Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Magic The Gathering cards - listing advice?

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Magic The Gathering cards - listing advice?

Hi, a penpal has recently sent me a ton of trading cards for this game.. the thing is I dont play MTG, or any such game, nor do I know anything whatsoever about those games other than they exist - my fantasy gaming being soley charging about in the mud, with live action roleplay .

So anyway thinking practically, I intend to list the cards on ebid, but is it more sensible to list them separately or as a bulk "job lot"?

Thanks

Forum Diehard
    View JJcards's Feedback (+1672)
    All-About JJcards
    View JJcards's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have sold mtg cards for years both online and in store and I would recommend doing a little looking into the cards,some of the rares are quite sought after and folks tend to pay more for a couple of cards needed to complete their decks than they would for a lot,than again if the lot is comprised of mainly commons or uncommons you would probably be better off with a lot,
    If your having trouble telling the difference between rares,commons and uncommons just look for rares have a gold logo from that particular release,uncommons silver and commons a black

I would check online if you find yourself with a bunch of rares to see what their selling for some only go for 25 cents some as much as a few 100$ and more,it may be worth the while.

If you have any questions regarding any of the cards,how to tell the different sets as they have cards with same names in different types,editions, now just give me a pm and I will be more than happy to help you out

Laur

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

is that the tiny logo in the top right hand corner of the cards? If so I also have some in the load that dont have any logo on at all. (other than on the backs of them where they are all identical). some cards have black borders and some white borders...

Forum Diehard
    All-About JJcards
    View JJcards's Listings
    Forum Posts

Pm sent

http://magiccards.info/

A fully searchable database with information on each card, which edition/s each is/was in and prices (in dollars) that each card is listed at on a large number of websites.

Be prepared to spend quite a lot of time making note if you visit the site.

Forum Diehard
    All-About JJcards
    View JJcards's Listings
    Forum Posts

There are tons of great sites out there to find cards,problem is with someone who is not used to the mtg concept and the revisions etc it can and does get confusing

Could also try wizards,they have a searchable database their is also a french site based in france that catalogues virtually every mtg card made along with pics but cannot post that link here as they sell their items and is against forum rules

Whichever route you take just give it some time to get used to the different types sets revisoins etc as it will be a daunting task but can be worth the while

Thread Information