Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 72 of 99 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576777879808182 ... LastLast

Thread: eBid Ninja Lister & Importing Auctions Help

Forum Newbie
    View justmoda's Feedback (-1)
    All-About justmoda
    View justmoda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: eBid Ninja Lister & Importing Auctions Help

Yup - done all that. It's all uploaded but won't post anything once you get to the upload spreadsheet file produced from Ninja software. Why doesn't it work?

Forum Newbie
    View justmoda's Feedback (-1)
    All-About justmoda
    View justmoda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Doesn't work

Forum Newbie
    All-About Joseva
    View Joseva's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi:
    I'm new to eBid, I'm trying to upload my listing from eBay, everything work fine till I press the Good to go ( purple ) the uploading process start and then I got a message:
    image not found in auction #1:2
    The url for the image is there: file:///C:/ProgramData/eBay/Turbo
    I'm not sure it's the right url. The item is not listed on ebay it's in the unsold list.
    I will appreciate any help.
    Thanks

Hello,

Brand new seller here at eBid. We are part of the current great wave of eBay refugees migrating away from the latest disaster that particular venue has become. We are looking forward to a new experience that will be good for us as well as pleasing to buyers. We have already invested in a life seller+ account, and have been working for 2 days now to figure out what we need to do, how, and when. Despite hours and hours reading the forums and the FAQs and help files, we still have some specific questions, especially re: Ninja Lister. Hopefully some kind soul here will point us in the right direction......please?

We are attempting to import ~350 listings from eBay. We have gotten as far as bringing them into Ninja Lister as an auction set.

1) Many of our existing listings have as many as 12 photos. As it would be very expensive to import all of the photos, we would like to trim many of these down to 5 or maybe a few more. However, when we select a listing, go into the edit screen for it, the only way I can find to delete photos is using the "less" button, which deletes the last picture. Is there any way to select WHICH specific photos we want to keep or delete?

2) Most of our listings refer to eBay (specifically, we used the phrase "please make sure your Paypal address matches your eBay address"). Is there any way to "find and replace" this wording to say eBid rather than eBay, other than editing so many listings individually?

3) About half of these listings are for a flat rate shipping, the rest calculated by weight/size/shipping option. If I do a full import of these, what should I expect in the resulting listings? Will these transfer over, or are their pitfalls that I need to be prepared for and make changes before importing to eBid active listings?

Thanks in advance for any guidance or advice, may your sales be good and your dealings happy for all!

Varebelrose (Steve and Lori)

View sherlock07's Feedback (+301)
    All-About sherlock07
    View sherlock07's Listings
    Forum Posts

I do not use ninja, but from memory, is a spreadsheet created as an intrim between downloading from eBay and NinJa? If so can't you do the canges in the spreadsheet before importing into ninja.

Sherlock's Watches Store ~ Great Watches for the Family
    Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

Quote Originally Posted by sherlock07 View Post
    I do not use ninja, but from memory, is a spreadsheet created as an intrim between downloading from eBay and NinJa? If so can't you do the canges in the spreadsheet before importing into ninja.
    I've been running an experiment to see if you may simply list with it - and it works fine. It's all done with right clicks. When you start it you will see in the left column a folder...open it to "my first list". Right click and select what you wish to do..."add an auction". A sheet opens up for you to fill in. When completed save it and it appears at the top of the sheet. Then back to "myfirst list" and repeat for the next item.

You will see blue tags in the sheet you are completing; these are for things which you may wish to be default etc and are explained as you select them.

It's a very useful tool and saves hours fiddling looking for other information. For example there are two entries selectable for shipping - one UK and one International. Each presents you with a list from which you select the means of shipping and the price. The international one cannot be left blank, so if you are not intending to ship outsied the UK you check the relevant box and your item appears only on eBid UK...and the lister informs you of this.

There are lots of bits I haven't found yet I dare say, but that should suffice to get you started. I'd try a simple list of half a dozen first.

The thing I haven't figured is whether, having listed some items I may simply add to the list (as this adds to the "bucket") and send or whether i need a new list. I've searched everywhere but cannot find that answer! If i try it...will I mess up what is already there? Shall I bite the bullet?

Good luck!

Forum Newbie
    Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    All-About TheRetroRoom
    View TheRetroRoom's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi all,

Brand new Ebid seller today and also having problems migrating using turbo lister and ninja lister.

The importing and exporting was pretty straight forward but if anyone can help me with the issues below then I would be very grateful:

1) Cannot select Buy it Now (box is greyed out)
    2) None of my prices have imported - Auction and BuyNow are all set as zero.

Thanks

Mark.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheRetroRoom View Post
    1) Cannot select Buy it Now (box is greyed out)
    2) None of my prices have imported - Auction and BuyNow are all set as zero.
    Have you set the correct account type (Seller+) under File > Edit Settings?
    Last edited by astral276; 18th August 2014 at 02:12 PM.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cambrensis View Post
    The thing I haven't figured is whether, having listed some items I may simply add to the list (as this adds to the "bucket") and send or whether i need a new list. I've searched everywhere but cannot find that answer! If i try it...will I mess up what is already there? Shall I bite the bullet?
    First off, I admit I don't use Ninja Lister so my experience of it is a tad limited.

Don't you get the option to empty the Good To Go bucket on successful upload? I thought you did - but I may be thinking of something else.

Even if not, there is nothing to stop you emptying the Good To Go bucket after upload. The content is merely copies of listings, deleting them will not delete your listing in Ninja Lister.

You should also look at what the various possible entries in the Action field do:

a = "add" .. this will start a new auction with the data on this row

o = "overwrite" .. this will edit a currently running auction of the same title. This is subject to our current edit auction restrictions. eg. descriptions cannot be edited after a bid has been made. If an auction is not currently running with this title a new auction will NOT be started with this data.

ao = "add/overwrite" .. this will start a new auction if an auction with a matching title is not currently running and will overwrite it if there is already one running.

d = "delete" .. this will delete any auctions with matching titles. They will not be closed but deleted forever. Again subject to restictions for auctions with bids on already. If using d then only an SKU or Title is required (as well as ##end## of course). If you use a Title and SKU you will need to match both for the deletion to occur. If you use just a Title then allmatching titles will be deleted. If you use just an SKU then all matching SKU will be deleted.

c = "close" .. this will close any auctions with matching titles. They will appear in your "Auctions I Ran" section within a couple of minutes. If using c then only an SKU or Title is required (as well as ##end## of course). If you use a Title and SKU you will need to match both for the close to occur. If you use just a Title then all matching titles will be closed. If you use just and SKU then all matching SKU will be closed.

Thanks Mel; all is saved back so I may as well empty and see what happens! There's a lot of help in what you have posted there and I'll work my way through it.

I've just found one interesting little quirk though. I had all the details inserted for an item and had written my "blurb" in a text editor. I copied and pasted, set up the heading then the remainder of the text, selecting fonts etc.

To my puzzlement the "save" was greyed out, i examined everything and could see nothing wrong, but obviously there was something. I removed my text and was then able to save the details : title, price, postage, etc. No problem there at all, so this was obviously something to do with the text itself.

I copied the text back over and repeated the performance of selecting fonts and format and ended up in the same position. It would now not save back. I had a cup of coffe and went back to the monitor, enlarging the screen to examine in detail with these aging eyes!

i removed the text and reinserted from my editor and looked very closely. The only thing I could see that was incorrect was leading space on the title line. I removed the space, centred up the title and then dealt with the remainder. No problem - it would now save. I repeated this with and without the leading space three times; with the superfluous space nothing would save. Without it - all was perfect!

So to those who think all is entered perfectly but nothing will save...do look for imperfections in spacing. Phew!

Thread Information