Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scam emails

Cambuslang, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View KAYS6912's Feedback (+245)
    All-About KAYS6912
    View KAYS6912's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Scam emails

This piece of illiterate muck from the low-life scam merchants arrived in my Inbox yesterday:

OFFICE OF THE DIRECTOR OF OPERATION INTERNATIONAL
    CREDIT SETTLEMENT,

CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA

ATTENTION: HONOURABLE BENEFICIARYTHIS IS TO
    OFFICIALLY INFORM YOU THAT WE HAVE VERIFIED YOUR CONTRACT /INHERITANCE FILE ANDFOUND OUT THATWHY YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED YOUR PAYMENT IS BECAUSE YOUHAVE NOT FUFILLED THE OBLIGATIONS GIVEN TO YOU IN RESPECT OF YOUR CONTRACT/INHERITANCE PAYMENT.SECONDLY WE HAVE BEEN INFORMED THAT YOU ARE STILL DEALING WITH THE NONE OFFICIALS IN THE BANK ALL YOUR ATTEMPT TO SECURE THE RELEASE OF THE FUND TO YOU.

WE WISH TO ADVISE YOU THAT SUCH AN ILLEGAL ACT LIKE THIS HAVE TO STOP IF YOU WISHES TO RECEIVE YOUR PAYMENT SINCE WE HAVE DECIDED TO BRING A SOLUTION TO YOUR PROBLEM. RIGHT NOW WE HAVE
    ARRANGED YOUR PAYMENT THROUGH OUR SWIFT CARD PAYMENT CENTER
    ASIA PACIFIC, THAT IS THE LATEST INSTRUCTION FROM MR. PRESIDENT,DR GOODLUCK JONATHAN(GCFR) FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.

THIS CARD CENTER WILL SEND YOU AN ATM CARD WHICH YOU WILL USE TO WITHDRAW YOUR MONEY IN ANY ATM MACHINE IN ANY PART OF THE WORLD, BUT THE MAXIMUM IS ONE THOUSAND, FIVE HUNDRED UNITED STATES DOLLARS PER DAY. SO IF YOU LIKE TO RECEIVE YOUR FUND IN THIS WAY, PLEASE LET US KNOW BY CONTACTING THE ATM PAYMENT DEPARTMENT AND ALSO SEND THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION AS LISTED BELOW.

1. FULL NAME
    2. PHONE AND FAX NUMBER
    3. ADDRESS WERE YOU WANT THEM TO SEND THE ATM CARD
    TO(P.O BOX NOT ACCEPTABLE)
    4. YOUR AGE AND CURRENT OCCUPATION
    5. ATTACH COPY OF YOUR IDENTIFICATION (OPTIONAL)

HOWEVER, KINDLY FIND BELOW THE CONTACT PERSONR.STEVE OBI DIRECTOR, ATM PAYMENT DEPARTMENT EMAIL: atm_releasedept@hotmail.com

THE ATMCARD PAYMENT CENTER HAS BEEN MANDATED TO ISSUE OUT
    $5,500,000.00 AS PART PAYMENT FOR THIS FISCAL YEAR 2010.

ALSO FOR YOUR INFORMATION, YOU HAVE TO STOP ANYFURTHER COMMINUCATION WITH ANY OTHER PERSON(S) OR OFFICE(s) TO AVOID ANY
    HITCHES IN RECEIVING YOUR PAYMENT. EMAIL ME BACK AS SOON AS YOU RECEIVE THIS IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR FURTHER DIRECTION AND ALSO UPDATE ME ON ANY DEVELOPMENT FROM THE ABOVE MENTIONED OFFICE.NOTETHAT BECAUSE OF IMPOSTORS, WE HEREBY ISSUED YOU OUR CODE OF CONDUCT,WHICH IS (ATM-0010)

SO YOU HAVE TO INDICATE THIS CODE WHEN CONTACTING THE CARD CENTER BY USING IT AS YOUR SUBJECT.

REGARDS,BARR. HEINE PAUL
    CHIEF AUDITOR TO THE PRESIDENT
    FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including all attachments is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited unless specifically provided under the New Mexico Inspection of Public Records Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of this message. -- This email has been scanned by the Sybari - Antigen Email System.

I have already replied to this but cannot, in the name of decency, make it public. I'd get kicked right off the site, never mind the Forums! Needless to say, there is some very bad language involved. I HATE SCAMMERS!!!!!

Then there's this one which arrived today:

hello there,
    thanks for the fast response,i am actually buying the item for someone abroad as a present and i will add you 100GBP to the sale price of the item for the cost of the shipment abroad through Royal Mail International Delivery Signed For,so kindly send me a request from paypal for the total cost of the item and including postage so that i could be able to complete the payment and also do get the item off the site and if you don't have a paypal account to receive payment for the item..pls kindly get register on www.paypal.co.uk because of safety and security purpose as i have already made a very good offer for this item,pls kindly act fast and get back to me as soon as you done so..i await your fast response....thanks

I usually keep these wee turds going to see what info I can glean, then send my standard reply, again not fit for public consumption. I know I shouldn't but this bunch of scum really get on my wick! I'm not trying to sell goods on auction sites, etc for the fun of it. And these clowns want to rip me off? Don't think so. And just because the sender of this latest scam purports to be female doesn't mean I'm going to tone the language/insults down. If anything, it'll probably be worse!
    Nancy
    Ceud mìle f?*ilte!
    ‘A hundred thousand welcomes!’

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BARGAIN-BROWSER

GENERAL STORE

You shouldn't ever reply to spams, scams or dodgy emails of any sort. Neither should you ever use the "click here to unsubscribe" links that some of them give. By responding in any way, you are telling them that your email address is active. Active addresses are then added to spam lists and sold on to even more spammers, scammers and scum. There is also always the risk that the link will lead you to a dodgy site.

So, in short, just ignore them and bin their emails.

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

The thing is if they send 100,000 out and get ONE genuine reply then its worked. there's one born every minute!... If this scam did not work then we would not receive rubbish like this every month or so.

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

View foxescome's Feedback (+2076)
    All-About foxescome
    View foxescome's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have only ever recived one email like this and din't respond in any way.

As damien said - don't respond as it brings in even more scammers
    Irene

For Everything a Girl Could Want
    Skincare, Perfumes, Purses & Handbags.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Reeniay-Girls

I

Cambuslang, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View KAYS6912's Feedback (+245)
    All-About KAYS6912
    View KAYS6912's Listings
    Forum Posts

Damien, Irene - I KNOW I shouldn't reply to them. I always report the low-lifes anyway. But it just makes me so angry that this scum think it's OK to sit back and scam people. Even worse, that I would fall for such an illiterate message. I know that some people do fall for this type of thing, usually older people. And that makes me even angrier!
    Nancy
    Ceud mìle f?*ilte!
    ‘A hundred thousand welcomes!’

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BARGAIN-BROWSER

GENERAL STORE

Can't be as good as this one

From Mr David Dieudonne
    Bill and Exchange Manager
    Foreign Remittance Dept
    Bank of Africa

attention

Dear Sir/madam I sourced your email from a human resource profile database in the chamber, my name is Mr David Dieudonne. Account officer to late Mr. Hussein Mubarak from Kuwait who is an gold merchant Agent here in Ouagadougou Burkina Faso, a well known Philanthropist before he died. He made a Will stating that $7.4Million dollars (Seven million four hundred thousand USD) should be given to a citizen of our choice overseas as one of his own donation to humanity .the bank gave me the permition to have made a random draw of email's and your e-mail address was picked as the beneficiary to this Will. I am particularly interested in securing this money from the Bank because they have issued a notice instructing me been the account officer to produce the beneficiary of this will before end of this year 2010 else the money will be credited to the Government treasury as per law here. It is my utmost desire to execute the Will of my late client Mr. Hussein
    Mubarak since he is no more alive, both wife Nera Mubarak, and daughter Fatimata Mubarack are no more,may there soul rest in perfect peace. You are required to contact me immediately to enable me update you in detail's about the process of this very opportunity bearing in mind that the Bank has given me a date limit, i await your return mail

Meanwhile I request on your return mail your data's or information's as follows:

1. Your Name in Full:
    2. Your Address:
    3. Your Occupation:
    4. Your Nationality:
    5. Your City
    6. Your Telephone number
    7. Your Mobile number:
    8. Your Age:
    9. Your Gender:

However,I promising to clarify you on any doubts in your mind . my direct mobile number (removed) call.

Mr. David Dieudonne
    Bill and Exchange Manager
    Bank of Africa Ouagadougou
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Lol. I've been getting them for years. In Nigeria it's a source of the majority of its GNP.
    I have never answered any of them ( my policy ). But as it has been pointed out enough follow through to make it worth the effort by the scammers.
    I find it hard to have any sympathy for those who are taken since it is greed that motivates their response in the first place.

" Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't. "
    Ben Franklin

http://us.ebid.net/stores/JerseyDevi...-and-Militaria

http://us.ebid.net/stores/JerseyDevil-COMICS

http://us.ebid.net/stores/JerseyDevi...CTCs-and-Games

Glasgow, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View ejean9's Feedback (+946)
    All-About ejean9
    View ejean9's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil View Post
    Lol. I've been getting them for years. In Nigeria it's a source of the majority of its GNP.
    I have never answered any of them ( my policy ). But as it has been pointed out enough follow through to make it worth the effort by the scammers.
    I find it hard to have any sympathy for those who are taken since it is greed that motivates their response in the first place.
    JD,,, how you doing stranger

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

I keep getting them from a so called HSBC. Apparently they want to put £5,500 into my account - I don't have an account with them.

Anything like this is deleted immediately.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Craig's wins for being a classier and perhaps even more believable story as scams go. Any attorney hoping their soul (sic) rest in peace must be quite a nice guy.

Amounts scream SCAM. $5m $7m. Sure. But I bet there are lots more people who fall for chance to get $20,000 instead. Probably give all bank details and lose money but are too embarrassed to say something to authorities.

Thread Information