Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sky vs Virgin

Quote Originally Posted by LizzyA View Post
    The TV choice on demand and catch up are brilliant. Sky do not offer that.
    The catch up/TV choice on demand is a big selling point for me.

I've watched a load of 'Cracker' and 'Touch of Frost' episodes this year that I'd otherwise have considered buying on DVD.

I'm surprised (but glad) Sky don't offer the same thing - competition is healthy in any marketplace.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    a.b.e.
    Quote Originally Posted by CarnoustieCats View Post
    ABE me too......

Equador are no longer in it (same as Scotland )...keep up!

Rock, Pop, Indie, Dance and more CDs

Exclamation

Virgin is a nightmare to deal with when you have a problem with BB, twice their help desk has told me I need an engineer in as I have connectivity issues and twice it was Virgins service at fault then I had an issue with their antivirus which was once again my pc at fault which turned out to be their software removal did not remove the software (cost a small fortune to get the engineer in) plus with their anti virus they seem to have a hub that tracks your surfing footprint. They are not much better with the billing and removing services either.

Quote Originally Posted by cheap2clear View Post
    Virgin is a nightmare to deal with when you have a problem with BB, twice their help desk has told me I need an engineer in as I have connectivity issues and twice it was Virgins service at fault then I had an issue with their antivirus which was once again my pc at fault which turned out to be their software removal did not remove the software (cost a small fortune to get the engineer in) plus with their anti virus they seem to have a hub that tracks your surfing footprint. They are not much better with the billing and removing services either.
    Yes - their broadband helpdesk aint much cop.

But I always get a refund of some sort if I have any problems with them.

But a friend of mine went over to Sky broadband - took them 2 months to gt her up and running.

Well...........virgin have made up my mind for me on this one.

I had been having intermittent faults with my broadband for the past couple of weeks - would just go off line suddenly for a few minutes.
    On Monday night this week - it was off for a lot longer, so called them.
    They said it was something to do with the router, so they would send a technician out on Wednesday morning - between 8 and 12.
    Hadnt arrived by 1.30, so I called them to find out when he might be here.

Their response?.............

Oh - he isnt coming today - shall I book you another appointment??

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

If I hadnt called them, I would still be waiting till tonight!

The op said that he had tried to call me, but there appeared to be a problem with my phone, and he couldnt get thru.
    This made me laugh............it is a Virgin number..........had to tell them so that was another problem they should be sorting out? My faulty virgin phone!

Got them to transfer me to custome services - I told them woman that this wasnt personal..........then ripped into her.

Not happy - I will NOT be moving my entire tv/telephone/broadband service to virgin now.

Mansfield Woodhouse, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View LizzyA's Feedback (+2899)
    All-About LizzyA
    View LizzyA's Listings
    Forum Posts

Never have any TV, Broadband or Phone problems whilst I have been with Virgin, which is years they were NTL when I joined, years ago.
    You have some bad luck, Shame because they are better then Sky by miles. we were with sky since they started for years. Virgin Leagues ahead.
    Lizzy

for Books and Magazines click
    http://lizzies-book-store.ebid.net/

Computer Games etc click
    http://its-all-about-computers.ebid.net/

Baby Cardigans Bonnet Sets click
    http://hand-knitted-specially-for-you.ebid.net/

DVD's, CD's, and Lots more click

http://lizzies-bits-and-bobs.ebid.net/

China Collectables click
    http://lizzies-china-collectables.ebid.net/

Want to be a member, No problem, Just click on this link:

http://uk.ebid.net/perl/normal.cgi?r...=register-main

Started off with Telewest - moved TV only to Sky - then NTL then Virgin.

Still paying out for Broadband and phone from Virgin and TV from Sky+ which I love.

I know it is a waste of money but don't know which way to jump yet - nought is 'broke' so I am drifting along...
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Quote Originally Posted by CarnoustieCats View Post
    Started off with Telewest - moved TV only to Sky - then NTL then Virgin.

Still paying out for Broadband and phone from Virgin and TV from Sky+ which I love.

I know it is a waste of money but don't know which way to jump yet - nought is 'broke' so I am drifting along...
    Thats the way I have mine at the moment - still concerned about having all my eggs in one basket, particularly after their behaviour and attitude today.

I just called back to their customer relations dept, and asked for the correct address to send to their CEO. (And various others at the top).
    The womans response.........oh you cannot write direct to him, we dont allow that - you have to write to us in the customer concerns department.

Ummmmmmm well dear - I have news for ya - and it aint good!!!

Thread Information