Forum Posts

I cannot SAVE any auctions i design.errrr

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by amazingpacks View Post
    I cannot SAVE any auctions i design.errrr
    Are you sure you are placing valid information in all required fields?

If a piece of information is missing (you can't save a partially completed listing) the NL places a thin red border around the problem field(s) and stops the save action. If, like me, your colour vision is less than perfect then that red border can be virtually impossible to see against the black background.

I have asked eBid to have more consideration for those of us who are challenged in the colour perception department - but they seem a bit deaf.
    Last edited by astral276; 2nd April 2010 at 08:11 AM.

Forum Newbie
    View staffsfc's Feedback (+55)
    All-About staffsfc
    View staffsfc's Listings
    Forum Posts

Can anyone help please, odd problem here....Last night uploaded 20 items from TL file, no problem. This morning set up a new TL file, clicked to upload to NL and a message appears "Initializing - Please wait" , I have for over half an hour !

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by staffsfc View Post
    Can anyone help please, odd problem here....Last night uploaded 20 items from TL file, no problem. This morning set up a new TL file, clicked to upload to NL and a message appears "Initializing - Please wait" , I have for over half an hour !
    Not a solution but I had that once with one of the earlier versions of NL. Turned out is was something in one of the description fields (never found out what) that the NL really didn't like. I assumed it was tying itself in knots internally trying to figure it out and hanging.

I got around it by removing listings from the import file, one by one, until it did accept the file (luckily it was only the 3rd one).

Forum Newbie
    View staffsfc's Feedback (+55)
    All-About staffsfc
    View staffsfc's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you, Ill try that

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by staffsfc View Post
    Thank you, Ill try that
    If it does provide a solution you could maybe do what I should have done and submit the problem import file to admin for them to investigate the cause.

Forum Newbie
    All-About Krisys_Store
    View Krisys_Store's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question

hi there,

i am just enquiring, i have lots of clothes (1000+) to sell on ebid, the question i am enquiring about, is that with my clothes i have several different sizes and colours in each item i want to sell but i cannot see any where the option to add variations to my listings...
    only way i can think of selling my clothes is either, list every possible variation seperate (which aint really practical as some can have 150+ different possible variations), or just write it all in the listing discription and get the customer to mail me with which option they want...
    any help/ideas would be truly grateful thank you.

got this far but nija simply tells me my auctions failed to list, tried then a few individual but same thing, they are imported (successfully i think) from ebay via turbolister, help!

ta

robbie

View TCCSales's Feedback (+13769)
    All-About TCCSales
    View TCCSales's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Krisys_Store View Post
    hi there,

i am just enquiring, i have lots of clothes (1000+) to sell on ebid, the question i am enquiring about, is that with my clothes i have several different sizes and colours in each item i want to sell but i cannot see any where the option to add variations to my listings...
    only way i can think of selling my clothes is either, list every possible variation seperate (which aint really practical as some can have 150+ different possible variations), or just write it all in the listing discription and get the customer to mail me with which option they want...
    any help/ideas would be truly grateful thank you.
    I feel your pain!
    Since Turbo Lister does NOT export variations, it renders Ninja Lister virtually useless. The whole idea of an import tool, is to make importing listings easy & pain free. Regrettably, Ninja will not be able to do that task for anything that ever has variations......ugh....very very disappointing. We waited over 2 years for an import tool that will not import much of what we sell unless we spend an inordinate amount of time adjusting the listings that we would have switched over here....again....very very disappointing....

Oh....one last thing.....for any cheerleaders out there that will say 'Well THAT is an ebay issue & not a ninja lister issue!" I would say, please have a look at other site's import tools. They grab listings (complete with variations) just fine. I would list the sites, but the last time I did, the post got removed.....

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TCCSales View Post
    Since Turbo Lister does NOT export variations, it renders Ninja Lister virtually useless. The whole idea of an import tool, is to make importing listings easy & pain free.
    Well I don't think I would make it as a cheerleader - my legs simply wouldn't cut it with the short skirt.

Even if TL did export variations what would NL do with them? There is nowhere in the eBid listing construct for them to go. So you are basically saying that eBid should remodel itself to fall into line with eBay. I don't think that will or should happen. What happens when eBay changes the rules? Does eBid forever have to play catchup in order to suit those who wish to leave eBay?

I also don't agree that an import tool is to make the import 'easy and pain free' (except in a non-existent ideal world) it is to make the import easier. Import, maybe with some modification, those elements that make sense but leave those that do not make sense to be resolved by the importer. Slotting a database designed for one system into another disparate system is never going to be seamless. A bit like trying to insert the engine from one car into another make - the basics of the two are the same but not everything is going to line up.

Anyone expecting a one click import from eBay to eBid is deluding themselves. If they are not willing to put in the work required to move their listings from one site to another then they would be better off staying where they are.
    Last edited by astral276; 28th December 2014 at 09:43 PM.

Thread Information