eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is handmade in titles a turnoff?

Forum Lurker
    View amollenh's Feedback (+112)
    All-About amollenh
    View amollenh's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Is handmade in titles a turnoff?

I've been making clothes etc. I have a cute purse and a shirt I just made that I want to list. Should I say in the title "Handmade tailored shirt" and "Handmade Purse"? Or am I best off just saying "Tailored Shirt", and "Purse"? or maybe, just maybe I could get away with saying "Hollie Purse" or Hollie Tailored Shirt" ? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by amollenh View Post
    I've been making clothes etc. I have a cute purse and a shirt I just made that I want to list. Should I say in the title "Handmade tailored shirt" and "Handmade Purse"? Or am I best off just saying "Tailored Shirt", and "Purse"? or maybe, just maybe I could get away with saying "Hollie Purse" or Hollie Tailored Shirt" ? Thanks.
    Hi, what about saying unique tailored shirt. then say you made it in the description.

Forum Lurker
    All-About amollenh
    View amollenh's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cathyscraftybits View Post
    Hi, what about saying unique tailored shirt. then say you made it in the description.
    Good idea. I'm just afraid that buyers fear "I made it" type of thing. There's that OTHER site for handmade items, which is overwhelmed with expensive puppets and all. What do you say to labeling? Something like "Label name tailored shirt". I'm just thinking that people don't really come here for handmade stuff. Would you think it wrong if I put it as my own label without saying handmade? Or should that be something I should disclose? Thanks for replying BTW.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have got some items for sale that I made. I don't put it in the title, but it is in the discription. As the title should contain the key search words, I don't know if handmade would be helpful there. And be proud of your skills

I have my own lable. Ive been making my own items for years and sell using my own lable. I have not been here long im still putting my closed village shop stock on. I hope to get my own items on soon so ill be hoping like you that folk trust my sewing and standard of work to buy here. I sold and got orders when I sold in my village shop but they could see before they buy. Its different on the net, try different ways and see how many looks you get.

Forum Lurker
    All-About amollenh
    View amollenh's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cathyscraftybits View Post
    I have my own lable. Ive been making my own items for years and sell using my own lable. I have not been here long im still putting my closed village shop stock on. I hope to get my own items on soon so ill be hoping like you that folk trust my sewing and standard of work to buy here. I sold and got orders when I sold in my village shop but they could see before they buy. Its different on the net, try different ways and see how many looks you get.
    Cathy, I had to get those patterns.

Forum Lurker
    All-About amollenh
    View amollenh's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    I have got some items for sale that I made. I don't put it in the title, but it is in the discription. As the title should contain the key search words, I don't know if handmade would be helpful there. And be proud of your skills
    I think auction style sites frown on handmade handcrafted items. The OTHER E site popped up years ago and is simply flooded with over expensive American Made items now. I can't stand it. Plus it's inundated with bored housewives. Not to offend, but I was booed off for listing a charcoal drawing of a pelican that was too close to a mermaids "vagina". Umm whatever. They called it a fowl double headed dildo. Unbelievable. They had many many threads on this one stupid listing! I found out about their stupid posts through a blog I was visiting.

You do not have to put them in auction you can ues buy it now. I think there are alway folk looking for something different. If the price is right. There seems to be more buyers coming on every day. Give it some time and take a chance. Good luck ill be watching for tips.

Forum Lurker
    View oaktreesports's Feedback (+151)
    All-About oaktreesports
    View oaktreesports's Listings
    Forum Posts

How about "Custom Made". That always seems to look impressive.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I love things to be handmade, it's a plus point for me.

Thread Information