eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: If i leave neg feedback as a seller ...

Forum Lurker
    View amollenh's Feedback (+112)
    All-About amollenh
    View amollenh's Listings
    Forum Posts

I wouldn't buy from any seller that left a neg especially for something so dumb. My advice isn't like yours because, guess what, like you I have an opinion. Sorry. Like I said, that's how I roll. OP can do whatever. We are all different and I for one don't sell the way you do obviously. Anyway, good luck. I'm out of this one.

Quote Originally Posted by amollenh View Post
    I wouldn't buy from any seller that left a neg especially for something so dumb. My advice isn't like yours because, guess what, like you I have an opinion. Sorry. Like I said, that's how I roll. OP can do whatever. We are all different and I for one don't sell the way you do obviously. Anyway, good luck. I'm out of this one.
    One size fits few of us. Best to look at each case instead of saying you never will neg anyone. Someone will someday play so many games on you that you crack and give them a neg. It happens.

I only gave out a few when buyers bought and vanished. Keeps them from doing it again and again. And if a scammer comes in, that is only way to stop them. My incentive is that I don't want to see other people cheated. If I find a cheat I report them.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    I only gave out a few when buyers bought and vanished. Keeps them from doing it again and again. And if a scammer comes in, that is only way to stop them. My incentive is that I don't want to see other people cheated. If I find a cheat I report them.
    Quite. It's not about having a fragile ego, or being spiteful or whatever the other poster was suggesting, it's about protecting the community from hoaxers and con artists. If nobody ever acted upon buyers' poor performance, they'd be free to run amok wrecking auctions forever. Negs here can be reversed if the buyer pops up later and says sorry, my cat got hiccoughs or whatever, so honest buyers are easily straightened out, while anybody hoping to indulge their hobby of mucking about and jerking sellers' chains will find their activities quickly curtailed.

Abertillery, Blaenau Gwent, United Kingdom
    View jane6905's Feedback (+195)
    All-About jane6905
    View jane6905's Listings
    Forum Posts

I dont think that writing up a listing, getting the photographs, storing the item, weighing, measuring etc etc which takes up MY time, and MY effort to do so is not worthy of some respect!

If someone bid's they should pay... it is a legally binding contract (here in the UK anyway), AND if the buyer doesn't pay, the could in theory be taken to court for None Payment.

So yeah, neg them... on the other site, I have had tooo many none payers, all i am afraid to say are from USA, and where on there can I leave negative after I have sent message after message after message... No Where so all we are able to do is leave pos, and hope that people read it....

JMO

Cambuslang, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View KAYS6912's Feedback (+245)
    All-About KAYS6912
    View KAYS6912's Listings
    Forum Posts

You're right - everybody has an opinion and what's more, everyone is ENTITLED to their opinion. But one of those NPB's I had last week did the same thing THREE TIMES to another Seller AFTER me - and they, like me, gave Neg feedback. If people who bid with no intention of paying are allowed to go unchecked, it could cause a helluva lot of problems. I don't really like giving negative feedback - but it has to be done. If someone has had a genuine problem, I would have no hesitation in contacting eBid support to have Neg feedback removed.
    Nancy
    Ceud měle f?*ilte!
    ‘A hundred thousand welcomes!’

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BARGAIN-BROWSER

GENERAL STORE

Quote Originally Posted by jane6905 View Post
    I dont think that writing up a listing, getting the photographs, storing the item, weighing, measuring etc etc which takes up MY time, and MY effort to do so is not worthy of some respect!

If someone bid's they should pay... it is a legally binding contract (here in the UK anyway), AND if the buyer doesn't pay, the could in theory be taken to court for None Payment.

So yeah, neg them... on the other site, I have had tooo many none payers, all i am afraid to say are from USA, and where on there can I leave negative after I have sent message after message after message... No Where so all we are able to do is leave pos, and hope that people read it....

JMO
    That is a good point, it is about respect. Notice how quickly the balance tipped when feebay sellers lost ability to give negs. Relationship, respect, between buyers and sellers changed, and deteriorated within months.

When there is a problem we have to try hard to solve it. When it can't be solved, then it is time to issue a negative to summarize the transaction for other members. And it is not set in stone, negs can be reversed if the situation works out.

Forum Newbie
    View kcwillig's Feedback (+7)
    All-About kcwillig
    View kcwillig's Listings
    Forum Posts

I need help. I had 2 pos. feedbacks and started selling. My 1st sale was unreal. Purchased on weekend and paid. Started emailing me @ 4:13AM Monday wanting tracking-which wasn't included or mentioned. I placed the order (dropship) Mon morning and added tracking. Almost every hr or so he contacted me. I replied to several but by Tues morning my emails from him exceeded 21 ( I just stopped counting) I emailed again and explained that it would be later that day before I had tracking info (remember he didn't pay for it). So, on Tuesday, he disputed with Paypal, less than 48hrs. from sale which by their rules he couldn't do, wasn't enough time. Tuesday night I begged warehouse to find order and not ship-Wed morn they said that they had stopped shipment. He had already left neg feedback 4am Wed morning. His feedback is over pos 500+ had to be transferred so I checked on eBay and he is not a registered user AND neither are several people he purchased from, one was a powerseller he had bought lots of used panties from her, etc. with very inappropriate feedback comments.
    I received 8 emails from Paypal when he disputed-they don't send out the same email every min 8 times, pressing the send button 8 times might do it?
    I feel like a lamb to the slaughter. I think he's nuts and this was deliberate, nothing against me personally but to knock out competition for a fellow seller, something-I don't know. How can eBid ignore the TIMES listed for his complaints? Two of them are a min apart. Sure it looks like he emails me and I don't respond, if you don't look at the dates/hrs/mins I prob have 5 emails to him. I do not know how to dispute. I have not left him feedback. Why is feedback allowed if it's been <48hrs?

Quote Originally Posted by kcwillig View Post
    I need help. I had 2 pos. feedbacks and started selling. My 1st sale was unreal. Purchased on weekend and paid. Started emailing me @ 4:13AM Monday wanting tracking-which wasn't included or mentioned. I placed the order (dropship) Mon morning and added tracking. Almost every hr or so he contacted me. I replied to several but by Tues morning my emails from him exceeded 21 ( I just stopped counting) I emailed again and explained that it would be later that day before I had tracking info (remember he didn't pay for it). So, on Tuesday, he disputed with Paypal, less than 48hrs. from sale which by their rules he couldn't do, wasn't enough time. Tuesday night I begged warehouse to find order and not ship-Wed morn they said that they had stopped shipment. He had already left neg feedback 4am Wed morning. His feedback is over pos 500+ had to be transferred so I checked on eBay and he is not a registered user AND neither are several people he purchased from, one was a powerseller he had bought lots of used panties from her, etc. with very inappropriate feedback comments.
    I received 8 emails from Paypal when he disputed-they don't send out the same email every min 8 times, pressing the send button 8 times might do it?
    I feel like a lamb to the slaughter. I think he's nuts and this was deliberate, nothing against me personally but to knock out competition for a fellow seller, something-I don't know. How can eBid ignore the TIMES listed for his complaints? Two of them are a min apart. Sure it looks like he emails me and I don't respond, if you don't look at the dates/hrs/mins I prob have 5 emails to him. I do not know how to dispute. I have not left him feedback. Why is feedback allowed if it's been <48hrs?
    Crazy as a bedbug! I don't blame you feeling like he set you up. he did. I have no doubt he was trying to 1. get a free item 2, get a refund and 3 give you neg so you looked bad.

I have sold for years and when a buyer starts to ask all kinds of questions that boil down to "when did you put that in the mail", my ears perk up. In this case he wanted the tracking number, only available when item is put into mail. They are trying to pull something.

More than 20 emails in one day! What a waste of your time.

Lots of ways to go on this. I would suggest that you close the Paypal case immediately by refunding his money. It will close in minutes. If PP listened to sellers, I would tell them what he pulled, but since they never listen, don't bother.

When you return the money, his transaction with you will show unpaid in ebid. Sort of a stalemate for both of you. You can do a number of things, including filing a non payment with ebid. But he is a little crazy and might try to pay again and start the whole thing with the emails again. If you want to do that, fine, but I think he will send a payment to you. Why pretend you want to do business with him?

So instead, I suggest that since he is so obnoxious, dishonest, he deserves a negative for his little game. I would give him that. I would also notify ebid support just what happened, and would request that his negative to you be removed.

Explain to ebid sale was on weekend (PO closed). You made clear to buyer item would be mailed in 1-3 business days. You decided to include tracking because he was making you uncomfortable asking for it again and again (but did not pay). Then when you were attempting to get it mailed, you noticed he blasted you with 20+ emails, w/ dopey questions, and othen n business day #2 negged you and filed to freeze the funds in PP. You were able to prevent item being mailed. Let them know what you did already, negged, refunded via PP, etc.

You did nothing wrong but sell to a fool. It can be undone, and ebid will help you to clean up this mess. I am sorry this happend to you, but this kind of scam is a growing problem on all online auctions. These people end up with free items, and are counting on you NOT to give them negs either. You are supposed to believe you did something wrong. No you didn't.

Let us know what happens.

Forum Lurker
    View millenniums's Feedback (+4)
    All-About millenniums
    View millenniums's Listings
    Forum Posts

My favorite negative feedback comment: "Would have been a perfect transaction...IF ONLY YOU HAD PAID! Thanks anyway.

Thread Information