link to the current YDC announcement thread here in the forums - it has details of what it is and how to join in. Hope it helps.

http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...ithout-Borders!
    Babz

All-About HerMajesty
    Forum Posts

YDC is a charity auction run monthly here on Ebid......each month the designated charity changes, but you can have your listings go for any charity you wish. There is a thread on it on the Charity auctions.....or click new posts at the top L of the forum threads......there is one for the upcoming YDC 81. It's a fun time.....people list nice or silly things for .99£ to start....rules are on the thread. Good fun, and some nice goodies. Will try to get the hats mailed tomorrow. Don't know how Babs had some of her hats listed the other year....maybe as a 'you buy the hats, I'll mail them to Old Age Concern'....or 'hats donated in your name'....maybe she will come back here and let us know. Hope you can join in the YDC!!!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    YDC is a charity auction run monthly here on Ebid......each month the designated charity changes, but you can have your listings go for any charity you wish. There is a thread on it on the Charity auctions.....or click new posts at the top L of the forum threads......there is one for the upcoming YDC 81. It's a fun time.....people list nice or silly things for .99£ to start....rules are on the thread. Good fun, and some nice goodies. Will try to get the hats mailed tomorrow. Don't know how Babs had some of her hats listed the other year....maybe as a 'you buy the hats, I'll mail them to Old Age Concern'....or 'hats donated in your name'....maybe she will come back here and let us know. Hope you can join in the YDC!!!

Looks like we were both typing the same time. Info re the hats & YDC is above - hope it helps
    Babz

All-About HerMajesty
    Forum Posts

Great - thanks for the link! It would be great to see Gingermoggie in the YDC!!!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Forum Newbie
    All-About Gingermoggie
    View Gingermoggie's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: The Big Knit 2010 for Age Concern

Hi There All!
    Hope you're all well!
    Just wondered if anyone knows if the Big Knit is going ahead for 2011? I've not heard anything yet but I carried on knitting from last year so am hoping that it is going ahead as I've got 200 hats sitting here!!!
    Best wishes
    Ginger

All-About HerMajesty
    Forum Posts

Default Re: The Big Knit 2010 for Age Concern

Quote Originally Posted by Gingermoggie View Post
    Hi There All!
    Hope you're all well!
    Just wondered if anyone knows if the Big Knit is going ahead for 2011? I've not heard anything yet but I carried on knitting from last year so am hoping that it is going ahead as I've got 200 hats sitting here!!!
    Best wishes
    Ginger
    Hi, Ginger!!!! I haven't heard, tho perhaps the Innocent Smoothie website would have info. I haven't knit any (yet) as it seems once I start, I can't get anything else done. However, since I'm not doing anything else anyway, I might as well be doing that, huh?? Maybe we should find out if it's on before we get too carried away. I was disappointed that they reduced the amount that they donated to Age Concern from the prior year per/hat. I'll see what I can find out, and you do the same, ok? Nice to have you back here on the forums.........sorry I missed your post........I was back in Colo seeing my kiddos.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Thread Information