Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 77 of 99 FirstFirst ... 27676869707172737475767778798081828384858687 ... LastLast

Thread: eBid Ninja Lister & Importing Auctions Help

Default Re: eBid Ninja Lister & Importing Auctions Help

Yes Mel, I only know as my task bar keeps hiding my buttons and it drops it so my buttons appear on various things, i don't know how it works or why

I can create my files in Turbo Lister and have no problem exporting them into Ninja...although I cannot see any pictures when I preview or edit before sending to GTG and then when I upload to Ebid, except as a spreadsheet that failed and will not open...actually the error I get is this on "log " "File type not recognised or your column layout is incorrect. Please upload in TAB delimited format. Make sure you file has a .txt extension. Make sure you have entered ##end## into the last column of each row of your data, see the eBid Spreadsheet for full instructions."
    ...it shows up fine on Ninja Lister but when exported to Ebid they always fail...I have read that your uploader corrects errors like "TAB delimited format" automatically...what goes....Thanx for reply
    Last edited by psychmonster; 1st March 2015 at 11:49 PM.

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

NL upload error - file Gill_240315211830.zip

10 listings for overwrite but 2 being stated as not overwritten although pic 3 shows they were

Attachment 49457

Attachment 49458

Attachment 49459

edit - Since posting I have corrected the listings
    Last edited by Gill; 24th March 2015 at 10:26 PM.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

I for one use NL for changes in bulk. For instance, I've been changing postage but on one upload I forgot to change the 'Action' column to overwrite. As a suggestion is there a way you can put a 'reminder message' onto the 'Good to go' button before any listings are uploaded?

For instance:
    Click Good to go then a window pops up stating, 'have you changed to add/overwrite'? With a Yes or Cancel button.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Forum Newbie
    View 2strgaz2's Feedback (+4037)
    All-About 2strgaz2
    View 2strgaz2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi! I'm a newbie, fired by eBay. So far, I LOVE eBid. I actually got all my listings that I created on Auctiva to transfer to Turbo Lister, then off to Ninja, AND most up to eBid! Wow! A few questions:

1. Is there a users manual for Ninja?
    2. How do I tell on Ninja what listings have listed and what ones I still need to do?
    3. I think I inadvertently uploaded duplicate listings. Is there a way to find them, short of going through each one?
    4. Is there a way to add listings to a store if the listings were created prior to the store?
    5. The listings that aren't uploading are showing a message that says "Please check the auction, make sure that the image files exist." When I preview the listing all the pix are there. I'm sure it's something about the code. How can I fix it?

I use Ninja lister extensively. The items I list for sale are postage stamps, with many catagories and sub catagories. I have no problems with the many daily uploads I do. A major annoyance is that after arranging the folders in Ninja lister in alphabetic order and then closing the lister down with backup; on reopening the folders are again in non alphabetic random order. Has anyone else this problem or is there something I am missing or doing incorrectly.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jjbcollectables View Post
    I use Ninja lister extensively. The items I list for sale are postage stamps, with many catagories and sub catagories. I have no problems with the many daily uploads I do. A major annoyance is that after arranging the folders in Ninja lister in alphabetic order and then closing the lister down with backup; on reopening the folders are again in non alphabetic random order. Has anyone else this problem or is there something I am missing or doing incorrectly.
    Firstly, I'll admit that I don't use Ninja Lister.

However, just tried what you described:

• Created three folder - cc, bb, and aa
    • Dragged each to arrange them in aa, bb, cc order.
    • Closed Ninja Lister and responded affirmative to creating a backup.
    • Restarted Ninja Lister after it had completed the backup and exited.

Folder were still in the order aa, bb, cc.

So, unless I have misunderstood what you are doing, I am not seeing the problem you describe.
    Last edited by astral276; 3rd April 2015 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Typo: Ninja (not Minja - which sounds a bit rude).

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 2strgaz2 View Post
    Hi! I'm a newbie, fired by eBay. So far, I LOVE eBid. I actually got all my listings that I created on Auctiva to transfer to Turbo Lister, then off to Ninja, AND most up to eBid! Wow! A few questions:

1. Is there a users manual for Ninja?
    2. How do I tell on Ninja what listings have listed and what ones I still need to do?
    3. I think I inadvertently uploaded duplicate listings. Is there a way to find them, short of going through each one?
    4. Is there a way to add listings to a store if the listings were created prior to the store?
    5. The listings that aren't uploading are showing a message that says "Please check the auction, make sure that the image files exist." When I preview the listing all the pix are there. I'm sure it's something about the code. How can I fix it?
    1. The only 'manual' that I am aware of is at post #1 of this thread: http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...-Auctions-Help

2. I don't think you can.

3. Not easy. If eBid do not delete them (as it should) then displaying your listings sorted by title (http://uk.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?mo=...llery&sort=1-0) and looking for duplicates may be your best bet.

4. You can edit individual listings to move them to a store, edit them in Ninja Lister and upload with the Action set to Add/Overwrite, or use Bulk Edit.

5. Pass on that - not enough info to know what is going on.

Forum Newbie
    View 2strgaz2's Feedback (+4037)
    All-About 2strgaz2
    View 2strgaz2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you astral for assistance. All help is appreciated!

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Found a bug with the Ninja Lister? Add your query here.
    I've just downloaded NL 1.26, done a few new listings and noticed that under Payment methods

BACS/Bank Transfer & Other/See Description are greyed out and untickable - AND Google Checkout is ticked automatically before I even add my preferences.

As these are options I use for every listing, why are they no longer available in Ninja Lister, but ARE available if I prepare/edit a new listing online?

Please can you sort this soonest as I don't want to have to back into each and every new listing to add my preferred payment options - particularly on my Charity listings.

Thank you.

Thread Information