eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What car do you drive

Cambuslang, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View KAYS6912's Feedback (+245)
    All-About KAYS6912
    View KAYS6912's Listings
    Forum Posts

Driving my poor husband round the bend is all I drive! Wish I could drive though. It's something I've always wanted to do but never got round to it.
    Nancy
    Ceud mìle f?*ilte!
    ‘A hundred thousand welcomes!’

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BARGAIN-BROWSER

GENERAL STORE

Glasgow, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View ejean9's Feedback (+946)
    All-About ejean9
    View ejean9's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hyundia Gertz..5 year warranty which i never had to use..had it for 6 and a half years now and only 23,000 miles on the clock..if i was buying new..id go for another hyundia

I have two Saturn SL1s. One is a 93 and the other a 96. The 93 has 192k and the 96 has 143k. I've had the 93 for eight years and the 96 for six... I think. I might trade in the 93 when it turns over 200k.

Forum Lurker
    View Triumph7's Feedback (+15)
    All-About Triumph7
    View Triumph7's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by musicbackissues View Post
    I have two Saturn SL1s. One is a 93 and the other a 96. The 93 has 192k and the 96 has 143k. I've had the 93 for eight years and the 96 for six... I think. I might trade in the 93 when it turns over 200k.
    Hi Paul.

I was running and restoring Triumph 2000s for about 27 years up until about 5 years ago.Then I decided to start up my business making and selling S/S parts & accessories for Triumphs, MGBs, Mini's.

I now have a Volvo 940 Wentworth turbo estate in beautiful condition, it's a fantastic motor, so practical. I will certainly stick with Volvo's from now on, so reliable! Bit heavy on juice though, and at £1.22 per litre it's getting to be a very costly game for everyone in the UK.

Cheers (another Paul)

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Stainless-for-classics

Quote Originally Posted by pearlygirl555 View Post
    Okay, not meaning to offend you at all, and bearing in mind that I'm an American who's never seen a Citroen but.....it's a Citroen, right?

Yes - it is a Citroen. Of course I would say it is THE Citroen...

I read an article in Car & Driver magazine about some Citroen collectors here in the states, and some of the goofy things they got up to when too many of them got together in one place. Like a race where your team took a Citroen apart, carried the pieces up a hill and drove down to the finish. And a parade where they dressed the cars up in costumes. The article made the car and the fanciers seem like a bunch of loveable oddballs.

Dressing up a car?? Whoever heard of such a thing!
    Each year the London to Brighton rally has a theme - here is my car's fancy dress for the "Wild West" run when we were "Out from Surrey with a fringe on top"................. - and then I remember the time I made her a tie dye t shirt for the "Flower Power" run.....

Name:  fringe005.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  23.7 KB

Then there are the new boots.... This was ours for the 50th birthday party in Paris for the 2CV in 1998. As you can see Obelisk is wearing the Macdonald tartan for the occasion! Here we are in the Champs Elysee with 2,500 2CVs and bringing Paris to a standstill!

Name:  champs 004.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  20.5 KB

Here's one from Provence...

Name:  giel 1.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  47.8 KB

And the new bonnets......

Name:  giel 3.jpg
Size:  57.0 KB

As for oddballs getting together. We've just come back from here....

Name:  poster 2.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  33.2 KB

Where 3,000 cars gathered from all over - Belgium, UK, Jersey, Germany, Holland and of course France.

Here's a character you might recognise...

Name:  giel 4.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  56.7 KB

This is an H Van - an honorary 2CV and this one is a star of the small screen.....

Name:  fringe006.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  15.0 KB

"Croquenbouche" (choux pastry) 2Cvs for the occasion

Name:  giel 2.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  51.1 KB

Few things I like better than a loveable oddball, don'tcha know
    Oddball as charged - but luckily for the car there are still a lot of us about!!

That little car has been the means of our family visiting places and having adventures we would not have been able to afford otherwise and has made us friends with people from all over the world. We have been to World Meetings (every 2 years) in Holland, Austria, Italy and Scotland. Next year the World Meeting will be in France and it will be HUGE (and there will be American visitors! Plus Australians, Swedes, Finns, Norwegians, Portuguese, Czechs, Slovenians, Spanish, Italians, etc etc etc. There is always one Japanese visitor too!)

This shows two of the family cars at the highest point of the Route Napoleon (yes - they did make it to the top!!) on our way to the Italy World Meeting 2003 in the mountain village of Vinadio. Here we added 7,000 visitors to their usual population of 700 - and the petrol tanker was calling daily rather than once a month!

Name:  Route Napoleon - both cars.jpg
Size:  132.5 KB

"Ceci n'est pas une voiture - c'est un art de vivre" (this isn't a car - it's a way of life!!)

Quote Originally Posted by bluebedouin View Post
    Thought it was a rhetorical question!
    It was

Quote Originally Posted by foxescome View Post
    Well I think it's lovely, used to have a green and white deckchair one and I loved it. Such character and had loads of fun in it, windows were always flying open when going around a bend

Wish they still made them
    Hooray - a fellow enthusiast on eBid !! You realise that makes you an oddball too - but maybe one who has responded to treatment and reformed!!

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'd drive a Porche,but cant drive

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by tonyreddevil View Post
    I'd drive a Porche,but cant drive
    1.Toyota Camry 1998
    2.Toyota Camry 2000
    3.Chevy Impala 2000
    4.BMW Z3 Roadster 2001

....Well that's all...for now...

Bright Gold/Yellow hatchback (but on the rego it says sedan).

A Mercedes E320CDi for chauffeur work and wedding hire. "Her Majesty" - my 1984 Daimler Sovereign is sitting in the garage waiting for me to get the cash together to get some bodywork restoration done. Plus my trusty bike is a 1983 Yamaha XJ750 Maxim.

Thread Information