Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: astral were are you? I need help

Default astral were are you? I need help

can I pm you to sort out this sku thingy please, This is the only thing I am a bit confuddled about now

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Doing me shopping for the weekend and watching Star Trek Voyager (as close to 'having a life' as I get nowadays).

I don't normally have PM enabled but have switched it on temporarily if you really need it.

Any problem should be solvable here though and would likely have been answered by Kim or Sarah (or others) if you had included it in your post.

SKU is explained here: http://uk.ebid.net/help_selling.php#37

You can put whatever you want into the field.

As Astral says, the SKU can be anything you want it to be. Use whatever makes sense to you to keep your inventory sorted.

In our case, we use the original eBid ID number as a unique identifier. I label items like coins and stamps with that number and file them in that sequence as they are added. When one sells, I can find it. When I relist an item, the eBid ID number changes, so the original number goes in as the SKU.

Thanks Tia, what I am trying to do is to get my items from my turbo lister file to go into the correct shop and catagories from ninja lister. I knoe how to do everything else on it

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    What I am trying to do is to get my items from my turbo lister file to go into the correct shop and catagories from ninja lister. I knoe how to do everything else on it
    First up - I admit to never having used NL to actually create or upload anything, so others may have a better method.

As there is no direct correlation between eBay categories and eBid categories then it is not a simple one-click procedure.

The way I would go at it is:

• Import the TL file to NL.
    • Create a new Auction Set for each store/category group you want to post to on eBid.
    • Move the imported TL listings into their respective auction sets.
    • Edit the first listing in each set to the correct store/category id (e.g. 1:2a)
    • Right click on that field within the Auction Set and use Copy Field to All to fill all the other listings in that set.
    • Upload listings to eBid.

sorry not to get back astral but I have been ill in bed from yesterday untill now.
    I have now asked someone who I think will be able to sort me out with ninja.
    Thanks for all your help
    Button

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

First up - I admit to never having used NL to actually create or upload anything, so others may have a better method.
    Likewise...TL drove me crazy on the other side, and haven't used NL here either.

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iwiw60 View Post
    Likewise...TL drove me crazy on the other side, and haven't used NL here either.
    Nothing against the NL - I just prefer to create my listings using my HTML application.

While I have never created a live listing using NL I have tried to gain a basic understanding of its workings. It seems an adequate application for those that like that method of working. I think it could have been better if it were not for it being written to work across different platforms.

I do find it very hard to believe that it was as long in development as has been claimed though.

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    sorry not to get back astral...
    No problem. I hope you feel 100% soon and get your problems sorted out.

I just hope you didn't get the impression that I wasn't being as helpful as I could have been as that was certainly not the case - at least not deliberately.

Thread Information