Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: How to contact Ebid in regards to Feedback.

Angry How to contact Ebid in regards to Feedback.

Hi.

I need some information on how to get some Feedback received looked in to. The reason been is as follows:

We sold an item on Saturday 22 may 2010 @ 08.21

The buyer did everything that was requested, such as buy now. The buy now was received at 08.23.27

We then proceeded to post the item off at 10AM that same day, this giving the buyer every chance of a next day delivery. Shortly after the item having already been posted, we received an email from the buyer. This was brief with the content of " Sorry I bought the wrong item i think, refund please". Now we do encourage refunds and exchanges, even if it's not the fault of us. If a buyer purchases the item as described and then later on decides they don't want it after all, then we will and do offer a service of return. We replied to the seller within minutes, asking them to wait until the item had been delivered. Then to get back in touch and we will sort out the refund for them.

Monday (next working day) the item was delivered and an email was received. We then sent out our postal address for where the item can be returned to. No sooner we accepted the return, the buyer proceeded with untrue negative feedback. We still have not received the item, although it's only 3 days after they originally received it.

We support negative and positive feedback towards sellers where required. However the negative we received should have been on a positive note. We went that extra mile to accept that the buyer had purchased an item they no longer required and offered a refund.

Is there anywhere that we can have this looked in ?

Thank you very much

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Use the normal contact form on the help pages, and don't forget to supply the item number. I took a look, and I wouldn't be too confident of getting that removed, but you can only ask. The neg doesn't seem extreme, and could be perfectly fair from the buyer's point of view... they may have tried to cancel, and tried to ask for your details as they say - the fact that you didn't receive the messages until later doesn't mean they're lying. I don't think the neg is that off-putting, and your reply is calm. It wouldn't stop me buying from you so if it does stay don't worry about it to much.

Hi bykimbo.

The buyer did not send there mail to cancel within 1 minute as they stated. It was after the item had already been posted, as we can prove. They were supplied a return address as soon as they confirmed the delivery of the item. The feedback is totally untrue, other wise I personally wouldn't mind. To be fair, we did everything possible to understand some buyers may buy items, that they later find they really didnt want. We offered a refund and gave out a 10% off anything within the next 12 months. I just thought it was a bit harsh to send a negative to anyone, that is actually trying to help buyers and gain there confidence in buying on Ebid.

Thank you so much for taking time out to reply and we appreciate this

View foxescome's Feedback (+2076)
    All-About foxescome
    View foxescome's Listings
    Forum Posts

Bargainbuddy, is the bit about you taking your paypal fees off the refund. I would think if this is not true then it should be removed
    Irene

For Everything a Girl Could Want
    Skincare, Perfumes, Purses & Handbags.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Reeniay-Girls

I

Ticket has been sent

Thank you so much for the quick responses. Think I may have to call in to these forums more often. Had not really had any reason to do so in the past.

Thank again
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by BargainBuddyUK View Post
    Hi bykimbo.

The buyer did not send there mail to cancel within 1 minute as they stated. It was after the item had already been posted, as we can prove. They were supplied a return address as soon as they confirmed the delivery of the item. The feedback is totally untrue, other wise I personally wouldn't mind. To be fair, we did everything possible to understand some buyers may buy items, that they later find they really didnt want. We offered a refund and gave out a 10% off anything within the next 12 months. I just thought it was a bit harsh to send a negative to anyone, that is actually trying to help buyers and gain there confidence in buying on Ebid.

Thank you so much for taking time out to reply and we appreciate this
    Emphasize that to ebid with emails etc. You are guilty of nothing but being efficient and using the small window of opportunity to mail the item for the buy's convenience/pleasure. That deserves a neg?

Sounds suspicious to me. You have no item, money is gone (or could be gone shortly), and buyer knew you were rushing it to PO. More to this than a simple change of mind and bad timing.

An honest person would have apologized and told you they were refusing delivery and would pay for shipping of correct item because it was their mistake. Not give you a negative for taking it to postoffice too fast.

Is the payment still there?

Let us know how this turns out.

UPDATE: looks like the negative is gone!!!!! Good for you!!
    Last edited by deltadelta48; 29th May 2010 at 09:32 PM.

Forum Lurker
    View bidnwin's Feedback (+16)
    All-About bidnwin
    View bidnwin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good result Gary, as deltatrade48 mentioned it really does sound suspicious on the buyers part.

For sure this reversal would NOT have happened on Greedbay as the fairness on this site has gone for good.

An Excellent response from Ebid, VERY reassuring for sellers, well done yet again.
    Last edited by bidnwin; 1st July 2010 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bidnwin View Post
    Good result Gary, as deltatrade48 mentioned it really does sound suspicious on the buyers part.

For sure this reversal would NOT have happened on Greedbay as the fairness on this site has gone for good.

An Excellent response from Ebid, VERY reassuring for sellers, well done yet again.
    Yes, nice to have a site watching seller's backs instead of trying to stick in a knife isn't it?

Forum Lurker
    View bidnwin's Feedback (+16)
    All-About bidnwin
    View bidnwin's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree, all sellers and buyers, of which I am both, on various sites ask for is democratic Fairness for Both sellers and buyers alike, it appears we have that here.

Abertillery, Blaenau Gwent, United Kingdom
    View jane6905's Feedback (+195)
    All-About jane6905
    View jane6905's Listings
    Forum Posts

Glad you have a positive outcome even if your money and the item has gone too! Thats disturbing to say the least..

just a point, what feedback did the buyer get? Sorry i haven't looked at the transaction myself, daughter's busying me about today...

Janey

Thread Information