Thread: newbie product options/variations query

Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View andyrg66's Feedback (+1)
    All-About andyrg66
    View andyrg66's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: newbie product options/variations query

Hi Im back again!!!!!

help required with listing some of my products. some of the products I sell require additional information for set up and installation.

As stated in the caution at the time of posting every listing referral to a website / ecommerce site is not allowed.

my current dilemma is this is the location of where the information is held. so as not to breach the terms and conditions is the a method where I can attach the this information to my store so it could be printed off by the buyer/ should it be added to the description / should it be added to about me / or a final idea is should I just list the consumable items on e-bid and let my website do the rest?

or once the buyer has received the product am I allowed I refer him to my website to access the additional information.

and another thought the products sold from my store will be despatched with company logo /email and website is this also a problem?

and finally as some items in my store are consumables and will at some stage in the future, will need to be re-ordered is my customer supposed to re-order through e-bid or can he order directly of my website.

sorry for all the questions, but as a newbie I want to get things right.

the answers will determine whether it is worth setting up and addition account (pending permission from support) purple for my business

many thanks
    Andy

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: newbie product options/variations query

The official line is that ebid (quite understandably) are not happy for you to use their site as a platform to advertise your selling activities elsewhere, this is the way that all selling platforms operate.
    When you sell an item via Ebid there is nothing at all to prevent you from including a flyer in the package that will alert your buyer to the fact that you also sell across your own website.
    From this point it is a matter for the buyer to decide which site it will be that they choose to deal with you through.

the items that require the additional set up and installation should already include all of the relevant information with them at the time of sending.
    Your Ebid buyers are free to message you via Ebid's message system, if they need to.

The consumables that you mention will sell as well via Ebid as they would your own website i imagine....It is always wise to spread you items around as many sites as is feasible, this will improve your chances of making sales.

Thread Information