4 10.81%
  • i decline to vote

6 16.22%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: election 2010

Quote Originally Posted by hypn0t0ad View Post
    The future of political debates BNP style:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politi...nd/8663681.stm

This made me laugh today, http://uk.news.yahoo.com/elections/n...ation/19759643

The BNP is in meltdown, it's funny that it was arguments within the National Front which caused people to leave and form the BNP and now it's looking like history may repeat itself and members may leave the BNP and form yet another group.
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Mention eBid if you add me on FaceBook or Twitter so I know where you are from.

I maintain that no-one should be allowed anywhere near a polling booth until they have taken a course which teaches them basically what each party stands for, and also drills home the message that all newspapers have a political leaning and a biased political agenda. Only when they pass this exam do they have the right to vote.
    http://im1.ebidst.com/upload_banner/booksforsale_61768.jpg

Booksforsale For Vintage Homewares and New & Secondhand Books

Main Store - Click Here

Join ebid here

Quote Originally Posted by Booksandstuff View Post
    You missed out one option - "I can't vote because I am not a British national".
    Same here. But for the 1st time I have looked at the election system here and was truly amazed to see that really it all gets down to the 3 parties as the others are not represented everywhere and will never get a chance to get in no. 10. Also the fact that even if one party got more voters voting for them they may not get in either because it is all based on who get the maximum voters per "district" and as there are not the same amount of people in each of those the figures are not really reflecting what people really want. Well this is how it looks from an outsiders point of view. Very strange...
    Caroline

Just click on the following link to see my auctions.
    http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/main.c...er&go=%A0Go%A0

View cailesm's Feedback (+1053)
    All-About cailesm
    View cailesm's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by booksforsale View Post
    I maintain that no-one should be allowed anywhere near a polling booth until they have taken a course which teaches them basically what each party stands for, and also drills home the message that all newspapers have a political leaning and a biased political agenda. Only when they pass this exam do they have the right to vote.
    I totally agree with this. Just because, for example, you think that Nick Clegg seems cool is not a reason to vote Liberal Democrats.

View cailesm's Feedback (+1053)
    All-About cailesm
    View cailesm's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cpeuf1 View Post
    Same here. But for the 1st time I have looked at the election system here and was truly amazed to see that really it all gets down to the 3 parties as the others are not represented everywhere and will never get a chance to get in no. 10. Also the fact that even if one party got more voters voting for them they may not get in either because it is all based on who get the maximum voters per "district" and as there are not the same amount of people in each of those the figures are not really reflecting what people really want. Well this is how it looks from an outsiders point of view. Very strange...
    Regarding the fact that each "district" or "constituancy" have different numbers of voters - this is something the Conservative Party have promised to sort out. Regarding the other issue, our voting system in the UK (whichever candidate gets more votes than the other candidates in a constituancy wins) usually produces a strong government - although what happens this time remains to be seen.

Rotherham, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View PATRIOT73's Feedback (+173)
    All-About PATRIOT73
    View PATRIOT73's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PATRIOT73 View Post
    poll closed..........hung parliment
    in the werds of harry hill[in yorkshire]

REYT!!!!!!!!!!!!
    opz edit

FEYT!!!!!!!!
    "WALKING IS DEFINITELY OVERRATED"