eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Buyers not paying??

Wink Words Of Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by bluejypsy View Post
    Never seen a bid?? Well take a look here and you will see one 26692595.
    There are bids being place on eBid but many people like BIN so in those cases you won't see them. There is no point bleating about lack of sale instead you should think "What can "I" do to encourage sales".
    Good Luck
    Thank you for your subjective input. I believe that an objective review of my individual feedback, far in excess of 4 figures over more than a decade, would provide evidence of buyer acceptance. I'm also very familiar with BIN buyer habits. When one offers certified numismatic PM items at less than melt value, appreciably less than dealer buy price, the question is what can be sold, not where can it be sold. I've just tried to offer commodities which are of international interest, at less than any other offering price, to determine "local (site/clientele) interest". I did locate an auction (27351687) which offers a similar commodity to my offerings, at currently ~5% of its' market value, placed a bid to stimulate interest, and was immediately outbid, so I know there is limited interest on this site. I just need to determine how much loss one must sustain to develop acceptance of PM commodities on this site. Thanks again for your words of wisdom, guidance, and encouragement.

Default Let's Remove Non-paying Bidders

Quote Originally Posted by florida33549 View Post
    Julie, Sorry to hear you are having such problems. I've had a few non-payers but not recently. Change your feedback to a negative so others will know buyer was a no pay. Let ebid support know what's going on [link below] and see if they can do anything about the negative left for you. You did your part, buyer did not. Hope this helps.
    I trust you'll pardon my frustration, as an old man liquidating his estate, I've tried this site to stimulate sales for Precious Metal coins at a wholesale price. I've listed numerous items that are easily sold elsewhere at a greater price, selling a couple items, as a "loss leader", far below wholesale. When I finally get a wholesale buyer who closes my auction, he doesn't respond to 6 inquires over a 4 week period. I know from past experience that negative/neutral feedback begets negative feedback, so that isn't an option.

Is there anyway to petition for removal of ANY buyer that closes an auction, and does not pay? I believe there is no reason to allow these buyers to remain, destroying the efforts of sellers with impunity. I see this problem is common, and I currently see no mechanism to address same.

Quote Originally Posted by poorrichardstuff View Post
    I trust you'll pardon my frustration, as an old man liquidating his estate, I've tried this site to stimulate sales for Precious Metal coins at a wholesale price. I've listed numerous items that are easily sold elsewhere at a greater price, selling a couple items, as a "loss leader", far below wholesale. When I finally get a wholesale buyer who closes my auction, he doesn't respond to 6 inquires over a 4 week period. I know from past experience that negative/neutral feedback begets negative feedback, so that isn't an option.

Is there anyway to petition for removal of ANY buyer that closes an auction, and does not pay? I believe there is no reason to allow these buyers to remain, destroying the efforts of sellers with impunity. I see this problem is common, and I currently see no mechanism to address same.
    If anyone received 2 negs in a row, their account is automatically put on hold & reviewed by support
    So if you have a non paying bidder, you need to leave, accurate feedback for them, if you want support to do something about it.
    If in return you receive tit for tat, negative feedback, you can ask support to review & possibly remove it.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

View luvintage's Feedback (+468)
    All-About luvintage
    View luvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

yes, it's true that on the other site negativity begets negativity(even when it's deserved) and there isn't much recourse.

eBid acutally seems to LIKE its sellers and seems to offer much more support. This is one of those areas where we need to need think differently when using this site.
    Welcome to all of our eBid shops.

If you haven't already registered on Ebid, PLEASE CLICK HERE! Registering is FAST, EASY and FREE!

http://baubles-bangles-and-beads.ebid.net/

On AAL, send 2 payment reminders [24 hours apart], send NPB on AAL, leave appropriate feedback, and then contact ebid support for reimbursement of your fees. Don't worry about negative feedback. If you receive it from an NPB, contact ebid support and ask if it's possible to have it removed.

Also, did you try contacting buyer via their email address directly? You can find their email address at the bottom of the sold auction page.

Hope this helps. Hang in there.

Quote Originally Posted by DealDepot View Post
    About half of my winners decide not to follow through.. .. I cannot even figure out how to get my final value fees back. - Can anyone help me there? Maybe I am just in a lousy mood right now- but this is discouraging and I find all this invoice/messages/log stuff difficult to navigate.
    Another new seller said similiar things. Some feature in the listings requires buyer contact them for info before sale is closed. Both of you say buyers are dumping you. That is the problem, buyers do not have info they need (postage, or have to select shipping method), and it is troublesome to close the sale that way for them. Remember these are NOT feebay shoppers who are used to that kind of closing, these are google shoppers, many want to just buy and pay. Both of you prevent that.

Another thing I noticed with your listings is that you are still running listings with Feebay mentioned, and listing very tough terms, no returns, pay fast or else, and the shoppers we get here do not like that. The tough stuff makes the google shoppers pass you by too. Especially the no returns. What if it is damaged? You put in wrong size? Too risky to buy from you. I take returns for any reason and the shipping is negotiable depending on circumstances. I get lots of sales and very very few returns.

All those things make people uneasy, so rewriting your terms might be a start to getting more sales. I think you items are really cute, the hoodies are great, price high, but more upscale hoodies do run a bit higher. Look for more hints in forums for selling/marketing your items here.

Don't be discouraged, you must cater to a new set of buyers, and you have not given your listings the tweeks needed to do that. Once you make those changes (like we all did), the sales will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    If anyone received 2 negs in a row, their account is automatically put on hold & reviewed by support
    So if you have a non paying bidder, you need to leave, accurate feedback for them, if you want support to do something about it.
    If in return you receive tit for tat, negative feedback, you can ask support to review & possibly remove it.
    Yes guilty as charged. I never wanted to neg anyone when I first came here, so if they did not pay, I just forgot about it. Let it go. Then I saw, as did other members, that people were coming on to scam, and were not getting stopped by the process ebid has for handling nonpayers. Had I only given the neg or negs, they would have been shut down and reviewed earlier. What is the use of being nice to these strangers, if it hurts other sellers in the pocketbook?

I follow thru every time now. Give them plenty of time to pay, but follow thru completely (neg, report as nonpayer, etc) on each one. We don't need them here.

Also remembers that no ebid feedback is final. All can be changed. So if problem gets worked out, ebid will check the neg to pos is shortorder. No harm done.

Abertillery, Blaenau Gwent, United Kingdom
    View jane6905's Feedback (+195)
    All-About jane6905
    View jane6905's Listings
    Forum Posts

I had a negative left for me on here for none payment, even though i had done everything in my power to pay:- he had listed an auction for 72 days, I didn't notice that he was using the auction to advertise his business....

when after 3month waiting and I had bought the same thing at a fraction of what he was charging, he eventually asked neigh demanded I pay, I responded with a not likely sun beam... he as I said left negative.. Ebid however removed said negative as the AAL showed that I had messaged him, I also noted on there when I had phoned and left messages... and used the website he was advertising (which again I couldn't pay on!)...

They are reasonable people who will look after buyers and seller's alike (unlike the dark side who are greedy mother hubbards!)

Leave your negative because we need to know exactly what kind of seller this person is! Please do us a favour,

Janey

Thread Information