Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Buyers not paying??

Question A Common Problem?

Quote Originally Posted by pawtasticpet View Post
    Hi all,

This is getting very discouraging! The last few sells I had resulted in no actual sales.

One was an auction for a clearly marked sized 4x12 item priced at $1.29 ea, buyer bought 2. I sent an email asking what shipping method so I can combine ship cost. A few days later, buyer responds with "I don't want them, I thought I was getting a quantity of 12 each" (at $1.29??). I responded that they were sold as each, not a pack of 12. He responds several days later with "I don't want them". So I left him neutral feedback and an unpaid strike so I can get my fee back. He sends me a nasty email cussing at me and leaves me negative feedback.

Then, I sell another item with 2 available, sent an email asking what shipping/payment method... Buyer responds that they want *5* and ground shipping. So I order 3 more in so I can fill her order, send her an email back, and send a PayPal invoice with 5 of the items and $5 shipping (5 weigh over a pound). No response. I send her a payment reminder via PayPal and EBid, no response. I emailed her asking if she had received the PayPal invoice. No response... I'm giving her another week and then will have to decide what to do, and I'm stuck with 3 more items, argh!

I am so frustrated... Is this common for people to bid and not pay? Or am I just having a run of bad luck?
    I had the same problem, where a bidder won the auction, and I've invoiced twice, and sent messages, without a response. Although I've placed numerous auctions without ever receiving a bid, and viewed many auctions, never seeing a bid, someone winning an auction is new territory. I updated to lifetime seller+ hoping that there truly wouldn't be fees, auctions could be imported, and communications might be allowed, but I perceive no apparent difference. I've generated a contract with a buyer, should be provided with internet communication direct access, and don't want to submit correspondence through a system which doesn't provide copies of transmittals, or allow queries about concerns/problems. You've indicated that e-mails were sent, how did you obtain an e-mail address for the buyer?

Quote Originally Posted by poorrichardstuff View Post
    I had the same problem, where a bidder won the auction, and I've invoiced twice, and sent messages, without a response. Although I've placed numerous auctions without ever receiving a bid, and viewed many auctions, never seeing a bid, someone winning an auction is new territory. I updated to lifetime seller+ hoping that there truly wouldn't be fees, auctions could be imported, and communications might be allowed, but I perceive no apparent difference. I've generated a contract with a buyer, should be provided with internet communication direct access, and don't want to submit correspondence through a system which doesn't provide copies of transmittals, or allow queries about concerns/problems. You've indicated that e-mails were sent, how did you obtain an e-mail address for the buyer?

If you sell an item, the buyer's email address is at the bottom of the auction page.

Thumbs up Thanks For The Info!!

Quote Originally Posted by florida33549 View Post
    If you sell an item, the buyer's email address is at the bottom of the auction page.
    DUH!! With your help, I've now sent an inquiry to the buyer, who may also have had problems determining procedures for completing auction efforts. Thanks for your consideration/efforts.

Rich

DUH!! With your help, I've now sent an inquiry to the buyer, who may also have had problems determining procedures for completing auction efforts. Thanks for your consideration/efforts.

Rich
    You're very welcome.

About half of my winners decide not to follow through.. .. I cannot even figure out how to get my final value fees back. - Can anyone help me there? Maybe I am just in a lousy mood right now- but this is discouraging and I find all this invoice/messages/log stuff difficult to navigate.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DealDepot View Post
    About half of my winners decide not to follow through.. .. I cannot even figure out how to get my final value fees back. - Can anyone help me there? Maybe I am just in a lousy mood right now- but this is discouraging and I find all this invoice/messages/log stuff difficult to navigate.
    http://www.ebidhelp.com/ebidfaq.htm#npb though I believe the payment reminder requirement has been reduced to 2 now. If anybody has tried and confirmed that, let me know and I'll update.

View bluejypsy's Feedback (+618)
    All-About bluejypsy
    View bluejypsy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    http://www.ebidhelp.com/ebidfaq.htm#npb though I believe the payment reminder requirement has been reduced to 2 now. If anybody has tried and confirmed that, let me know and I'll update.
    I have Kim and yes, two is now is all you need to send.

Special items for that special little person in your life.

Click here to visit Blue's Homemade Goodies.

View bluejypsy's Feedback (+618)
    All-About bluejypsy
    View bluejypsy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Never seen a bid?? Well take a look here and you will see one 26692595.
    There are bids being place on eBid but many people like BIN so in those cases you won't see them. There is no point bleating about lack of sale instead you should think "What can "I" do to encourage sales".
    Good Luck

Special items for that special little person in your life.

Click here to visit Blue's Homemade Goodies.

I agree it is 2 payment reminders only, and a NPB mark can be made straight after the 2nd one has been sent

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks chums! Will get that updated pronto.

Thread Information