My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: To those bemoaning poor or no sales

Default To those bemoaning poor or no sales

Last night and this morning I did a few quick looks at a couple of sites I have formerly been on. The greedy one and an Aussie one.

Looked through the first 3 pages of items listed on both sites of items similar to what I have listed on here in both my stores items. Out of a total of 9 pages only 9 items had bids. Now the greedy one would only be seven day listings and these tems were finishing within minutes to 23 hours. I noticed too that the ones with bids were so low priced it would impossible to make any money out of them. so a lot of people are getting stung out there right now.

Also did a sticky beak on my friends completed listings for last 15 days on greedybay and out of 15 listings only one sold and I know they had been relisted and then unsold so that is 29 x minimum of $1.59 she has paid in March. (she has not got anything listed atm I think she is licking her wounds)

So whilst I am still awaiting a sale on here I do believe we are in the box seat. I have paid my lifetime subscription so have nothing to lose and everything to gain when sales start rolling in. They will, so all you good folks just hang in and promote this site
    https://sew-much-to-see.ebid.net
    https://dellswear.ebid.net
    https://the-dolls-boutique.ebid.net

Forum Newbie
    All-About myfatherstoys
    View myfatherstoys's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am also a disgruntled greedybayer...lol love that one! Just listed my 1st item on here. I've sold nearly 2000 toys from my late father's collection on there in the last year. I hope to put that site in the past as well. Best of luck to these people!!!
    Is it permissible to reference my user name from that other site so that potential customers on here can see my great feedback in order to promote sales until I establish some feedback on this site? After all, it's not like they never heard of the other site. I intend to refer all my regulars to this site, and have email addys for hundreds.

View foxescome's Feedback (+2076)
    All-About foxescome
    View foxescome's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default I have paid my lifetime subscription so have nothing to lose and everything to gain w

Exactly!

That's my thoughts and in the meantime I have had some sales on eBid Am pleasantly surprised..

myfatherstoys

You can if you wish import your feedback to eBid through a webste called repatoo (or repattoo) anyway something like that.

Have a look at my 'about me page and feedback and you will see I did it, I think it has helped with trust to the new buyers I have had
    Irene

For Everything a Girl Could Want
    Skincare, Perfumes, Purses & Handbags.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Reeniay-Girls

I

View bluejypsy's Feedback (+618)
    All-About bluejypsy
    View bluejypsy's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am with you all the way Mommabear. I put some auctions up on tuther side last week as it was free listing over two days and that is the only time I will sell over there. Out of all my listings so far I have sold only 1 item (good priced one though). I dread to think how much it would have cost me had I had to pay.
    I know there are those who think we should not use other sites but my way of thinking is that for each item that is sold elsewhere there is a potential customer that could come over here as long as we give them a nudge in the right direction. I always place an invitation to Ebid in each parcel & offer a discount on their first order with me.
    As you say, it is slow everywhere, online & off and I really think we just have to wait for the tide to turn.

Special items for that special little person in your life.

Click here to visit Blue's Homemade Goodies.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Mommabears place

I tend to agree with you about that greedy place.
    I got very few views there compared to the main site in New Zealand - Trademe. NZ has only 4 million people. So i was expecting lots of sales and views on ebay.

But I got very few views and only a few sales before I relialised that it was costing me too much to list and re-list. So I came here.

Not many sales yet, but the people are nice.

What a sensible OP - all too often people seem to forget the levels of re-listing fees on e**y. I too keep an eye on the "competition" on e**y France and have noticed the same - very few bids and sales there as well. Prices there have escalated considerably too. I have never sold on e**y France but seeing some of the high prices of the fabrics there recently I thought maybe I should give it a go as mine is so much cheaper - but then having worked out how much it would cost me in fees and the difficulty of factoring in the unknown quantity of how many times it would need re-listing before selling I decided not to bother! I figured that my prices would have to rise considerably . I'll stick with eBid.

Forum Lurker
    View fhlangan's Feedback (+481)
    All-About fhlangan
    View fhlangan's Listings
    Forum Posts

I know there are those who think we should not use other sites but my way of thinking is that for each item that is sold elsewhere there is a potential customer that could come over here as long as we give them a nudge in the right direction.
    My thinking exactly, bluejypsy. I have gone 'over there' this week and so far have bids on 4 items. I regard these as 4 future customers here because if they get good service from me then they are more likely to 'discover' here if I can get them clicking the right buttons. I had a question from someone over there this week and I mentioned ebid in my answer - she replied 'what is ebid please? I don't want to miss anything!'

Naturally, I was only too happy to enlighten her.

There are still a lot of people out there who have never even heard of us.

Thread Information