Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Items do sell on eBid

Default What items do sell on eBid

Having only bought and sold once on eBid I would like to know what items do sell on eBid.

I am not a trader I am clearing out 30 years of collecting musical, disco band, electronic components, test equipment and karaoke equipment and soon the car, the house and its contents as we are due to move out of the UK 2011.

A person used to come and buy equipment on a regular basis from me, and advertise it on eBay, there were not many items that needed to be re-listed and that did not turn a good profit. (I sold them to him for next to nothing, they did not make their worth on eBay but the difference made him a good profit)

I ceased to patronise eBay when I was forced to offer pay pal which applied to everyone wishing to list items for sale. He also has now stopped since he was hit with charge back and lost several hundred pounds and his goods.

I have returned to eBid for the obvious reasons, I also use sites like Gumtree, the local free ads and the occasional car boot but that is more for domestic items, tools and test equipment (which I hate to part with) along with the odd bit of the music kit thrown in, which is more suited to domestic party type gear.

I have listed three items on eBid which after a week have not had one view I follow similar items on eBay which get about 20 hits a day.

What items are sought after on eBid and have a good sales rate, I am not looking to sell anything other than what I own and want to clear. I know there are sellers who use this platform as well as Ebay and no doubt other outlets.

What interests me are the facts and figures and what makes one selling platform more successful than another.
    Last edited by cheap2clear; 13th June 2010 at 09:23 AM.

View Teddyrose54's Feedback (+158)
    All-About Teddyrose54
    View Teddyrose54's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome to Ebid~ and I wish you every success ~~but~~
    I don't understand your question?
    Sorry but if you're not a professional seller, and only clearing out, why do you want to know what sells?
    Ebid is slow~ and you will not get the same foot fall here as on the other side.
    If anyone knew what are guaranteed to sell, then we would all be making millions.
    You can only list and wait~ sometimes for quite awhile~ but that is the same anywhere.

View knitandpurl's Feedback (+58)
    All-About knitandpurl
    View knitandpurl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheap2clear View Post
    Having only bought and sold once on eBid I would like to know what items do sell on ebid

I have listed three items on eBid which after a week have not had one view I follow similar items on eBay which get about 20 hits a day.

What interests me are the facts and figures and what makes one selling platform more successful than another.

There lies the problem you have. You have only 3 listings and only used us once to sell. You have to build reputation as a seller and advertise yourself a little. As for facts and figures you only gain success through hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by XCESSBAGGAGE View Post
    Welcome to Ebid~ and I wish you every success ~~but~~
    I don't understand your question?
    Sorry but if you're not a professional seller, and only clearing out, why do you want to know what sells?
    Ebid is slow~ and you will not get the same foot fall here as on the other side.
    If anyone knew what are guaranteed to sell, then we would all be making millions.
    You can only list and wait~ sometimes for quite awhile~ but that is the same anywhere.
    Because it is an indicator to whether or not those who use this site are interested in what I am clearing . I do not want to use a site as a dumping ground.

I did not ask what was guaranteed to sell I asked what sells (if you were established as a whole food shop then it would be pointless displaying GM food).
    There must be long standing trade or hobby sellers on this site that have a regular turnover of paticular range of goods, perhaps china ware. so that may be a category that is well viewed and you stand a good chance of selling your item in that category, now lets say that glass items have sat for a months in a glass ware category and have had little or no views would indicate to me that the site does not attract buyers in that category and the item has little or no chance of being sold. EBid has been around long enough to become established and have strong and poor sales categorys.

I do not think eBid is slow because it has not been around as long as eBay, I feel eBay has gained the reputation that if you want something eBay is the place you will find it, which is not always the case.

Yes you can list and wait anywhere, but if if you list similar items in the correct category and they do not attract views it is obvious that the sales platform is not the right one for that item

Quote Originally Posted by knitandpurl View Post
    There lies the problem you have. You have only 3 listings and only used us once to sell. You have to build reputation as a seller and advertise yourself a little. As for facts and figures you only gain success through hard work.
    Hi you need a good sales reputation to sell, you need no reputation for a prospective customer to view your listing, that is done out of interest. In many cases it is not hard work that is needed to gain success, it is a product that is in demand and stratigic marketing.

Thumbs up Well Stated!!

Quote Originally Posted by cheap2clear View Post
    Hi you need a good sales reputation to sell, you need no reputation for a prospective customer to view your listing, that is done out of interest. In many cases it is not hard work that is needed to gain success, it is a product that is in demand and stratigic marketing.
    Your statement is quite profound and apropos. I know what doesn't sell well here, and that is numismatic precious metal items, which will normally sell virtually anywhere when priced properly. When you can't sell a PCGS MS69 (i.e. virtually flawless condition) certified Gold coin, listed at less than its' melt value, it's time to retreat. I believe that you'll find "widgets" and clothes to be the leading sales items, but others know better than I.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have actually things listed that I didn't think would sell, but as it doesn't cost me I gave it a go - and some have sold. So there is no way of knowing what people are looking for

View prescott9376's Feedback (+1361)
    All-About prescott9376
    View prescott9376's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome to Ebid, I Understand your Question but its not a case of what sells its how much.

I had over 60 sales in May - Records, Cds, DVDs, Books, Comics, Cigarette Cards, Plates & Ornaments, Prints But I do Have about 700 Listings.
    I was on verge of giving a couple of figurine to the charitie shop last week, they had been listed for 12 months or more but within the week they both sold.

If you do have a lot that you can list (And having downsized myself a few years ago I know how much can accumalate) it may be worth your while to take a Sellers+ membership, I think you can still get it for 3 months if you dont want the Life time and then just list everything in categories that match your shops (You can have 5),

Listing is pretty easy, without downloading Ninja, if you do it in batches using templates and probabley quicker than using Turbolister on the other side.
    Put a link in each of your listings enabling browsers to join Ebid direct from your pages, (Most of my buyers are drop ins from Google), Dont list till sold put them on for 7 days and 10 auto relists.

Dont worry so much about not having a big F/B number, Its nice to have feedback but I dont think its as important here as elsewhere, most of my buyers drop in from Google, see something they like, join straight from my listing and Buy only about 1 in 5 leave F/B for me although several do come back time after time.

Finally come here regularily for any advise needed and do take a look at the more experienced users listings, if you want to take a look at mine feel free to cut & paste anything that is useful.
    I did/do.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    I have actually things listed that I didn't think would sell, but as it doesn't cost me I gave it a go - and some have sold. So there is no way of knowing what people are looking for
    You are quite right, what you no longer need may be sought after by others, but you have to let them know it is available, they may not even know they want it until they see it and it captures their imagination. and what better way than a free shop window where it only cost when you sell. The more people you can introduce to your item on a free, commission only basis the better and the greater the chance you will sell it. My dad told me when I was a boy.
    He who wispers down a well, about the goods he has to sell, never sells as much as he, who hollers from the highest tree.

Quote Originally Posted by prescott9376 View Post
    Welcome to Ebid, I Understand your Question but its not a case of what sells its how much.

I had over 60 sales in May - Records, Cds, DVDs, Books, Comics, Cigarette Cards, Plates & Ornaments, Prints But I do Have about 700 Listings.
    I was on verge of giving a couple of figurine to the charitie shop last week, they had been listed for 12 months or more but within the week they both sold.

If you do have a lot that you can list (And having downsized myself a few years ago I know how much can accumalate) it may be worth your while to take a Sellers+ membership, I think you can still get it for 3 months if you dont want the Life time and then just list everything in categories that match your shops (You can have 5),

Listing is pretty easy, without downloading Ninja, if you do it in batches using templates and probabley quicker than using Turbolister on the other side.
    Put a link in each of your listings enabling browsers to join Ebid direct from your pages, (Most of my buyers are drop ins from Google), Dont list till sold put them on for 7 days and 10 auto relists.

Dont worry so much about not having a big F/B number, Its nice to have feedback but I dont think its as important here as elsewhere, most of my buyers drop in from Google, see something they like, join straight from my listing and Buy only about 1 in 5 leave F/B for me although several do come back time after time.

Finally come here regularily for any advise needed and do take a look at the more experienced users listings, if you want to take a look at mine feel free to cut & paste anything that is useful.
    I did/do.

Paul
    Paul

in Para 1 are you talking of price or quantity? Your advice is sound and well worth my researching.The magnitude of what one has collected over the years only becomes apparent when moving. When I was orphaned at 50 by the death of my parents and I had to clear the house. I realised that it was best to live in a foreign country as a hodiday maker than in your own as a resident and took stock at the time.

Thread Information