Page 4 of 99 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: eBid Ninja Lister & Importing Auctions Help

Forum Newbie
    Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    View cotswoldsport's Feedback (+9333)
    All-About cotswoldsport
    View cotswoldsport's Listings
    Forum Posts

I took the lap top of site intending to edit listings imported with TL putting in categories and locations for my eBid shop. I was going to have a few hours spare!

Found that without internet access I could not make any changes, is this intentional or a bug?

Forum Diehard
    View JJcards's Feedback (+1672)
    All-About JJcards
    View JJcards's Listings
    Forum Posts

Having a slight nl problem,after I create 2-3 listings I find it (entering description and titles)very slow and sluggish before I was able to upload 40 items in the time it now takes to upload 15,is this part of the new problem Gazza spoke of or something different.

Forum Newbie
    View Addywack's Feedback (+257)
    All-About Addywack
    View Addywack's Listings
    Forum Posts

A great big thanks to the NL Team, I've installed V.097.5 and everything is importing OK again, nice work.

Any chance you might be adding a bulk preview function to NL soon, my spelling is BAAAAAD and rechecking every listing one at a time is doing my head in, pretty please.

To everyone out there struggling with the glitches, STICK WITH IT, when it works it's good, with a bulk edit feature, a bulk preview feature and little work on things like sub folders in the auction sets and speeding up entering the P&P costs it looks like being better than eBays TL.

Forum Newbie
    All-About Addywack
    View Addywack's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DDDitties View Post
    I am just getting started. I am defecting from eBay. I have over 2000 listings to get up. I tried uploading 8 from ninja lister and they have not shown up. Is there something I need to do as I new user first? Also I have started 2 autions directly through the web site. One of them I tried to edit the quantity and it never changed. I deleted it. HELP!
    I had a similar problem and it turned out to be something reallly silly, I'd hit the semi colon instead of the colon when I entered the shop catagory on just one listing, I've also noticed that sometimes if the auction catagories are different on a small group of listings they will just disappear, when it happens with a large group you get a window saying the upload was unsuccessfull so at least you know what's happened.

To everyone out there struggling with the glitches, STICK WITH IT, when it works it's good, with a bulk edit feature, a bulk preview feature and little work on things like sub folders in the auction sets and speeding up entering the P&P costs it looks like being better than eBays TL.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Addywack View Post
    I'd hit the semi colon instead of the colon when I entered the shop catagory on just one listing, I've also noticed that sometimes if the auction catagories are different on a small group of listings they will just disappear,

Can you expand on these please, if there is a problem no matter how small we would like it fixed.

Thanks
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Forum Newbie
    All-About Addywack
    View Addywack's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Can you expand on these please, if there is a problem no matter how small we would like it fixed.

Thanks
    Gazza
    I'll do my best, I noticed quite quickly that with small uploads (1-10 qty approx.) little things like a spelling mistakes/errors in the field areas did not always generate a "Upload Unsuccessful" window but went through as though they were OK and got a Upload Success window" but just seemed to dissapear in to the ether with no explanation, with different auction cat. no's it does'nt seem to like more than about 15 listings ie: 150 listings with say cat. no. 3591 will all upload at once OK but if some are say 3643,3646,3655 even though they are still in the same main cat.(ieostcards/topo/england), they will only upload in groups of aprox.15 at a time, I also noticed that if the listings are in totally different main cats. then they will only upload in groups of about 5 or 6, I was a bit slow figuring out how to use the forums or I would have mentioned it earlier so you might have corrected the reason for the glitch already, I'm prepareing another large mixed auction so I'll try uploading them in one go and let you how I get on, hopefully by tomorrow evening at the latest, bye

Forum Newbie
    All-About Addywack
    View Addywack's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default NL Uploading Update:

Hi Gazza,

Here's the update as promissed, it's a bit complicated but I'll try to keep it brief and I think the problems got worse as I have'nt managed to upload even I item.

1st I tried uploading 136 auctions in the same main cat. under approx 11 or 12 sub cats., I got a "saving data" popup similar to the one which now appears when I exit NL, I assume it's a new feature so I waited and after a couple of minutes I got the uploading popup which shot across to 70% and stopped, I left it for about 35 minutes and nothing changed then I tried hitting the cancel button, nothing happens, I had to exit NL to end the process. I then tried 33 of the items that were in the same main cat. and the same sub. cat., no joy, I gradually worked down to just one(1) listing, again no joy and the process went through the same stages, the only difference between the whole 136 listings attempt and the smaller ones was that it shot across to 100% and then stopped, each time I had to actually exit NL to get out of the process. I have included some screen shots.

I've also got some screen shots of another little glitch which showed up after I installed the first NL update you issued, I was'nt sure there was a connection so I wanted to run all my health check, deep clean and virus deep scans first, everything came up sqeaky clean and as installing that update was the only change I made before the glitch started I'll see what you think ~ basically my desktop shortcuts to my ebid summery and to my shops have now only open as a half page and I can only get a full page view manually and the NL opening page opens to a full page but badly positioned with the orientation down to the bottom right corner ie: a couple of inches of the right side and the bottom are there but off screen, no other folder/application pages or desktop internet shortcuts are affected, not a huge problem but a bit annoying.

thx
    Addywack
    Attached Images Attached Images             

Default Uploading auctions

i am trying to upload auctions. I get through the upload process fine. Then I go to bulk upload and get that they all failed. The reason is below.

Auction 1 Error : [This package type cannot be send with postage method selected] Ensure your have included International Postage values for countries that you are showing your auction to. Eg. If you have chosen to show auction on eBid Australia, you must place Australia (au) in your Intl Shipping Options. This field cannot be left empty. See the tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet for full instructions.

I have calculated shipping, with the weight of the item, and standard package size. i am not sure why I am getting this message.

Suggestion: it would be helpful to be able to bulk edit at this point or even within nl. Also, I had to put in the priority mail box size for all shipping even though, if customers choose to ship first class, that package size is different. When I did not do this, I received an error message. A package weight should be sufficient.

All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

1st I tried uploading 136 auctions in the same main cat. under approx 11 or 12 sub cats.,
    Are you talking about your own eBid Store categories or just standard eBid categories?

I got the uploading popup which shot across to 70% and stopped, I left it for about 35 minutes and nothing changed then I tried hitting the cancel button, nothing happens, I had to exit NL to end the process. I then tried 33 of the items that were in the same main cat. and the same sub. cat., no joy, I gradually worked down to just one(1) listing, again no joy and the process went through the same stages, the only difference between the whole 136 listings attempt and the smaller ones was that it shot across to 100% and then stopped
    Feel free to forward to our support team (FAO Gazza) your data file from the NinjaLister folder in your home directory and give us details of the problematic auctions that you added to GTG and would not upload.

Thx.
    eBid.net

All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by illallthetime View Post
    i am trying to upload auctions. I get through the upload process fine. Then I go to bulk upload and get that they all failed. The reason is below.

Auction 1 Error : [This package type cannot be send with postage method selected] Ensure your have included International Postage values for countries that you are showing your auction to. Eg. If you have chosen to show auction on eBid Australia, you must place Australia (au) in your Intl Shipping Options. This field cannot be left empty. See the tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet for full instructions.

I have calculated shipping, with the weight of the item, and standard package size. i am not sure why I am getting this message.

Suggestion: it would be helpful to be able to bulk edit at this point or even within nl. Also, I had to put in the priority mail box size for all shipping even though, if customers choose to ship first class, that package size is different. When I did not do this, I received an error message. A package weight should be sufficient.
    You've select Large Envelope as your package size but have a Flat Rate Box chosen. This is the conflict it looks like.

Gazza
    eBid.net

Thread Information