eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Use New Forums Color scheme for Auction side of eBid website

View Maxx's Feedback (+11)
    All-About Maxx
    View Maxx's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Use New Forums Color scheme for Auction side of eBid website

Love the new design and soothing colors on the eBid forum!

Suggestion: I would like to see this same color scheme on the Auction side of this site. Soothing colors tend to keep customers on a page for a longer period of time.

I love the work you have done. I greatly appreciate all that you do for us! Thank you!
    Maxx

UPDATE: June 15, 2010

This thread was created on June 14, 2010. Today, June 15, the colors have changed yet again. This thread was pertaining to the dark purple logo on a dark blue background header with light, soothing blues that were displayed below the header.

See previous colors this thread was referring to in the pic displayed below and in Post #8. This pic also explains why I prefer the previous colors:

Click here to see Post Number 8

Also reference Post #4 for further explanation of colors and how they affect mood and behavior"
    Click here to see Post Number 4

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Maxx; 15th June 2010 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Forums colors have changed since the original thread was created

MAXX DEALS
    Great deals on electronic accessories. We have very competitive prices, ship fast, and offer combined shipping to save you money.

- Group: Increase your Search Engine Ranking. Advertise your Store Effectively (Temporarily Inactive)
    - Click here to Join eBid. It's quick. It's easy. It's Free!
    - All About MAXX

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    Suggestion: I would like to see this same color scheme on the Aution side of this site. Soothing colors tend to keep customers on a page for a longer period of time.
    I'm always interested in the psychology of web design. Do you have a link to the research or whatever source you got that from? Thanks.

I agree, I like the new look too. Don't mind the differenct colors on the other part either. Nice to have both a bit different.

All-About Maxx
    View Maxx's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I'm always interested in the psychology of web design. Do you have a link to the research or whatever source you got that from? Thanks.
    Hi Kimbo, I read about color psychology some time ago. I, too, have a strong interest in psychology and happened to recall some info of the effects of color pertaining to behavior.

Doing a quick search I found these two websites... take a look at the color "Green" on this website:
    http://www.2knowmyself.com/miscellan...lor_psychology
    However, I believe this website could have used a soothing green to make people want to linger on their website... unless they chose the bright green as an attention grabber.

And here's another website explaining how marketing campaigns combine colors to evoke feelings which appeal to their target audience:
    http://www.1stwebdesigner.com/design...ebsite-design/

Do you know why people sit at green lights and go through red lights unintentionally? Subconsciously the brain is wired to see green as a relaxing color, so people will sometimes sit or linger at a green light. Red can put people in the "Fight or Flight" mode. It can raise the blood pressure and is associated with "Speed", thus stimulating the feeling of "go, go, go". So people unintentionally run a red light.

Take what you will from these websites. The blues that I see here on the forums, (lighter blues) are soothing; people will linger. The darker blue (the top banner) are used by many company's to signify trust, loyalty, security, technology... which reflects "Reliability". And I like how our creative eBid team combined the darker blue banner with the new "purple" eBid logo (located at the top of this page). Purple; another color to take a look at.

Two thumbs up for the new forums design, eBid!!!

MAXX DEALS
    Great deals on electronic accessories. We have very competitive prices, ship fast, and offer combined shipping to save you money.

- Group: Increase your Search Engine Ranking. Advertise your Store Effectively (Temporarily Inactive)
    - All About MAXX

Mansfield Woodhouse, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View LizzyA's Feedback (+2899)
    All-About LizzyA
    View LizzyA's Listings
    Forum Posts

I do like it better now I am getting used to it more. I think when we like a thing, we do not like it to be changed, Anyway I like it here. The smilies are abit tiny for my eyes.
    Lizzy

for Books and Magazines click
    http://lizzies-book-store.ebid.net/

Computer Games etc click
    http://its-all-about-computers.ebid.net/

Baby Cardigans Bonnet Sets click
    http://hand-knitted-specially-for-you.ebid.net/

DVD's, CD's, and Lots more click

http://lizzies-bits-and-bobs.ebid.net/

China Collectables click
    http://lizzies-china-collectables.ebid.net/

Want to be a member, No problem, Just click on this link:

http://uk.ebid.net/perl/normal.cgi?r...=register-main

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks Maxx, that's tomorrow's reading matter sorted.

All-About Maxx
    View Maxx's Listings
    Forum Posts

You're very welcome, Kimbo. Have fun reading!

MAXX DEALS

- All About MAXX

All-About Maxx
    View Maxx's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post

... The blues that I see here on the forums, (lighter blues) are soothing; people will linger. The darker blue (the top banner) are used by many company's to signify trust, loyalty, security, technology... which reflects "Reliability". And I like how our creative eBid team combined the darker blue banner with the new "purple" eBid logo (located at the top of this page). Purple; another color to take a look at.

Two thumbs up for the new forums design, eBid!!!
    Oh my gosh! The forum colors have changed yet again, to very bright greens, light purples and light blues. I quietly protest. Please bring back the colors that were displayed yesterday as seen in the pic below. This thread was referring to the colors in the pic below, not the bright green and light purples.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

MAXX DEALS

- All About MAXX

I like it too. Nice to have changes every once in a while so things don't get too dull.

People love blue, its a favorite color of many and the shades of muted blue on here are very smoothing to the eye too. It is supposed to be a place to relax!

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

I like the new new colours for the forom.
    This soft purple for the heading bars is much better than the bland grey.
    And its more ebiddish

Thread Information