My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We make our own Luck :)

Sorry but I dont believe it. That is I do believe it is partly true and it can certainly be very effective in your life BUT it isnt literally true. I mean if we all controlled our own fate then there would be no accidents and no victims. And if we made our own reality.... well what if my reality included the belief that I could fly off a tall building?

Dont mean to be a wet blanket but I just dont think this is true "“We make our own realities, our own fate, and our own luck! That, is how powerful we are, and that, is how powerful YOU are.”......MIKE DOOLEY"

I think it should be more like "Much that we do and say can help us to make our own realities, our own fate, and our own luck! That, is how powerful we are, and that, is how powerful YOU are.”

Although there is a lot we can do to improve our lot on this earth we do not and will never have complete control over our lives and what happens - there are just too many other factors involved.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

'Dont mean to be a wet blanket but I just dont think this is true "“We make our own realities, our own fate, and our own luck! That, is how powerful we are, and that, is how powerful YOU are.”......MIKE DOOLEY"'

I think our individual understanding of making our own reality is different...depending on where we are at.

I believe that whatever energy level we are at...we attract things on the same level.

So...that is why people who tend to behave as though they expect 'good luck' get that...

Accidents happen to anyone who resonates at the same level needed to attract an accident....that is how it works for me.

Forum Lurker
    View oaktreesports's Feedback (+151)
    All-About oaktreesports
    View oaktreesports's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    'Dont mean to be a wet blanket but I just dont think this is true "“We make our own realities, our own fate, and our own luck! That, is how powerful we are, and that, is how powerful YOU are.”......MIKE DOOLEY"'

I think our individual understanding of making our own reality is different...depending on where we are at.

I believe that whatever energy level we are at...we attract things on the same level.

So...that is why people who tend to behave as though they expect 'good luck' get that...

Accidents happen to anyone who resonates at the same level needed to attract an accident....that is how it works for me.

I've observed pretty much the same thing. Of course that also means that our reality isn't very real or solid and depends on our focus. According to Carlos Castaneda we have to give up our belief system to
    give power to out focus.

Default Re: We make our own Luck :)

I believe some people have luck and others do not. I think IMO that "luck" is
    the result of the efforts we put into life - the efforts we do not expecting anything in
    return. If we give freely of our abilities and serves others; things seem to fall into
    place and life is smooth and opportunities find us. The tensions and problems surface
    when we go against the grain of what we are capable of doing. I think being
    grateful also goes a long way in creating the atmosphere for "luck" to follow us!

I think it very much depends on how one defines "luck" and whether that definition is the same for all of us or whether we all have our own version.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    I think it very much depends on how one defines "luck" and whether that definition is the same for all of us or whether we all have our own version.
    Agree.

Luck - also "good fortune"; "blessed"; "chance"; "choice"; "fate"; "success" and probably many others based on a person's perception, beliefs, and other factors.

I believe we all can choose from various roads among life's pathways. Choices have consequences, so in some ways we do "make our own "luck" or "fate", etc.

Also believe that "chance" or "fate" can happen to us all; and that we are not in control of all things.

Have also seen evidence that a person can attract positive or negative forces by their words, thoughts, or actions.

So many ways to see the same thing.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I often say, and have said to me, that I am very lucky to live in Cornwall. I was chatting with friends who feel the same way the other day, and we agreed that we'd all made choices and worked hard and done a lot of difficult stuff along the way that ended up with us being here. Not one of us had been given a "winning ticket to live in Cornwall" at any stage. I decided that "we're fortunate to be able to live in Cornwall" was more accurate, but rather cumbersome!

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I often say, and have said to me, that I am very lucky to live in Cornwall. I was chatting with friends who feel the same way the other day, and we agreed that we'd all made choices and worked hard and done a lot of difficult stuff along the way that ended up with us being here. Not one of us had been given a "winning ticket to live in Cornwall" at any stage. I decided that "we're fortunate to be able to live in Cornwall" was more accurate, but rather cumbersome!
    This is the kind of luck that people who consider themselves lucky manifest.

During Richard Wiseman's research into what makes people lucky he found that people who considered themselves lucky behaved differently from people who didn't consider themselves lucky.

The 'lucky' group tended to see opportunities where other people didn't and the way they viewed life was different to.

One example he used was the situation of finding yourself in a bank when a bank robber turned up and the subject of the hypothetical situation got shot in the leg.

The 'unlucky' person commented that they would think that it was typical that they would be the one that got shot. One of the 'lucky' people said that it could have been worse as they could have been shot in the head. One person in the 'lucky' group went one step further and said they would write a book about the situation and make lots of money..lol

Thread Information