Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: the farce continues

Quote Originally Posted by Borderdoors View Post
    well Clegg got the deputy pm job, not bad I guess for the leader of the party coming in 3rd!
    ..so anytime Cameron not available will Cleggie take on PMQs?

- does not compute ... does not compute.....
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

I am just wondering what will be sold off first.

I am going for the Post Office/Royal Mail first. I am so looking forward to spending ages trying to get through to India to chase up a missing parcel, then giving up 'cos I can't understand the person at the other end (through no fault of theirs).

Then there will be parts of the NHS sold off - bad enough trying to get an NHS dentist these days, and when you do your choice of treatment is limited.

The banks that we 'own' will be sold off. Perhaps to City Slickers at very reasonable rates, or maybe offered to us ordinary people in the same manner that Thatcher sold BT and British Gas - Joe Public thought that was OK, as he was getting a slice of the action.

Is there any council housing left to sell on?

Not surprised Clegg got into bed with Cameron - they are cut from the same cloth.

Those who moaned about Broon, will soon have something else to moan about soon enough.
    http://im1.ebidst.com/upload_banner/booksforsale_61768.jpg

Booksforsale For Vintage Homewares and New & Secondhand Books

Main Store - Click Here

Join ebid here

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Interesting that Obama was the first foreign leader to congratulate Cameron. He apparently didn't think much of him when they met before - stating 'What a lightweight!'.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/b...on-lightweight

Hopefully the new government will be less of an American puppet and realise that there is no 'special relationship' unless it suits America.

Rotherham, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View PATRIOT73's Feedback (+173)
    All-About PATRIOT73
    View PATRIOT73's Listings
    Forum Posts

or shuts down 1st
    "WALKING IS DEFINITELY OVERRATED"

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Back to the polls within six months is my bet!

View BLOXBOOKS's Feedback (+5010)
    All-About BLOXBOOKS
    View BLOXBOOKS's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by booksforsale View Post
    I am just wondering what will be sold off first.

I am going for the Post Office/Royal Mail first. I am so looking forward to spending ages trying to get through to India to chase up a missing parcel, then giving up 'cos I can't understand the person at the other end (through no fault of theirs).

Then there will be parts of the NHS sold off - bad enough trying to get an NHS dentist these days, and when you do your choice of treatment is limited.

The banks that we 'own' will be sold off. Perhaps to City Slickers at very reasonable rates, or maybe offered to us ordinary people in the same manner that Thatcher sold BT and British Gas - Joe Public thought that was OK, as he was getting a slice of the action.

Is there any council housing left to sell on?

Not surprised Clegg got into bed with Cameron - they are cut from the same cloth.

Those who moaned about Broon, will soon have something else to moan about soon enough.
    The good news would be...people may not notice some of that because they will be still reeling from VAT increase to 20% (back to 8% on gas and electric) and a new tax, or duty, dont know what it will be.....but just for fun imagine maybe a Demonstration tax or a Poor Persons Penalty (on the spot fines for vagrants and the destitute) even the special licence for unmarried people having kids (£500 per year for the 1st child.........lol, special exemptions for people earning £64,000 per year or more) Reintroduce fox hunting and use those vagrants and the destitute persons who can not pay their fines in the place of hounds (Special provision, sub section 1, in the event of no fox being caught a light snack must be provided to the poor persons, then give them a right old debagging)........Its a brave new world
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BLOXBOOKS

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Actually, I didn't think you folks voted for a person to be PM. I was under the impression that you voted for whichever party you wanted to run the government and the PM just happened to be whomever the party picked for their leader. Maybe I misunderstood your system.

I suppose the Queen might accept if you decided to vote control back over to the monarchy. Or maybe not. Who would want the headaches?

Quote Originally Posted by JaBek1 View Post
    Actually, I didn't think you folks voted for a person to be PM. I was under the impression that you voted for whichever party you wanted to run the government and the PM just happened to be whomever the party picked for their leader. Maybe I misunderstood your system.

I suppose the Queen might accept if you decided to vote control back over to the monarchy. Or maybe not. Who would want the headaches?
    Very good point.
    It sounds like one way when you read about it. But it definitely looks very different when you see it.... At the end of it, even if a president is not elected, the hoohaaa truly looks like a presidential election...
    Caroline

Just click on the following link to see my auctions.
    http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/main.c...er&go=%A0Go%A0

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaBek1 View Post

You appear to have understood our system better than you thought you did.

No party had the overall majority of elected members.when all the votes came in but more people actually elected members for the CONservatives than for the other parties

So...going by the number of MPs elected (not the actual percentage of votes), the electorate got what they asked for ...always supposing they support the idea of the FPTP system we have now.

Sadly, a lot of people won't have their voices heard in parliament as their candidates weren't elected, despite a lot of people voting for them. That situation would change with proportional representation.

Rotherham, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View PATRIOT73's Feedback (+173)
    All-About PATRIOT73
    View PATRIOT73's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_Panther View Post
    Back to the polls within six months is my bet!
    yup ........bookies teekin bets fer election b4 crimbo
    "WALKING IS DEFINITELY OVERRATED"

Thread Information