Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 45 of 99 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595 ... LastLast

Thread: eBid Ninja Lister & Importing Auctions Help

Forum Newbie
    All-About brefazio
    View brefazio's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: eBid Ninja Lister & Importing Auctions Help

There are a lot of little things you have to do before you're file will be accepted. Here are the ones I came across that were not in the help section of the software:

Make sure you have a My eBid Store and that it is set to "online" and you have completed all of the sections in this setup screen.

Make sure you have your paypal and googlecheckout info entered in My Preferences.

I found the easiest way for me to import my eBay items was to use Turbo Lister, sync your items with eBay, then export into a .csv in Turbo Lister Format.

After you manage to import your items into NL, you will need to double-click on each item and update auction data to make it compatible with eBid's categories/layout and save.

When you have each item updated, use the bottom right of the screen to select all items and then add selected items to good to go. Next click Good to Go and Upload.

It took me about five tries to finally get it all right, so I thought I would share the items I came across and maybe save someone else the extra time.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Need any help uploading your items with the eBid Ninja Lister? Found a bug with the Ninja Lister? Add your query here.

Don't forget we have some great How To Videos (HTVs) created by our users located in the Help > HTV > Starting Auctions, Selling & eBid Stores section. Many cover the Ninja Lister and show you step by step how everything works. Just hit the Help link at the top of the page .

Downloading

Visit the "My Bulk Upload" section within your "My eBid" area. Here you will see the link to download the application. The app runs on Adobe Air that most people will already have installed on the Mac or PC. If you download the application and it seems your computer doesn't know what to do when you open the .air file then follow the link on the "My Bulk Upload" page to download the Adobe Air software. After Adobe Air is installed then try to open the .air file again.

Ninja Lister Basics

Username & Password
    Add your username, password and country when the application runs for the first time. These can be edited in File > Edit Settings at any time. Make sure you enter the correct username, we've had many users emailing us asking us why their items are not uploading and this is because they have misspelled their username. Also add your account type SELLER or SELLER+. SELLER accounts must also choose whether to upgrade any imported auctions to Platinum if a BuyNow price is present, if not the BuyNow price will be used as a starting bid price on a Standard auction if one is not already present.

Auction Sets & Folders
    In the left column of the application you will see a folder structure. Within folders you can create auction sets, these are data files to store auctions in. You can create/duplicate/rename them with a right click on your mouse. There are also buttons to create new folders or to create new auction sets.

Creating Auctions
    Right click the auction set you wish to add the new auction to and choose Create New Auction in this Set. You'll be show the create auction form. Add your auction details to this as you would if creating an auction on the main site. Click Save to save the auction and click Close to return back to the grid view. There are also Previous and Next buttons to allow you to browse through the current auction set without having to close the create form window.

Importing Auctions
    eBay auctions must be exported first using eBay's Turbo Lister program. Select the items you wish to export and choose "Export Selected Items" from the File menu. Choose the "Turbo Lister Format" option when you export. Check here for another thread about this. Once you have the exported file saved to disk simply right click (MAC Ctrl+Click) an auction set in Ninja Lister and choose Import Auctions in this Set and browse your computer to find the exported file. Ninja Lister will then process your file and a progress bar will be shown on the screen. If you file does not import correctly we would appreciate you attaching the file on an email to our support desk (support at ebid dot net). If the data file is very large then it can be zipped before sending.

Amazon items.....
    From your Pro Merchant Seller Account page on Amazon, go to "Manage Your Inventory" > "Inventory Reports". Select "Open Listings Report" report type from the pull down menu. Click "Request Report" button. That same page will show the status of your report, and you'll be able to download it from there. The file should be tab delimited format and saved as a .txt file. This will be importable into Ninja Lister.

Auctions can be exported from eBid also and imported into NL. Choose the Export option on the Auctions I'm Running or Auctions I Ran page of My eBid to obtain an importable file.

Uploading Auctions
    Select the auctions you wish to upload left clicking (use CTRL + LEFT CLICK to select individual auctions or SHIFT + LEFT CLICK to select a range). Right click the selected auctions (highlighted in blue) and choose Add to Good to Go. These will be added to your GTG bucket which can be viewed by clicking the big purple button on the left. Choose View to see them or Upload Good to Go Auctions to send them to eBid for processing.

Your uploaded auctions are normally processed within 5 minutes of you uploading them. Browse to the My Bulk Upload section of My eBid to view the status of the upload.

Hi
    I've looked but cant seem to find it.
    Is there a way to edit the auctions without actually going in to each individual item.
    Like on the viewing page of each set? so i can just put in the appropriate details.

Crystal
    Last edited by crystaltuner; 30th April 2011 at 07:15 AM.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crystaltuner View Post
    Hi
    I've looked but cant seem to find it.
    Is there a way to edit the auctions without actually going in to each individual.
    Like on the viewing page of each set?
    Change the first one then copy the change to the auctions below it.

Hi Thanks for the quick reply but thats not what i mean.
    I want to change individual auctions in each field ie the store category or the site category .
    I know the codes i want but opening,changing and saving each one is a pain especially when trying to do a bunch of them.
    I opened one like it says in the video help section and when i open a single listing and try to put the category in, It wont let me.
    It says Select on Upload
    ( i can change the shop category though)
    Any ideas please?

View Shawnannie's Feedback (+482)
    All-About Shawnannie
    View Shawnannie's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi I am a newbie here and also a refugee from ebay. I am trying to import all my listings from ebay to ebid. But I have a problem, I have just signed up to ebid and read lots of things from forum to help page. I find lots of help from the forum to show how to import auctions to ebid. So I have just downloaded Turbo Lister and Ninja Lister. I sync all my items with eBay, then selected the items that I wanted to export and I found out the "Export Selected Item" is in gray which means I cannot use this function. I wonder if it is because I use I use Auctiva instead of Turbo lister to list my items on ebay and that's why I cannot use the function of "Export selected item" on TL. If so, and I would like to see if there has any other way to import my listing to ebid. Thanks!!

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnannie View Post
    Hi I am a newbie here and also a refugee from ebay. I am trying to import all my listings from ebay to ebid. But I have a problem, I have just signed up to ebid and read lots of things from forum to help page. I find lots of help from the forum to show how to import auctions to ebid. So I have just downloaded Turbo Lister and Ninja Lister. I sync all my items with eBay, then selected the items that I wanted to export and I found out the "Export Selected Item" is in gray which means I cannot use this function. I wonder if it is because I use I use Auctiva instead of Turbo lister to list my items on ebay and that's why I cannot use the function of "Export selected item" on TL. If so, and I would like to see if there has any other way to import my listing to ebid. Thanks!!
    I seem to recall other ebay users saying there was an issue with them only allowing export of *live* auctions. But I might have misremembered that!

View Shawnannie's Feedback (+482)
    All-About Shawnannie
    View Shawnannie's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I seem to recall other ebay users saying there was an issue with them only allowing export of *live* auctions. But I might have misremembered that!
    Thanks for your email!! I have just found out once I sync all my items with ebay and they all will transfer to a file called Listing Activity (on the left) > Active Listings. I need to highlight of all my items from there, copy and paste to "Inventory". Then the function of "Export selected items" is in black and I can use it now. Something new to me!! Have a good day! I am going back to set up my new life in ebid!!

Forum Newbie
    All-About lylehm
    View lylehm's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Hi,

Can you forward us an example GarageSale file to support FAO Gazza and we will get this importable into NL.

Thx.
    Hi, did anyone ever send you a GarageSale file? If not, I'm happy to do so. What is the best way to get this to you? I don't understand the reference above to "forward...to support FAO Gazza."
    Regards.

Forum Newbie
    All-About magazinescomics
    View magazinescomics's Listings
    Forum Posts

HELP ! I have uploaded my turbo lister ebay listings into Ninja Lister - they show up but they have changed my starting prices to $0.00 and have no categories set.
    I have 800 listings and dont want to manually retype data in - is there anyway to select all the listings within the Ninja Lister Auction Set to change all listings to one specific category or starting price - appreciate any help - thanks

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by magazinescomics View Post
    ...is there anyway to select all the listings within the Ninja Lister Auction Set to change all listings to one specific category or starting price
    Yes, edit one listing to the values you want and then, on the Currently Viewing screen, right-click on the modified column entry and select Copy Field to All.

This will change all entries in that column to that value.

Ninja Lister 'should' have picked up your prices. Categories are a different matter, as there is no correlation between eBid and eBay categories.

Thread Information