Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new on ebid, auction removed for Rolex watch

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by terry5732 View Post
    So in your mind,
    1877 Indian Head Cent and 1900 Indian Head Cent are the same thing?
    Even two of the same year may not be able to be classed as identical. Particularly with used items condition becomes a unique attribute. There may also be other factors such as mint identification, markings, errors, etc.

You have to use those unique attributes somehow in the title to prevent the robot seeing them as identical.

In an ideal world people would simply abide by eBid's rule and there would be no need for these sometimes clumsy robots that can get it wrong occasionally, or make listing unique items difficult. The sad fact is that there are always those who either simply ignore rules (as they apply to everyone but them) or think themselves very clever in getting around a rule. As so ofen in this world the majority must suffer for the selfish actions of a minority.

Terry I have the same problem..Trying to be inventive with the titles especially when it comes to my toppers which are different but are hard to explain without using a description you have used for another listing! luckily if i start typing something i have done before it comes up in the drop down so i slightly change the wording

So am i allowed to put lot 1 lot 2 etc same style but may be slightly different as in pattern or colour??
    Last edited by Craft4aquid; 3rd May 2010 at 09:57 AM.

http://craft4apound.ebid.net
    Craft Items Mainly £1 or less!

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Craft4aquid View Post
    Terry I have the same problem..Trying to be inventive with the titles especially when it comes to my toppers which are different but are hard to explain without using a description you have used for another listing! luckily if i start typing something i have done before it comes up in the drop down so i slightly change the wording

So am i allowed to put lot 1 lot 2 etc same style but may be slightly different as in pattern or colour??
    Yes, as long as it is done to work within the rule and not to circumvent the rule.

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Craft4aquid View Post
    I have the same problem..Trying to be inventive with the titles especially when it comes to my toppers which are different but are hard to explain without using a description you have used for another listing! luckily if i start typing something i have done before it comes up in the drop down so i slightly change the wording

Yes!

I have had the same problem....esp. with craft items

It's just a personal choice, but I like to use the phrase "design 1" etc. I think it sounds more professional than "lot"

Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

Smile help!

cant get my head around business accounts. i sell mostly second hand goods like kids clothes and toys etc, and am currently an individual account i would like to consider setting up as a business,not sure yet as theres so much i dont understand. do i have to pay taxes and vat on second hand goods like mine. how do i set up? what happens if i click business account on my registration page to upgrade from individual account? where does it take me next. please someone help me again! thankyou

in short yes to taxes and no to vat... unless your turnover is above the vat threshold which is £70000... you would probably also have to register as self employed if you want to set up as a business... and keep full accounts for the tax man to inspect if they want to
    Last edited by somersethedge; 3rd May 2010 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silverpilchard View Post
    cant get my head around business accounts. i sell mostly second hand goods like kids clothes and toys etc, and am currently an individual account i would like to consider setting up as a business,not sure yet as theres so much i dont understand. do i have to pay taxes and vat on second hand goods like mine. how do i set up? what happens if i click business account on my registration page to upgrade from individual account? where does it take me next. please someone help me again! thankyou
    Changing your status from individual to business on eBid, will only do that, you just need to fill in your business name, & address.

It doesn't set of alarm bells at the tax office & have inspectors arrive on your doorstep.

The other steps you need to take like registering as self-employed etc, need to be taken by you.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Smile great

thanks for your help both of you,will look into it

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by silverpilchard View Post
    thanks for your help both of you,will look into it
    This link may be useful: http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/startingup/index.htm

unless you have a lot to sell it might not be worth the hassle... but only you know if it is worth it

Thread Information