Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Is 1 listing for multiples a good idea? Any feedback appreciated

Forum Newbie
    All-About mrcheapsbiz
    View mrcheapsbiz's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Is 1 listing for multiples a good idea? Any feedback appreciated

I have been going back and forth about my Video gaming accessories. Wondering if the way I listed them was A good Idea... Basically Listed all accessories for gaming and video game in 1 listing along with 1 flat rate price. I was kind of thinking It is a good idea because It offers the convience of Being able to find what a customer wants without alot of searching. On the other hand, Would it be better to list Each accessory separately due to More chance of exposure by listing Each separately. Also On one hand listing That many choices separately would be quite tedious, But it also would Benefit To not have to continually Send images and descriptions to each customer who would like more information, On the other hand, It would allow customers and seller to Have an open invitation for comunication, network building and establishing a Positive presence of helpful customer service.
    OKAY, ARE YOU DIZZY YET?? I was.....
    Any feedback? Any and all would be greatly appreciated. I am established on other auctions but pretty new to this one and would love to here an experience at all.

Most Ebid customers come in from Google, the more individual items that you have listed the better your chances of being picked up in searches.
    Free shipping is not popular on Ebid, people prefer to get discounts on shipping when purchasing multiple items, (this also might encourage people to purchase more than one item), also a US customer would probably expect to pay less for one of your items including shipping, than a customer in Europe, which is another reason free shipping isn't popular.
    Gallery pictures are popular on Ebid, many people just skip anything without a picture, your multi item listing has one gallery picture for 26 different items.
    If I searched for any of those 26 items by name in the title they would not appear.
    This multi item format of listing is making it much harder for people to find your stuff, and I expect in most cases they won't.
    So my advice is create 26 different listings each with a gallery picture, unique title and at least a Buy It Now price so that they get picked up in Google.

For DVDs at great prices!

Fountain DVD - For DVDs
    Fountain Bazaar - For everything else

There are 10 types of people, those that understand binary and those that don't !

Quote Originally Posted by FountainDVD View Post
    Most Ebid customers come in from Google, the more individual items that you have listed the better your chances of being picked up in searches.
    Free shipping is not popular on Ebid, people prefer to get discounts on shipping when purchasing multiple items, (this also might encourage people to purchase more than one item), also a US customer would probably expect to pay less for one of your items including shipping, than a customer in Europe, which is another reason free shipping isn't popular.
    Gallery pictures are popular on Ebid, many people just skip anything without a picture, your multi item listing has one gallery picture for 26 different items.
    If I searched for any of those 26 items by name in the title they would not appear.
    This multi item format of listing is making it much harder for people to find your stuff, and I expect in most cases they won't.
    So my advice is create 26 different listings each with a gallery picture, unique title and at least a Buy It Now price so that they get picked up in Google.
    I agree 100%. The goggle shoppers are a completely different group of buyers, not just feebay buyers who came in thru the back door. These people shop on many different sites, and are very professional shoppers. I don't think one listing with a choice of many items will go over well. Most of the tips we give on forums are actually tips to make listings appeal to these shoppers.Well worth making changes for.

And as said, searches on ebid and google will be less effective if the items are not mentioned in the titles. People search by the titles and descriptions. Granted your description has the item names, but not having it in title is going to hurt you traffic wise.

We found out fairly early that the more we listed the more we sold. That has to do with flooding the google searches with our listings. Listing as we did no feebay (best items only), will not get you noticed. Have 200 or 400 or 600 listings will. Those listings will generate daily sales. So split those doubled up listings and have each stand alone.

As mentioned these google buyers love multiples. Dangle a good offer in front of them and they will grab for it. Also as mentioned, don't do the free shipping. Have shipping right out there plain and clear, and then do a discount on it. I offer free shipping on the second item, and offer 25% off 2nd, 30% off 3rd, etc. That convinces many to buy more than one.

Good luck on ebid!

Thread Information